Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr David Kim/Dr Bridget Holden

Hello! I'm new to the site and currently going through my pre-op requirements for insurance. Wondering if anyone is in the DFW area and has Dr David Kim or his associate Dr Bridget Holden as their doctor.

I did. I was sleeved by Dr. Kim on July 6th. Let me know if there is any way I can help. :)

I explored using him but ended up going with Dr. Nicholson. I've not heard anything bad about his practice though.

I did. I was sleeved by Dr. Kim on July 6th. Let me know if there is any way I can help. :)

So you've had your sleeve for a year now??? Did you have any likes or dislikes with him or his office? So far, I've been very impressed with everything. Looks like his associate, Dr Holden, will be my surgeon. Did you have it performed at Baylor Trophy Club?? I apologize for all the questions .... I'm so excited to find someone local who has had this done by this office.

I am so sorry. I meant to say June 6th. It has been 1 month. I wanted my surgery at trophy club but my insurance didn't approve it as a center of excellence. I did have an EGD there and I liked the hospital very much. As for Dr. Kim, he is a great surgeon but don't expect to see him much. I know Dr. Holden assisted in my surgery but I only met her during my consult. As for his staff, they are excellent and I have had no issues so far.

I will be on normal food starting Thursday. It was tough in the beginning but I am so glad I did this!

I am so sorry. I meant to say June 6th. It has been 1 month. I wanted my surgery at trophy club but my insurance didn't approve it as a center of excellence. I did have an EGD there and I liked the hospital very much. As for Dr. Kim' date=' he is a great surgeon but don't expect to see him much. I know Dr. Holden assisted in my surgery but I only met her during my consult. As for his staff, they are excellent and I have had no issues so far.

I will be on normal food starting Thursday. It was tough in the beginning but I am so glad I did this![/quote']

Glad to hear that you've had a good experience so far with his office. What do they require as far as pre-op diet? Any insight you can share would be helpful.

I have Aetna insurance and Summat from his office told me I would have my surgery at Trophy Club. Aetna requires 3 months of classes of which I will have my 2nd one this month. What were your insurance requirements? How long did it take to be scheduled for surgery?

I appreciate your answering all my questions! I'm excited about starting my life journey to health! ????

Glad to hear that you've had a good experience so far with his office. What do they require as far as pre-op diet? Any insight you can share would be helpful.

I have Aetna insurance and Summat from his office told me I would have my surgery at Trophy Club. Aetna requires 3 months of classes of which I will have my 2nd one this month. What were your insurance requirements? How long did it take to be scheduled for surgery?

I appreciate your answering all my questions! I'm excited about starting my life journey to health! dde0a

I had to be on a one week liquid diet. They make you buy these bariatric shakes.

My situation is a little different regarding insurance because I had a conversion from the lapband to sleeve. When I had my lapband, I had to go through 6 months of classes. This time around I had to do nothing. My surgery was scheduled fairly quick. I was approved May 11 and my surgery was scheduled June 6. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am more than happy to help!

Thank you again for your information. I'm sure I will have more questions once I get further along. I'm praying that I will be all set to have my surgery in September or October.

How are you doing since your surgery? How was your recovery? Did you stay long in the hospital? In a way I'm glad my procedure will be at the Trophy Club location as it is close to my home.

Thank you again for your information. I'm sure I will have more questions once I get further along. I'm praying that I will be all set to have my surgery in September or October.

How are you doing since your surgery? How was your recovery? Did you stay long in the hospital? In a way I'm glad my procedure will be at the Trophy Club location as it is close to my home.

I am doing great. Again, Dr. Kim is a great surgeon. That is why I chose him. Having a conversion done is risky and I know he has done tons of them. I knew I wouldn't see him after and I would only see the PAs but I was fine with that. His PAs are great. My only other issue is that I am losing extremely slow. I don't know if it's because I have a lower BMI than most to start with. I have lost about 20 pounds. I guess I should be happy to lose that in 1 month.

