Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Mandy, sorry to hear about the delay. At least it is just about a week. Hang in there. It will be here and over before you know it. I wish you the best.

Sorry, Mandy. As usual, there is a reason for these delays, so it'll be for the best somehow. (((HUGS)))

Beanie...I bet you had fun working out to some good music! Good for you!

Darcy, I'm still parking in the driveway, too...the garage is still a bit full with "leftover" furniture and stuff from the flooring adventure! LOL! I guess I better get to work on that...and the Christmas tree...right after tomorrow's field trip...

Jules, when's the new gig? Did you get to move to the closer place?

Cass, have you recovered from your moving weekend and how's the new place?

Eileen...it's almost Friday! You're almost there!

Well, part of the wireless network is working okay, but it's not really right yet, and I'll be busy tomorrow, so maybe Sat. I'll get some more work done on it.

The basketball game was okay; we lost, but not by much. It was a tough game...lots of heart.

Kat, good luck with the weather...they were even talking about a little freezing stuff down here for Sunday...we'll see.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Cindy

Cindy, I don't think I will get to work from the closer location. But that is ok. My hours are flexible so I will just try and come in early to beat the bulk of traffic.

TGIF

Oh, btw, my bike butt let me ride for 35 minutes last night.

I really think it is getting better. Woohoo.

Jules... *high Fiving your rump* Well... that didn't sound good... anyhoo... kudos to your hinder for toughening up!

Cindy... Sorry about the BB game... they'll get'em next time!

Well... No Y today... My sis backed out of the teen night thingy so we are going to take a break today. When I got on the treamill again lastnight my body was like... "Hey Lady... Lets not get carried away here"...lol. Anyhoo... did 45 minutes just to show my bod who's boss. :lost1.5lbs:

I did go down in the basement and do a half an hour on our Weider weight machine this morning too.

It's supposed to snow today ... but like Irene said... once the holidays are over the thought of snow loses a lot of it's allure.

SOOOO... TGIF and what are everyone's big plans for the weekend???? I think maybe we will take a drive to the cabin just to check on things and then Em has a recital on Sunday... that's about it for us.

(((hugs)))

Dear Friends of Mine,

Here is what happened as things went from bad to WORSE.

Yesterday I called Siemens where my Cobra is being handled and the corporation decided not to carry PacifiCare and gave me United Healthcare as an exchange. I did not have any say in the matter. I then called UHC for my new membership number. At that point I just fell to pieces, called my MOM and poured out my heart. Has everything been a waste? Those three dietician appts that I paid cash for? The $800 for an attorney who got an appeal from Pacificare and now it does not matter? Will United Healthcare even do a lapband? By late yesterday I had my answer: United Healthcare is a PPO and they would honor all those appts. Since my surgeon is out-of-network I will have to pay $3,000 for surgery. Did I want to proceed? I reluctantly said yes and I was promised that another letter of medical neccessity would be faxed out today. The process for THIS approval will take 30 days. I haven't even told my Mom yet and I don't have cash for this surgery. I only work 3 hrs a day which means I need to get yet another loan to pay for a surgery that should have been completely covered by insurance.

Rene: thank you for your PM. I am ever SO greatful to people that care. These last 2 days I have felt very alone in my struggles. I am much better today but only because I gave in when a cinnamon roll & coffee called out to me.

The children have been warm and loving and I haven't been grouchy this morning as we headed out to school this FROZEN Friday. I can not make my surgery happen without an approval or a surgeon so I will wait for 30 days and invest myself in other areas of my life. This weekend is child-free so I will baby myself with a possible pedicure and visit a couple of thrift stores. I have my movies to watch and I will nosh on anything that suits my fancy. I do believe that God has a plan for my life.... I just don't "get it" sometimes. I ask why and God answers with "why not".

Gotta get to work..... bye.

Patty... I am so sorry... I just feel like crying for you and with you but I still have to admire how well you do handle these trials. Sometimes it's hard to see what God's plan is and sometimes I think the answers are clear but it's just not what we want the answers to be. I wish we all lived closer so that we could come by and give you a big hug and lend you a real live ear and shoulder. Cyber hugs...shoulders and ears may have to do. ((((hugs))))

Patty,

What about trying to find a doc that is "in" network? Maybe there is a really good one that you could use. Just a thought.

I wish you the best.

TGIF!!!

Now, this is much more like it. I am sitting here eating beef brisket from Dickey's for lunch, contemplating a mere 5 hours more before I can go home for the 3 day weekend. If I didn't already Admire the great Mr. King, the three day would surely push me over the top.

One thing I can say for my company is that occassionally, they put out a nice spread for lunch. Mmmmm Bar-B-Que.....

Jules - Bummer you can't switch locations! But, hey, I guess you will be able to afford the gas to get there, now. :] Great Job on the 35 minutes. The last couple of days I have dropped down to 20 minutes on the elliptical. My body is freaking out a little, I think. It's almost like it is saying "WHAT?!? You're going to do this crap Every Day?!?" I am just going to keep on keeping on. 20 minutes of elliptical with 15 minutes of bike for cool down. See Irene putting on big-teeth false smile: Exercise is FUN!!!

Mandy - sorry about the surgery thing. I hope your stress eating doesn't get too carried away while you wait. Hugs!!

Cindy - sorry your girls lost. Bummer! Thanks for making me feel better about still having my Tree up. :] I gues I will have to put on my Domestic Goddess hat for the three day weekend and get the rest of Christmas put away.

Darcy - my co-workers are looking at me funny... I guess it has something to do with falling out of my chair laughing! High-five.... hahahahaaha. DH and I are taking a break tonight, also - but we have vowed to go at least one day of the weekend for a long stay at the gym. Time to get back to the ab machine... otherwise I will throw my back out.

