Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Darcy, I am up for the distance challenge. I don't have my treadmill at the moment, but I will keep track of my bike miles. My treadmill is at my dad's house. My stepmother had open heart surgery in November and is supposedly walking on it to build her stamina back up. I think she walks on it about 2 minutes a day. She is supposed to walk on it more like 30 but not all at one time. I hope they get tired of it in the living room and bring it back. But until then, the bike miles will have to do.

BTW, my bike butt is all better now. lol But I am still only riding for 30 minutes. I can't seem to push myself any farther. I am not really complaining though, the weight just keeps falling off. It is the weirdest thing.lol

Woo Hoo Jules on the weight falling off!!!! Bike miles are fine... to me this is just something that I hoped would get us all thinking about exercise and working as a team. :)

Betty... There is a lot of 2007 left... hopefully you'll be able to get back to some walking one day soo and then you can throw a few miles into the collective pot. :D Until then howzabout you throw 1.5 miles in for every half an hour that you do floor exercises??? Sound okay?

Sherry... You are dangerously close to onederland...are you there yet???? If not... just think... a nice walk might getcha there. :)

Have a good day everyone. (((hugs)))

Good Morning Gals

It has already been a busy morning ~ nothing like having to start the car when the temp is below 0. BRRRR

I took the kids to the sitter this am and the dang thing smelled like it was burning something in the motor.. I just pray it last till I can afford to get something else. I am not betting on getting much if anything from income tax since I claimed all year. The ex called this am to say he could not pick up the kids to take them to the sitter cause he wrecked his car. He is fine but again no vehicle and he has no money. Oh well that is the life he chose.

Other than that just contemplating how I can get some exercise in ~ I am feeeling guilty.. Did you all hear about the gentlemen who rode his stationary bike for more than 80 hours??? Ok Jules what do you think???

Mandy ~ 2 1/2 more days.. I hope you are doing well.

Cindy ~ how did the meeting go??

Eileeen - I hope that storm passes you by.. Snow is not as bad as all that Ice that has blanketed the Northeast.. Stay Safe and warm..

Betty ~ Anything you make sounds delcioius

Ohhh dangerously close to the point where the self sabotage thing has happened I think. I just refuse to add 2 pounds to it hahaha. I'll join in there with ya Darcy...you got me. I have my dreadcycle I can use but, if we all can put in 1.5 miles for 30 min of floor exercise that would be great so I can mix match what I do. I do need to move my arssss so I can get to Onederland so I'm in!!! Thanks for this Darcy...Great Idea!

Nabbed me another unsuspecting Jersey girl. :)

Did you all hear about the gentlemen who rode his stationary bike for more than 80 hours??? Ok Jules what do you think???

Mary, I think that guy must be on something. All at one time???? I might could do that in a month. He is crazy. lol

I know it helps me lose this weight, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Well Darcy, I got 2 miles in yesterday---and I also made Curves---sure wish something I am doing would move the scale. Unfortunatley I think it is---I think it is called eating, and it is moving it UP!!! No, actually I am plateaued, and just sitting here---I have tried upping the calories, dumping the calories, increasing the exercise---nothing, my body says 208 is IT for now....dammit! I only have a few pounds 3-4 I think til I am no longer obese, I will drop into the overweight BMI category. At least according to my Dr. the BMI on the ticker is not exactly the same as his---but either way it is close...and Onederland not far behind that---but there seems to be a wall between me and those goals!

I have a killer headache this morning, I think it is the barometric pressure, it feels like pressure in my head, but not really sinus pain, my left ear has been aching off and on----I am thinking positive, that the Tylenol I just took will help it.

My laundry did not get done yesterday, so that's what's going on today, and getting some records ready for taxes....yyeeewww.

I used to have a stationary bike, but gave it away, back when yet another diet/exercise program failed---and I felt like the ultimate failure---it felt like it was mocking me--now I wish I had it back. Will hit curves again this afternoon, if Great Grandma can keep the girlie.

Mary my inlaws gave DH one of those remote control car starters. He opened it, looked at the video for installation, and just kinda shook his head, and boxed it back up, and it joined the pile of 90% of the other gifts they have ever given us!!!! It was a nice thought, but his Explorer he drives, is loaded, so the wiring had to be spliced in, in no less than 15 different areas---some under the dash--many functions have 2-3 wires to them, like the ignition, has the accessories, on and off...and then it also had to be wired into the door for the auto locks, and they have 6 different functions, so they all had to be re-routed. And ours has an automatic rear gate opener--that had to be re-routed, because it couldn't wire in. And just for our own info we called the 800# about getting an extra key fob, just in case---and they run anywhere from $70.00 to almost $300.00!!!! Now DH is a master mechanic, that is not an issue, but like he said, it is no less than 15 areas to short out, or malfunction---then you have to troubleshoot them all. He opted against installing it, but he said there are other ones out there, not so bad. And my Intrepid is as bad if not worse than his, because I have so many steering wheel controls. So meanwhile, he goes out and starts it, and grabs my newspaper, and lets it warm up. He starts it with a spare key, and locks it, we have had several cars stolen in town lately, when they were left running! So he feels your pain, of the cold car---I tell him to put HIS car in the garage, he leaves early daily, I don't...but he won't.

