Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What brands/kinds of broths did you like during your first few weeks post op?

I am not post op, but I just received my Unjury Protein Shake order, and they have a 'chicken soup' that is really good with zero aftertaste.

Campbell's has the Soup at hand broths. I liked the chicken and stars. You can drink just the broth

Isnt that too much sodium?? You had no issue keeping it down, or with swelling?

I used standard chicken/beef broth in addition to my Unjury powder - no problems keeping any of it down. Immediately pre-op, you really can't take in THAT much liquid at a time. Spacing a cup of broth over an hour, especially if you're also getting your Water in, won't cause any swelling issues...at least, it never did for me!

I purchased low sodium broths. I keep tons on hand, I cook with them normally. I try to purchase things in no or low sodium.

I make my own! It makes a huge batch and its much tastier. Plus, I could use the chicken and veggies for dinner for my family!

A friend of mine made me big batches of both beef and chicken stock. I had planned to make my own, but was just running out of time before my surgery. Bless her heart, she jumped in & did it for me. There were almost 2 gallons of each kind, and I froze them in about 2 cup increments. Stock is not hard to make, it just takes some time. Most of the time needed is just for the long simmer time, so it's not actually that much effort on the cook's part. Homemade stock tends to be a bit thicker, so I usually mix a cup of stock with about a cup of Water & simmer with some whole herbs & sea salt for a few minutes. It gives me about 2 "meals" on my postop clear phase. It's really tasty, and I can control the level of salt & other flavorings. Plus, homemade is usually way higher in Protein, Vitamins, & minerals than commercially prepared broths. I can add milk to it during the full liquid phase & use it to add liquid to purees when I get to that stage. :)

A friend of mine made me big batches of both beef and chicken stock. I had planned to make my own' date=' but was just running out of time before my surgery. Bless her heart, she jumped in & did it for me. There were almost 2 gallons of each kind, and I froze them in about 2 cup increments. Stock is not hard to make, it just takes some time. Most of the time needed is just for the long simmer time, so it's not actually that much effort on the cook's part. Homemade stock tends to be a bit thicker, so I usually mix a cup of stock with about a cup of Water & simmer with some whole herbs & sea salt for a few minutes. It gives me about 2 "meals" on my postop clear phase. It's really tasty, and I can control the level of salt & other flavorings. Plus, homemade is usually way higher in Protein, Vitamins, & minerals than commercially prepared broths. I can add milk to it during the full liquid phase & use it to add liquid to purees when I get to that stage. :)[/quote']

For the very beginning you could freeze them in ice cube trays! Since we will not be eating much