Patty - Oh Honey... I am sorry about that... MY surgeon is pretty cool about eating the part that insurance won't cover... maybe yours will be, too. I think they all know that they get paid TWICE as much when they bill insurance... I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If not, Maybe he will set you up on a payment plan?? The other option is that you COULD always look for another surgeon. I am sure all your dietician and psych stuff can be transferred. I am thinking good thoughts for money to fall from the sky for you. Hugs!!

Well - Another glorious day.... and all that. The sky is gray again - and we might get an ice storm. Otherwise, there is nothing going on. I guess a total lack of drama can be boring - but it's a good kind of boring.

Hugs and Love to All.

Patty-Sorry to hear about your troubles I know that somehow it will all work out for you sooner than later.

We are in Columbia SC at the inlaws MIL is a mess she can't do a thing for her self the house is a desaster and the place is scaring them that they can't stay if the dogs continue to make such a mess....Dogs are old along with Inlaws...Garry and I came down yesterday when my FIL said please come. So you can imagine the helplessness he feels. I don't know how he has been caring for her by himself for the past 2 weeks she can't even stand up by her self and she is like dead weight. I wish we had been here sooner but they told us not to come last week cause they weren't feeling well. So now we are staying here though Tuesday and getting this mess in order and taking her to the Dr to try to get her drugs and health under control. We all feel that she is just over medicated and thats why she's so bad.

So thats where I'm at. I only saw Patty's post about the insurance no time to catch up right now hope all is well.

Wow Dianne... I guess it's a good thing you guys are there to help! Hopefully you can get things all straightened out and your MIL feeling better soon! Man... there just isn't anything graceful about getting old. It's too bad they don't live closer to you.

Irene... hehehehe... I came out butt first... I guess that was my first high five to the world. Seriously... I really did... bless my poor Momma.

Tick Tock... Watching the Clock

Dianne - overmedication is a bad thing. Sorry you are having such turmoil - but I know you will get everything under control and back on track! Hugs.

Darcy - :]

Patty....I'm sorry about what you're going through. Think positive my friend....you wanted the surgery and you'll get the surgery. Friends of mine had to pay that large amount as well and the doc allowed them to just pay a little each month. Better that then him not getting anything at all! Ask your doc if he/she would be ok with you being on a budget or payment plan. I know where I work...as long as the patient is paying, we don't say a word. Good luck hon! I'm thinkin of ya.

Well...finally my computer was moved to my new office. Furniture is in, electric set, cables set, now computer. So Tuesday when I go in I have to set it all up. I already have a picture picked out to hang on my wall it says "CHARACTER" "Be true to your work, your word, and your friends" Yeap...I rike dat, I rike it arot! It's got that crackle look to it.

Tomorrow I'm going with Chrispy to meet 10 other Massachusetts Bandsters. Should be alot of fun. We're both looking forward to it. Has anyone else here gone to one of your local get togethers with bandsters from LBT?

Well...my tummy is a bit off today. Ate my lunch a tad too quickly and lets just say it left me just as quick. DUMMY, I know better but, sometimes if I'm working while I'm eating it happens. Today it did. Feel fine once it's gone but, I know it's not good to do that. Played it safe with dinner. We ordered pizza from Papa John's but...I really don't enjoy it anymore so I get the chicken tenders. I ate 3 with the honey mustard sauce and put the rest away. .....Last visit with my doc he said if I keep having acid reflux I'll have to have some fill taken out...I'm not to that point yet but, I'm keeping track of how often I have it. So far it's about once or twice a week and two tums gets rid of it. Is that bad? I'm able to eat and drink ok...well at least I think so other than today or during TOM. TOM really makes things a mess. Anywho...enough about that lol

Other than the plans Saturday, I've got a free schedule the rest of the weekend...so Bean....do you think I should take my Christmas tree down? heh heh

Oh yea...the underwear dilemma...still can't figure out the number size thing so XL in the tummy squeezin kind works for me hahaha

What a busy Friday!

Patty, I'm sorry, sorry about all the developments. (((Hugs))) I wish it could be in person. You'll figure something out, or a way will open itself to you. Use your weekend for some reflection, and see if something comes to you. I will continue to pray for your path.

Darcy, you show that bod who is the boss, girl! That is so funny! My bod knows who is boss; the boss is lazy, too, I'll tell you that.

Sherry, glad your office is getting all put together. I like your picture with the quote. Very nice. I never get acid reflux, so my first reaction is that any is too much. Probably not what you want to hear. Sorry about that, but I don't want you to have bigger problems down the road. I really don't want that.

Beanie...I'm going to make the tree disappearance one of my goals for the weekend, too...looks like we're gonna be a little stuck with bad weather anyway, huh?

Hi, Dianne...I'm glad you are there for your inlaws...and sorry about the bad situation. Good luck with all of it. Let us know how things are going. Take all her meds to the pharmacy and see if they are interacting. Are they all from the same pharmacy?

Jules, bummer you can't get the closer place, but with all that extra dough and a flexible schedule, you'll be okay, right! You are doing great with the exercise...and you're gonna make me feel guilty as heck. Stop that. LOL!

The field trip went very well, and the plasticated cadavers (BodyWorlds) were really fascinating. The kids were great, no snickering, and they behaved themselves beautifully. All in all, a successful first field trip experience for me, I'd say.

Check your national weather...us little Texas gals are gonna get some freezing rain/ice storm stuff this weekend...how about that? What kind of weather are the rest of you having?

Hugs all around,

Cindy