Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only person completely addicted to this site?!?!? I check it constantly and it seems to be getting worse- the closer I am to surgery the more I'm addicted!!!!

• I lined up everything quickly for surgery, but used this site constantly for all my Q n A, support, expectations for pre-op. I thought I would be done. My stomach may now be fixed but I find I need the continued support to "do the right things" to fix my head. I will need to stay on this often for a while I see now.

I expect I'll stick around too... this is such a great place for support! I love to hear from those of you that have had your surgery. ;)

I'm addicted too! I love the support, the openness, the ideas. I love it- Its replaced my other social networks lol. :)

I like it, I especially find it helpful to recenter myself when I stray a little bit or I am struggling emotionally or physically, like for the past... three weeks? Almost a month, I have been stalled (I'm 64 pounds down, 6 months out) and being on here commiserating helps somehow. I stepped on the scale this morning and it finally moved. fantastic. I partially attribute it to being on here helping others get back to basics here and therefor reminding myself of what I need to do, and committing to better follow through.

I like it' date=' I especially find it helpful to recenter myself when I stray a little bit or I am struggling emotionally or physically, like for the past... three weeks? Almost a month, I have been stalled (I'm 64 pounds down, 6 months out) and being on here commiserating helps somehow. I stepped on the scale this morning and it finally moved. fantastic. I partially attribute it to being on here helping others get back to basics here and therefor reminding myself of what I need to do, and committing to better follow through.[/quote']

Congrats on the weight loss! It's motivating to me when I read posts like yours! I know I was crazy obsessed before I got approved, praise God I was approved and I'm trying to have patience but it's not really a virtue I own! Being on here calms me. ;)

AND the site is NO fat and LOW calorie!

This website site is addicting because we are all in the same boat. When you are in here it is not like you are trying to find a needle in a hay. We all have been there and done it. I help you to keep going hearing these positive stories. Stay with this site even after surgery and each step someone will have the answers you are looking for.

addicted to this site?!?!?

MaddieJ

LOL :lol:

you are not the only one that is addicted to this site ;)

raising my hand too ;)

"they" say something like "trading one addiction for another :lol: "

as Arts137 correctly said.........

this site is non caloric and sugar and fat free!!!! :D

asking and reading posts, getting help, information, support - nothin' ever wrong with that!!! :)

3 weeks + countdown toward surgery!!!

your date will here in no time!!!!

good luck with WLS

speedy recovery

kathy

Well I guess it's better to be addicted to this site than candy crush saga (my former addiction) or food.... my lifetime addiction!

I am getting addicted too. There is so much good information. when is your surgery? I see on your profile that insurance is paying but you had an appeal? I have a lower bmi and am hoping my insurance will pay, i'm still in the process. Had my sleep study, blood work, appointment with the surgeon. I'm so afraid I'll be denied. What was the process like for you?

I am getting addicted too. There is so much good information. when is your surgery? I see on your profile that insurance is paying but you had an appeal? I have a lower bmi and am hoping my insurance will pay' date=' i'm still in the process. Had my sleep study, blood work, appointment with the surgeon. I'm so afraid I'll be denied. What was the process like for you?[/quote']

I wish I was on my computer. ..I'm so slow on my phone so I can't answer like I want...

I had an up and down experience with insurance. I was trying to get approved when the hospital I work for decided to change insurance. I was upset and stopped trying to qualify. Then the doctors office called and suggested we try with the new insurance. I got denied but before I even got the denial letter my docs office called and did a peer-to-peer. They approved me right away! I have hypertension and SEVERE obstructive sleep apnea. My BMI is 35. I'm just waiting till my surgery on July 16th. It's been since October since I started this whole ordeal. I am so ready!

I wish I was on my computer. ..I'm so slow on my phone so I can't answer like I want...

I had an up and down experience with insurance. I was trying to get approved when the hospital I work for decided to change insurance. I was upset and stopped trying to qualify. Then the doctors office called and suggested we try with the new insurance. I got denied but before I even got the denial letter my docs office called and did a peer-to-peer. They approved me right away! I have hypertension and SEVERE obstructive sleep apnea. My BMI is 35. I'm just waiting till my surgery on July 16th. It's been since October since I started this whole ordeal. I am so ready!

Wow since October, It's only been a few weeks for me and I feel like it's taking forever. Once you make up your mind you just want to get it done! I keep hearing about peer to peer reviews. Is this when your doctor meets with other doctors or what? When I did my sleep study last week I felt like I didn't sleep a wink and kept waking up but they said they got enough data. They didn't put a cPAP on me in the middle of the night so I don't know if this means I don't have sleep apnea or what. Did they put one on you during the night? Only a couple more weeks! How exciting, Who knows we could be getting the sleeve right around the same time. I will keep you updated. Thanks for sharing!