Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BM question. I know... Sorry!

So I'm just 2days shy of 30days PO. I've had no BM for 2wks.... Don't feel like I'm constipated. Just don't have the feelin to go. Any suggestions? Should I be worried?

So I'm just 2days shy of 30days PO. I've had no BM for 2wks.... Don't feel like I'm constipated. Just don't have the feelin to go. Any suggestions? Should I be worried?

Even Protein shakes should produce a little waste. 28 days seems a lot, call your surgeon.

I dont know what your habits were like before the surgery, but I agree you should let someone know. If one of our kids have problems going we usually make them broccoli or broccoli rabe with some olive oil in it it works like magik. lol I guess you can make the broccoli in food processor like a mashed potato consitancy add some oil and see how it works for you , just to lube everything up and get things moving for you. I hope you find relief soon,

2 weeks is a long time to be constipated - call your surgeon or PCP for laxative or stool softener suggestions

It might be a good idea for you to take a stool softener.....You should be having a BM every 3-4 days.......

Wow thats a long time to not have BM. I am almost 5 wks post op and i havent had one for 5 days. My dr told me to take Miralax and if that doesnt work do a suppository. I feel miserable because i havent went,,, it seems super unnatural to havent got that long so you should defiantly call your dr. You might have an obstruction

I keep having Constipation off and on. I have 5 weeks post op and its frustrating. I take 300 mg of stool softners daily. I use miralax when constipated and used enemas and had no luck. I eventually just went on m own. This is probably my biggest frustration since surgery.

I'm 5 weeks out and having the same issue. After 2 days of Miralax it's all good :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I added in Fiber pills twice a day. So much better.

I added in Fiber pills twice a day. So much better.