Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

seems such a long wait

Hello everyone this is my first time on this site, I have my appt with the dr. on Jan.9th, have lost the preop weight and had all the tests, upper gi, abdomen ultrasound, bloodwork, nutritionist, nurse physical,etc... I am having the lapband done with dr. Kevin Looser in Portsmouth, NH i'm really scared but have to lose 129lbs. Anyone else here at this point? can't wait till I get my surgery date. also had the phyc exam and classes. such a long time getting here.icon7.gif

Hello

I am also in NH but will more than likely have my surgery in Burlington MA. I am going to the seminar next Monday and will let you know how fast it moves along. From reading the posts, I think its different from state to state and insurance companies as to how long you have to wait.

Kerry

Hello, at the end of my journey I would have lost 120 lbs. I lost 30 lbs post op. I've been banded since June and have lost just over 30 lbs. I'm considered a slow loser at 1 lb per week. Best of luck to you.

I didnt have to do half the stuff you did! Wow you are reallly earning yours...but im where you are at, awaiting my surgery date. I can barely stand it!!!!

Hello everyone this is my first time on this site, I have my appt with the dr. on Jan.9th, have lost the preop weight and had all the tests, upper gi, abdomen ultrasound, bloodwork, nutritionist, nurse physical,etc... I am having the lapband done with dr. Kevin Looser in Portsmouth, NH i'm really scared but have to lose 129lbs. Anyone else here at this point? can't wait till I get my surgery date. also had the phyc exam and classes. such a long time getting here.icon7.gif

Welcome bandonme...I know about waiting. After 18 months, I am excited to say that I will be banded on June the 4th. I have 119 pounds to lose, actually 115 now as I have lost 4 pounds the last month without even trying, go figure...(maybe all the stress and or excitement!) Good luck with your journey.

Peace Out!

T~:hippie:

Hello Everyone,

I have my EKG, Phsycholgical eval, blood work, and chest x-ray all tomorrow. I am trying to get my insurance approval in a hurry, and frankily I am pretty dissapointed after reading many of the quotes about insurance approval issues. Makes me want to go self-pay. It seems so absurd to pay over $500.00 a month in health insurance premiums to have to go through so much for an approval.

My Dr. is Dr. Benavidez... I don't even get to meet him until all these tests are done...seems sort of strange to also pick a doctor for your surgery that you don't even know if you can get yet... Although I hear he is the leading Dr. in the DFW area...and of course they have their processes to go through...

Has anyone been successful lately in getting their insurance to approve the surgery?

Thanks and blessings

kmefaith