Wooohoooo---we have finally made it into the double digits outside!

A tropical heat wave!!

OK---I am off to fold some laundry. Kinsey fell asleep watching Sesame Street, so I may be back!

Kat

Kat, I am right there with you on the BMI. Another pound or so and I won't be obese. Just overweight. What a goal, huh?! I want to be overweight. lol

Just and FYI for folks in case you haven't tried them....Tylenol Go Tabs....MY Goodness they work great. The liquid Tylenol did nothing for me but, these have helped with headaches alot. Just read that Kat had one so thought I'd throw in my two cents lol. Hmmm kinda liking having my own office cause I can peek in more and actually type something without someone over my shoulder. hee hee

I am jeaolus of you Sherry - I have to minimize my screen so know one can tell where I am at..

Jules ~ I actually thought, dang why in the world would anyone stay on for so long? Even the best padded seat is gonna hurt sometime.

I am even afraid to venture outside for lunch ~ Brrr ~ your Brave Kat.

Well guess who did not have full coverage?? Now he is out of a vehicle.. I really feel bad for him but you know he brought it all on himself.

Anyway sitting here eating half cooked popcorn for lunch and then I will do my protien drink in about an hour. yummy ~ NOT

Kat ~ that is way to much contraptions to have in one vehicle. OMG

My little boy says that "Little Red" is not going to last much longer. I tell you too I have built up muscle trying to turn with no power steering. OH yeah new noise in the motor too - sounds like a belt.

Hi everyone! Wow, you slack off for a few days and there's so much to catch up on.

School was called off today from all of the ice, so the kids and I are hunkering down here for the day. Good thing, since I woke up with DD's chest cold. :sick Fortunately, I don't start work until January 29th. That's my biggest concern... I don't earn any time off until I've been there 90 days so it will be a problem if DH is out of town and one of the kids gets sick. Trying not to borrow trouble though - it'll all work out. They have kept me busy getting my work physicial and filling out paperwork.

Darcy, first of all I have to say how awesome it is to see you feeling so positive and motivated!! I guess exercise really is the best medicine. That's what I've heard anyways... I wouldn 't know first hand. :) Once I get over this chest cold I'm on board too! I do the elliptical, so I don't know if you'll want my total miles, but I'm going to set a challenge for myself and get to it. Still laughing about the poopcicles... :D

Patty, I'm so sorry to hear that you've reached another obstacle. The good news is that United Healthcare seems to be by far the best insurance plan for approving bands. I have them myself and approval was a breeze, and I've seen many people on this board say the same thing. Hopefully you'll be able to find an in-network doc. (((HUGS)))

Kat, your DH is so sweet getting up to start your car for you. We just moved our pop-up camper up to my sister's place so that we could have two cars in the garage. I'm going to be driving our 10 year old Explorer to work for as long as it lasts. It's no longer pretty, but it's paid for! Hope that tylenol kicked your headache in the butt.

Mary, I hope your car hangs in there! Your ex sounds like a piece of work. Didn't he just total another car not too long ago or am I thinking of someone else?

Jules, keep up the good work on the bike! I used to ride a stationary in college. I have plenty of padding in the booty department but I'm afraid it would hurt my lower back. I like the recumbent bikes at the gym.

Betty & Irene, great job on the exercise! I'm so proud of everybody. :)

Mandy, I'll be thinking of you during your foot op. Will they be working on both feet on the same day? How long is the recovery? Thanks for sharing the pics - I love your disney jeans!

Cindy, did you ever get the tree down? :)

Sherry, your office sounds heavenly. I'm going to have to get some pictures for my new job - there's nothing on the walls at all. It definitely needs some cozying up. DH and I share a pretty sarcastic sense of humor... I bought him a big poster for his home office. It's a take off on the inspirational type. It says "Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." :biggrin1:

Crispy, whatcha up to?

Pat, we miss you!!

Eilene, why must that stupid boss keep you away? WHY?!

Okay, I have to schlep my way upstairs and find something for dinner. Does a mother ever truly get a sick day? I think not... ((((HUGS)))) everyone.

Hi Dianne! I KNEW I missed someone. Are you still with the in-laws? Have you been able to get your MIL's medication straightened out? (((HUGS)))

Hey I can't talk long please say a prayer for my FIL he is so depressed about my MIL She isn't doing well we are now looking for full care rehap. I'll be back when I can it is so darn sad...

Dianne I am so sorry - Is it not just the medication? My prayers are with you all.. That is just so sad.. I was hoping she was doing better...

Hi Annie ~ day off ~ I wish. Get better.. I am feeling alot better since the meds actually worked.

I would say that I would ride some kind of bike but I am having major issues with my hiney right. My chair booty is giving grief. For those that don't know. Ever since Cristian was born I started to get hemmroids. Lovely I know..

Anyway they cause me grief from time to time and they just don't go away. I ususally have to go in and stick my rear in the air so that they can numb and then drain.. I know TMI..

Well better go -- time to go home.. See ya all take care...