Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Morning All :(

Anyone that plans on keeping track of exercise miles for whichever type of exercise/walking will need to keep track of their totals during the month and then post your total for the month when we start a new monthly thread. I will post our grand total for each separate month and also our running total for the year. Sound okay????

Dianne... I am so sorry about your MIL... dementia or any type of change in brain function is so hard on family and on the person suffering from the problem. I know it comes across as the person being mean and it's hard not to take it personally... but really... if the person did not behave this way before... it is not personal... it's a brain injury. Hang in there... sending prayers and (((hugs))).

Cindy...Woo Hoo girl... that's 1.5 miles closer to wherever it is we decide we're going! :D I'm proud of you and remember... this IS NOT A CHALLENGE...lol.

Betty... Sure hope your day goes better today!

SHerry...I think if I get the exercise ball I will get the one that is weighted that doesn't roll around quite as easily to spare my back???? I don't know much about them so perhaps I'll ask them at the Y??? Actually... they have some there so maybe I'll play with on and see if I like it before buying one. Good luck with the crafts and hope your elbow doesn't start squeaking!

Mandy...WIshing you a quick and uneventful surgery and recovery!

Patty... Are you okay????

Eileen... WE MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Good Morning,

Cindy ~ glad everything worked out for you.. Yep I am afraid of doing the surg thing cause it is not a sure cure.

Kat - what is going on over in the 4 corners??

Mandy - Prayers that everthing works out good for you today.. Speedy recovery..

Annie ~ At least you will for sure both get better with meds.

Dianne ~ {{HUGS}}}

Irene ~ I am glad that they have someone to help you, but in my book I would not have hired her. Hopefully she will be an assest to you.

Darcy ~ I must have missed missy. I did not know you fell ~ I am so sorry. I hope that you are ok.

Sherry ~ you must have a HUGE office to hear an echo.

Jules ~ how are you all doing?

I know I missed some of you ~ sorry my short term memory is not good at all.

Well not much to report on my end. Cristians appt went well. I was so happy he is finally on the graph. His Wt is at 3% and his HT is at 5% - his over all physical went great. I am very happy where he is at.. Thank God for all the exceptional people - Physical / Speech Therapist that worked with him since he was 6 months. I cannot be more grateful.

We are going to have a very relaxing weekend - yes more snow and broke.

I will just do the norm and clean house and watch movies.

well better get my work done. You all take care

Hey Guys,

I've been keeping a low profile and have been fighting depression while working and parenting. I am still just putting one foot in front of the other. I ask no more from myself.

I have talked on the phone to Sherry twice and she is such a lovely gal. Together we have discovered what my insurance plan is called, what my deductibles are and as of yesterday she thought she found an "in network" surgical center. I called my company yesterday and they told me that my center and doctor are "out of network" and the chick on the phone was as (&%$&^%*^*) but I didn't cry.....mostly just numb. My doctors office has already faxed a letter to UHC and I don't know what the outcome will be.

Thank you for your prayers, my struggle to get a lapband aren't over.

Bless your heart, Patty. Hang in there. One foot in front of the other is good. Sometimes that is enough to get you through until the next day.

Hi all I'm home from surgery. The proceedure went smoothly and I am feeling pretty good. I woke up quickly and am not groggy or anything. I am home, sitting with my foot propped up. I will check in later. ~Mandy

Patty, I am sure you will find a way to make it happen. You seem determined to have this and i am sure that you will. (((hugs)))~Mandy

Wow Mandy, I am glad you are home and doing well. That is wonderful to hear!!!!! Take care of yourself.

My niece and hubby are both here to take care of me. I will be on and off all day. I just took some loritab, I am getting hungry. DH is going to pick up some lunch for me and then I will probably take a nap. ~Mandy

Great news Mandy ~ I am glad everything went well and you are resting..

Patty ~ {HUGS} Hang in there:girl_hug: :(

still working and just counting down the hours till I can go home and veg out. Not to mention sleep in ~ I always say that and then I am up at the crack of dawn.

Wow! I just popped on here to check in, never expecting that you would beat me on here, Mandy! I'm very, very, glad to hear that all went smoothly, that you have lunch coming, that you have your meds, and you are able to post! All GREAT news! Now, you go rest, missy!

Patty, that's it. One foot in front of the other, take care of business. We are all grateful to Sherry for helping out.

Mary, glad you have good news on Cristian's dr. appt...I know how much we worry about our kids...so relax a little this weekend. Maybe you guys can cut out those hearts for my Christmas, er, Valentine's tree??? Just kiddin'!

Darcy, thanks for the encouragement, and I'll turn in my miles (of all kinds) at the end of the month. I bet we'll travel far in '07!

I know I've missed some personals...I'll catch up with them later...

Hugs to all!

Cindy

Hey Cickalitas!

I'm being lazy tonight... no Y! My knees hurt...so...I'm giving them a break. I think maybe the jogging attempts are not wise at my current weight. I will get on my home treadmill tomorrow and take a long stroll. :)

Mandy... Glad you made it through surgery so well!

Patty... I'm really just so worried about your girl. I wish I could do something! Isn't Sherry a great gal!?!?!? I'm so glad she is helping you out!

Mary... SO glad things are going well with Cristian and hope you guys are able to have a warm and relaxing weekend!

(((Hugs)))

Hi everyone, Patty and Mandy I'm praying for you guys and of couse the rest of you!!

MIL we thought was going to be released today but she has blood clots in her lungs. So she will be staying in the hospital for a while.

BIL flew in last night he had seen her at Christmas in Florida and he can't believe the change. SIL flies in tomorrow morning I know she will be a mess when she sees her.

Tonight we took the night off and just stayed home and relaxed. It was much a much needed night.

Thanks for your thoughts prayers and hugs...Hugs to you all.

di

Dianne, will the other kids be any help at all? I hope so. Maybe you guys can get some relief and a daily break, you need it. (((hugs)))

Mary, my DH mailed that package to you on thursday, so you should get it monday.

I'm just resting, I had a weight watcher meal for dinner, it was really good, grilled chicken and veggies in a lemon sauce. I am going to try several of them over the next few days, they were on sale at my local grocery store and I bought 4 or 5 different kinds. I'll post on how they are. I see the doctor again next week, I think on thursday. He called to check on me today, I think that was really nice that HE called not the nurse. I guess it's the little things that still make some doctors great. ~Mandy

Patty - You say you called your company so I'm assuming you mean the employer you get your insurance through. If so please PM and let me know. Did you call UHC yet? I'm telling ya girl you have insurance and if WLS isn't specifically waived then we'll find something. Going to take more work is all. Let me know where you are with this so I can continue to help.

So frustrating these insurance companies!

MOrning all...

Mandy ... hope you are feeling as well this morning as you were yesterday!

Dianne... Oh dear... you and your family will be in my prayers.... hope you got some rest last night. (((hugs)))

SHerry... I am so glad you are helping Patty... I sure wouldn't have a clue where to start when is comes to dealing with insurance companies!

Patty...(((hugs)))

Well... I've decided to make Saturdays my day for distance walking. We took yesterday off from the Y and then I went down in the ole basement this morning and did 3.25 miles my treadmill. It's hard to get distance in without running at the YMCA as you are limited to a half and hour on each machine and it has been really busy there and no treadmills are usually available after we finish with our first round. Anyhoo... I was definitely pushing it to get that far this morning.

Off to go make a little Breakfast cause this girl is HUNGRY!