I am doing great. Again' date=' Dr. Kim is a great surgeon. That is why I chose him. Having a conversion done is risky and I know he has done tons of them. I knew I wouldn't see him after and I would only see the PAs but I was fine with that. His PAs are great. My only other issue is that I am losing extremely slow. I don't know if it's because I have a lower BMI than most to start with. I have lost about 20 pounds. I guess I should be happy to lose that in 1 month.[/quote']

Do you mind sharing your starting weight, height, and BMI? I am 5'7 , 265, with a BMI of 41.

My starting weight was 193 and I am 5 ft. I am currently 173. I have 63 more to go! Woohoo!

My starting weight was 193 and I am 5 ft. I am currently 173. I have 63 more to go! Woohoo!

Awesome job! I look forward to seeing the scale slide downwards for me. Just ready to get going!

I had Dr Holden and my sleeve was done at Trophy Club on 7/2, & am 4 days out. Four people at my work recently had the sleeve and I knew most of everything that would happen but not all.

Prepare to be sick, dry heaving, the night of surgery. Not trying to scare you but I did not know that a lot of people have that issue.

In the last class they say you cannot drink after surgery but you CAN have mouth swabs but you CANNOT, they lied :angry: .

The next morning, at 8, they start doing the swallow tests to check for leaks. The barium is NASTY, its sweet but bitter looked like Lysol. I was able to keep it down until I got back to my room and got some Water in me. But after it came up I never got sick or felt sick again.

You will be sent home with a prescription for blood thinner, 10 days worth of shots you have to give yourself in your stomach. The needle is small and it doesn't hurt.

Get GAS X and take it, you will have lots of gas pains and the pain meds do not help with that.

I've only taken my pain meds at night when I go to sleep, other than that I'm just sore but not in pain.

Good luck & keep us posted!! :)

I had Dr Holden and my sleeve was done at Trophy Club on 7/2' date=' & am 4 days out. Four people at my work recently had the sleeve and I knew most of everything that would happen but not all.

Prepare to be sick, dry heaving, the night of surgery. Not trying to scare you but I did not know that a lot of people have that issue.

In the last class they say you cannot drink after surgery but you CAN have mouth swabs but you CANNOT, they lied :angry: .

The next morning, at 8, they start doing the swallow tests to check for leaks. The barium is NASTY, its sweet but bitter looked like Lysol. I was able to keep it down until I got back to my room and got some Water in me. But after it came up I never got sick or felt sick again.

You will be sent home with a prescription for blood thinner, 10 days worth of shots you have to give yourself in your stomach. The needle is small and it doesn't hurt.

Get GAS X and take it, you will have lots of gas pains and the pain meds do not help with that.

I've only taken my pain meds at night when I go to sleep, other than that I'm just sore but not in pain.

Good luck & keep us posted!! :)[/quote']

Wow. My experience was different. I was allowed mouth swabs. I did dry heave as well and felt like I would throw up but that was only the first night. When i had my leak test, I did feel sick but i was fine. After, i was given Crystal Light to sip. I wasn't sent home with blood thinners nor did I get shots for my stomach. I also took GAS X with me to the hospital but walking is the only thing that will get rid of the gas. My only other issue was Constipation. I had to get Miralax because I was so uncomfortable.

I had Dr Holden and my sleeve was done at Trophy Club on 7/2' date=' & am 4 days out. Four people at my work recently had the sleeve and I knew most of everything that would happen but not all.

Good luck & keep us posted!! :)[/quote']

Thank you for your insight. So overall were you pleased with Dr Holden and Trophy Club? How long did you stay in the hospital? What exactly are the shots for that they gave you?

I've had many surgeries in my life and just recently underwent a double mastectomy with reconstruction. The 1st surgery of that road alone was 14 hours so I'm not too terribly nervous about the procedure itself, just more of being able to adapt to the liquid diet that is required prior and/or after surgery. I'm not a fan of shakes so its probably going to be a battle to endure the Protein shakes.< /p>