Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Eileen---if you have DD at a birthday party---and today is your Anniversary.....you'd have to be nuts to be here with us!!!

ENJOY!!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! ((((hugs to you both))))

Kat

:happybday: :happybday: :happybday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEANIE! :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: Did you go out yesterday to Celebrate? Hope your day was tons of fun!!

Sherry, hope you're feeling better today! In addition to helping Patty with her insurance issues Sherry also sent me a huge box of her size 22 work clothes to help me get started with my new job. What a sweetheart!! :angel:

Eilene, Happy Anniversary!! What are you and DH doing to celebrate? I'm trying to plan a weekend for my 10th anniversary in June. We were going to stay at the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island, but the rooms are $800 per night. Yes - you read that correctly!! I want a hot cabana boy following me around with palm leaves and peeling grapes for that much dough. Enjoy your night with DH!! :D

Darcy, you are kicking booty with the exercise! That band concert sounds like torture, lol. Hope your ears have recovered. :D

Kat, I hope you and DH are feeling better after a good night's sleep. Congrats on the snoring! I'm not exactly sure, but I think mine went away when I got down to about 240 lbs. It's so nice not waking myself up in the middle of the night with my sawing.

Cindy, did you get that closet conquered? I had lots of grand plans for closet cleaning before I go back to work, but suddenly I'm down to 2 days left and I don't care anymore, lol. I did get the linen closet done, but what really needs doin' is my refrigerator. *shudder*

Mary, hope you get that sinus infection cleared up! Feel better soon - (((HUGS)))

Hi Mandy, I see you're on here too! How is the recovery going? I hope you're doing well. (((HUGS)))

Dianne, are you still down south with your inlaws? I've been keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Betty, mmmmmm pot roast - my all time favorite meal. I make mine in the crock pot with cream of mushroom Soup and Mrs. Grass onion soup mix. Best gravy ever, but I don't make it often because it's hard to control myself. :)

I'm sorry - I know I haven't caught everybody. It doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you! Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Two days of freedom left... :omg:

I'm trying to plan a weekend for my 10th anniversary in June. We were going to stay at the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island, but the rooms are $800 per night.

My mom and dad just got back from there in the fall. They spent 4 nights in a place just off the island and did several on island activites. My mom said it was great, I will get the name of the place they stayed if you want it. It was much cheaper than $800 a night. ~Mandy

Hi Mandy, thanks - that would be great! I think we want to stay on the island this time but I'm open to suggestions. I've found a bunch of places that are MUCH cheaper than the Grand Hotel - we just need to sit down together and settle on a place. Another factor that nixed the Grand Hotel - guests are required to dress in suits and formal gowns after 6pm. I think that would be fun for one night, but not three. Besides, all my ball gowns are in storage. :)

My mom unpacked her cruise wear for the dinners. They did Breakfast and a dinner at the Grand, said both were great. They also did some shopping and took a tour. I will talk to her tonight and get some details. ~Mandy

Anne... I have always wanted to go there! I love the movie Somewhere in Time and have wanted to go since I first saw that. 800 buckaroos... nevah gonna happen for this small town girl! Oh...and I packed away my ball gown as well... *sigh*.

Well... did the treadmill for over and hour today with 3.50 miles... I popped the circuit breaker on the darn thing for the first time and nearly went a$$ over tea kettle when it shut off without notice! I also went to the humane society and walked and worked with the pups for an hour and a half but didn't have pedometer on so will just chalk that up to good health. :) I figured that was my last chance to go there in weather that is above zero.

TOM is here... so I am petrified to weigh on Monday... I will see how bloated I feel... may put it off for a couple of days as no loss would nearly break my little ole heart!

Daughter survived her first skiing trip but didn't like it very much...guess she thought she would swish down the mountain like a pro the first time out...lol. Anyhoo... she's going to finish out the last three trips... my money is talking and it's saying... "You begged momma to go and you are going baby". :D

Okay... gotsta get... my little social butterfly is going to a frineds house and needs a ride.

TTFN

Teens and the mall. My son is off at the mall with his friends.....16 and man I'm still not used to this stuff. Can ya tell he's my only one? lol. Hubby says I gotta let go but, you know....it's just not that easy. Not feeling well....worrying about the kid....doesn't make for a good combo lol. I know I know I have to let him grow up but, I don't like it :) Thank goodness he's a good boy..ummm young man. Any of you go through this stuff yet? I know alot of you have youngins just wasn't sure who had older kiddos to worry about.

