Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Kat,

Don't wait too long to get the sensor fixed. My niece had the same problem and couldn't get her car inspected until the sensor was replaced and the light went off.

Good morning!

This is my FIRST morning of not going to work...wish it was just a little better, but unfortunately, I have come down with some kind of tummy virus. It started yesterday, and I was running a 101 fever. This morning, the fever is down to 99, so I feel better, but still a little tired. What a bummer. I am taking good care of myself, never fear.

I've got to go check those pictures out on the picture thread!

Everyone has done such a good job of trashing their Cookies and candy! Way to go! I would keep the Godiva too...isn't it against the law to throw that stuff away????

Well guys, I'm going back to bed, but wanted to poke my head in, since I didn't at all yesterday.

Hugs, Cindy

Hello Everyone! I found you guys this time! Mandy---what an adorable dog! When I saw him, the name peewee came to mind for some reason!!

Mandy,

I like Baxter for the dog's name. I think Beanie came up with it. I am not sure. I love that you took in a rescued dog. My youngest dog is a rescue as well. We got him from the Chihuahua Rescue people. He was a puppy mill reject. He got the mange and they didn't want to deal with him. It is treated with meds, but I guess they didn't care. We picked him up from his foster home and have loved him ever since. We currently have two Chi's. I will take pics and post them. They are spoiled rotten!! But I don't think you should have pets if you aren't going to spoil them. :-)

Hey All...

Kat... hope everything finally went down okay and *high five* for getting on the treadmill!

Jules... My Hubby would definitely enjoy a visit from you ...especially if it were to be work related. :) Honestly... I just have to admire you and anyone else that that has the ability to take education that far... wowza.

Cindy... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry you are sick on your first official day of retirement! Still... it must have been nice not have to call in though! Hope you feel better soon.

Sherry... Bummer about the hip issue... Hope your visit to the snap cracle pop doc helps. Your posts always come across with a happy feel to them...even when I know you must be sitting there thinking... DANG... my hip hurts!

Kat... Car issues just suck...lol. Mine still isn't fixed and I doubt it ever will unless there is a complete failure of the transmission at some point. We had a sensor light for the ABS system that came on on our dodge... there was nothing wrong as per the dealer... and we got to were we didn't even notice it anymore. You hubby is right though...trading it in will get rid of that light...lol.

Mary... So sorry you are sick... hope you feel better soon and I know that life will start throwing good stuff your way really soon. (((hugs)))

Anne... I've always wanted one of those grills... let me know if you keep right on liking it and I may have to run out and get one!

Dianne... Cookies are a big downfall for me too... they just seem to go down sooooooooooooooo easy! Ice cream is my worst downfall... I bought skinny cow ice cream sandwiches today and hopefully I'll be able to stick to just one when I have that yen. Wow... that is a really nice co-worker you have,,, how wonderful... the personal trainer for ours is really expensive!

Still have the crud today but at least was able to get my but out and about... started on a new medication for depression today... hopefully that in combination with increased exercise will help.

Catch ya later...

Howdy, Y'All... (no Alex - some of us are just enjoying the hospitality of the Jersey forum to hang out with our pals...)

Not much going on here today. I am just sipping Water and stuff after my fill yesterday. I have really tight restriction - and I am hoping that when the swelling goes down it will be perfect.

My Dad's latest news is that the doctors are going to leave the benign tumor in his heart, cause it doesn't seem to be bothering anything. They took him off the blood thinners now that the fear of clots is passed. Otherwise - he's just old and his heart could stop at any time. That's not comforting at all - but I guess if you think about it, that has probably been true for several years now - and they are just now noticing. He's such a stubborn old goat that I figure he will outlive us all...

Jules - I am so glad we all had such fun. I only know one gal that has been banded - and that is new - so I know how you feel. It was fab the first time I got to visit with Miss Eileenie in Jersey - and it was fab to get to meet you and Cindy, too. I agree about the pets. I envy the life my cats get to lead... I wan't to lie in the sun for hours and then get up and demand food... Oh, wait - that's what I do on the weekends... :] OK - we are going to have to work together to get those pesky 20 lbs off - only I don't have 2 mos... only 1. ***EEEK***

Dianne - with a tree as pretty as yours, I would leave it up, too! :] Yes, I had my fill yesterday and I am all restricted and stuff... at least today. I am hoping that this one will be "the one".

Anne - Just be sure you don't buy too much stuff... A few things that you can mix and match will tide you over....until they get too big. Do you wear dresses and skirts? I can't do it anymore cause of the venous stasis - but I have a few leftover from a past life. Maybe I will forward them on to you... Better you than the Goodwill! :]

Sherry - you might not be joking about that BP med making you gain the pounds... I can gain 3-5 lbs in a DAY from Water retention. There is a lot of storage capacity in all those empty fat cells... I am thinking good thoughts for water shedding. :]

Mary - Geez - if it isn't one thing, it's another, huh? I hope your DexH can fix the broken car for you. Hugs and feel better.

Kat - good luck with the engine light... Mine comes on every time I turn on my air conditioning... I live with the merry glow all summer long. After taking it into the shop for that stinkin' light about 5 times, I figured out when it came on. I could have saved myself a couple thousand dollars if I had figured it out sooner. *sigh* I hope it's an easy fix for you.

Cindy - I am sure that I am only contagious on-line... so your latest ailment must have come from one of the 800 people that were crammed into the Cracker Barrell with us on Monday. Sorry you feel poorly. Hugs!!

Cass - glad to see you! How are the wedding plans going? Did your sweetheart do anything special for you this year?

Darcy - hope you feel better, soon! Good luck with the depression meds... I hear that the new "diet" drugs they are testing are just depression meds in combination with a couple of other things to offset the side effects... so maybe that really will help.

Well, I have to run. Duty calls.

Love & Hugs to all.

Jules... My Hubby would definitely enjoy a visit from you ...especially if it were to be work related. :) Honestly... I just have to admire you and anyone else that that has the ability to take education that far... wowza.

Thanks Darcy,

It isn't easy, nor is it cheap, but I am enjoying it very much. I am hoping to win the lottery.... oh wait, you have to play to win. Well, I guess that is out. Maybe the tooth fairy will leave a few grand under my pillow. Well, maybe not. I have to lose teeth to get that. Oh well, I guess I will just be in debt from the school loans. I guess it could be worse......... It could be credit card debt.

LoL Jules... My hubby buys lottery tickets when the jackpot gets REALLY big. He got the powerball number last night, I think... woo hoo... 3dollaronaires. :(

Irene... be careful... it is never usually good to be that restricted after a fill... at least not in my case... my restriction levels always got tighter as the days passed. I hope it ends up being the perfect fill for you... but sometime a smidge out can really make all the difference.

Still sickie here... was feeling better then bammo... last night... nausea... headache... sore raw throat... bummer. I guess the good part is that I don't feel like eating.

Sorry I cannot stay and Play either but wanted to share the good news..

I talked with the Assistant to the Gastro Doc. I NO longer have Barrett's Esoph ~

THANK GOD

on the other hand I do have a sinus infection and am getting ready to call and make an appt.

BBL

Wow - everybody must be busy today...

I haven't got that much exciting news, either. Just working and sleeping and stuff.

Jules - those school loans are pretty forgiving as far as paying them back. If "stuff" happens, they will cut you some slack for a month or two. I am just glad that I have all mine paid off!

Darcy - no worries about the fill. I am on fill number 6 or something like that - and it has always been the same. RESTRICTION for the first day or two... then Restriction... then restriction... It gets looser as the days pass. The only time I get an increase is when I fly, or when TOM comes... It's all good. I am just hoping that the swelling doesn't take ALL the restriction when it goes away.... Feel better soon! But don't do what I did and eat like a pig for two weeks after... My lost pounds found there way right back when I did that!

Eileenie - Love ya! Hope you can play again, soon.

Mary - HOORAY!!!!! No Barrett's! That is great news! Hope you feel better soon, too.

Well, since there isn't a darn thing new with me since yesterday - I am going to go out into the board and see what's shakin with the newbies.

Love you guys!!

My butt is killing me. I have been riding my bike for the past few days. Last night was for 30 minutes. Ugh.

Thanks for listening. :-)

Good girl, Jules! I used to have a stationary bike, and that was my only complaint: the sore butt! Way to go, though...you are doing great!

Mary, great news on NO BARRETT'S!!! Hope you are feeling better, soon, though...this stuff just hangs on and on, doesn't it?

Darcy, sorry to hear you are still battling the crud...I am better, but still have congestion/sniffles...it changes from minute to minute! At least the intestinal thing is under control and much better! I hope you are resting and getting better!

Beanie, keep us posted on the traveling Rrestriction. I hope this hits right where you aimed it!

Eileen...how is it going? I know there's not much time when you are being watched over at work, so thanks for popping in!

Today was much better...I took DD to school, then went for a Starbuck's, and back to school for one of those parent org. meetings I never got to go to before. I thought it was fun! Then a couple of errands, a listing on Ebay, some cleaning things...ah, the life! It's a whole new world!

Kat, thanks for the card! I was surprised, and grateful! You're one cool lady, that's for sure!

Hope everyone's getting better, and one thing for sure...it's closer to Friday!

Hugs, Cindy

Darcy-Hope the meds help. I am just beginning to feel better. My crying fits stopped before Christmas but I'm still not all me. Getting better everyday. Feel better.

Anne-Speaking of not being all the way back yet, YOUR SON HAS MADE ME FEEL SO GOOD!! Please give him a hug for me. Today when I was feeling down I just thought of what he said and it sure helped. Thanks so much!

Beanie-Wow sorry about all the stuff going on with your dad. How old is he? I feel like I have missed so much these past few weeks. Sorry I haven't been here for you. HUGS,

Jules-Good luck with the loans. Our kids are in college still at home for another year then they will transferee yikes that makes me nervous. How's the bike butt..lol..

Mary-Take AIRBORNE it really helps! Feel better.

Cindy-It sure sounds like your having fun! Enjoy and don't get to busy!

Well I'm going to head to curves for an hour. Then our senior core group girls are coming over for an hour then I have to clean up around here and relax.

I'm getting back to me again a little bit more everyday!

Well Dianne, the bike butt still hurts, but it is going to get on it again for more. lol

I just about talked myself out of it. I am glad I got on here to read for a couple of minutes. Now I have to ride away. Thanks!! I needed this push.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Bike Butt Jules