I am going through it with my niece. She lives with us as much as her parents will let her. She had graduated from High School (she's 17 and an early grad) she has decided to join the Navy. I am worried sick about it, but that's what she wants. I am proud of her for wanting to protect our nation and freedom but am scared for her safety. Gotta run, she is back from running to the store for me and I need to help her with dinner. ~Mandy

Sherry... My daughter is the one and only for me as well... it has takes a lot to let go and I am sure she grows weary of my line of questioning that proceeds any outing...lol. I would never recover if anything happened to her... of this I am completely sure.

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well! Happy Anniversary Eileen!! :)

Sherry, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. My cough is still not gone, and my wheeze is still there too. It looks like back to the doctor for me on Monday. With my luck this bronchitis will turn into freakin pneunomia or something. lol. Make sure you get your rest and have John make you some chicken soup! :D

Hey, all!

Happy Birthday, Beanie! Another year more wonderful!

Happy Anniversary, Eileen! Hope you had a great evening (wink, wink)

This is the week Anne goes back to work...can't wait to hear all about it!

I was out running around all day Friday, then went up to church to start working on the painting project for the new Sunday school wing. Today, Dd had voice lessons, and I went down to a co-worker's son's college graduation party. I hate missing a day of chatting with everyone! And, I miss so much stuff!

Now, I'm just tired, and I need to back and read a page or two, so I'm going to do that, and get to bed!

More tomorrow, hope everyone had a good day!

Hugs, Cindy

Happy Anniversary Eileen.

Things are still nuts here. MIL is in rehab about 11 miles from here thank goodness. FIL is staying here and there 2 little dogs..AHHH...FIL is great and wonderful.

I am totally exhausted and have no time for me it seems like. When I am at home I am so tired that I just want to sleep. And on that note I'm going to play one stupid game of poppit on pog and gtb.

Night night

Good Morning,

dinner was wonderful last night, we went to Mt. Fuji's in Hillburn NY for dinner, EXPENSIVE!!! but really good. The cook was so funny, the view on the mountain was so pretty. I had my first Pina Colada in probably 10 years or so. I don't drink b/c as soon as it hits my stomach it burns... a problem that happens ever since I had my appendix out in 1990. Anyway, I have lots of left overs for today :) I pigged out of Cookies and cup cakes yesterday.... If I keep this up I'm gonna start gaining weight LOL

Sherry it IS hard to let go, and well.... why should you have to IMHO? 16 is young.... I have only one and I know I won't be letting go until she's married LOLOL

Cindy is sounds like you are really enjoying your time off of work. Did you get that 79 day thing straightened out?

Dianne, I'm sure things will start to calm down for you with MIL. You know when I'm under alot of stress I keep going, but once that stress lets up, I fall apart... and sleep is what I seem to do the most when that happens. hang in there !!!

Darcy......seeeeee I told you exercise will kill yah... thats why I don't do it haaaaaaaahahahahah ehehehehehehe hohohohoh snort~. About 6 months ago I decided I would take the stairs at work instead... well my first stinkin day I tripped going up...killed my knees and threw out my back ROFLMFAO!!! hurt my pride more than anything LOL exercise and me do not get along LOL. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on the dreadmill.

Anne, 800 bucks a night whooooooooooh you go girl. We usually don't do anything fancy for our anniversaries but on our 20th we're planning on a disney trip with DD. We're so adventerous huh ROFLMFO!!!

*Waving* to the rest of you chickies :scared:

Gotta get my butt up and going, gonna make meatballs and sketty for the week and clean up this mess.... I got polly pockets from one end of my living room to the other, along with piles of clean clothes to fold... CAN YOU SAY SLOB!!!!! LOL

Have a great day everyone.

:thumbs_up:

I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary dinner Eileen.

Still stuffed up here, feeling a little better but the cough is giving me one heck of a headache. Hopefully this is my usual ONE and only cold for the season but, we'll see :scared:

Trying to surf the net for a crock pot recipe for chicken something...maybe cacciatore (if I spelled that right....not easy to find when you don't ha? hahaha)

Hehehehehe Eileen... yeah... exercise is a dangerous thang to be doing... but risk taker (LMAO) that I am... I will move forward into the land of shin splints and twisted ankles. :confused: Glad you had a good anniversary dinner and the best part about having an off day with goodies is that you wake up to a brand new one that is goodie free... to start out with anyway...hehehehe.

SHerry... didn't get a chance to make your Soup recipe this weekend but hopefully during the week. Hope the germs abandon ship soon!

BAd day today food wise... TOM... need I say more. I guess I wasn't horrible... but I sure wasn't great considering tomorrow is my weigh-in. I didn't exercise today either... *sigh*. WHere the heck is the chocolate in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... have to go act witchy or something. :confused: