Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Dec 15th

I had my surgery Dec 15th in Ontario by Dr. Cobourn. I have survived Christmas. Barely. I was doing great till Christmas day, tried a small portion of mashed potatoes, veggies, stuffing, turkey and gravy. Everything went down fine. No problems (i wish that there had been). I have been fighting with it ever since. I am able to start my pureed diet tomorrow. Help i hope i haven't screwed up my band?

Glad I found this site, i find that I do not have enough knowledge on the diet and mostly portion sizes? Any one out there that can help?

Thanks everyone for listening.

:welcomeB: Ahubar!!!

I'm glad you found us too!!!

Isn't Dr. Cobourn great???

You should eat your mushies slowly and carefully, until you are satisfied. But don't get discouraged, remember you havent had a fill yet. You may be able to eat more than you think you should.

Come on here anytime, ask as many questions as you like!!!

Welcome again!!

Welcome Ahubar!

I'm sure you're gonna be fine, and didn't screw anything up. Just don't do it again! :) You must have gotten a sheet from the clinic saying what kind of things to eat? And yeah, like Cloe said, eat til you're satisfied! You'll know when to stop.

Hi Ahubar! Don't worry, you are back on the straight and narrow. When all else fails, maybe you can stick to your post op diet if you use fear as a motivation...ie...tell yourself that you need to heal properly for a few weeks so that you can have a lifetime of no-hassles with your band. I am afraid of screwing up my band as well. I need this to work well for me. One day at a time...you can do this.xoxo

Glad to here from everyone. Thanks for the support. I am feeling better today. Tomorrow morning I am to meet my sister at the gym at 7:30 am. This will be a first for me. I haven't been to a gym in at least 3 or 4 years. Obviously.

I am back on track with my food. I have cooked some real food, chicken, potato, sweet potato, carrots, and my sister even brought me some baked salmon this afternoon. Anyway I have pureed everything in froze in ice cube trays so I have some variety. I am having trouble eating everything i should be eating. But have decided that I am going to have at least one Protein shake a day until i get a handle on eating all i need to.

Well better hit the hay if i plan to get up by 7:00 am to get to the gym for 7:30. I figure if I posted it here I would have to go, or else everyone would know what a slacker i am.

Well Good nite

Take care

Hello ahubar and welcome, and you are going to be fine, you seem to be back on track again, good luck with your food and excerise don't overdo it, start out slow and easy.

Maria :girl_hug:

AHubar- congratulations on your new gym routine. For the past 2 days hubby and I have been working out on all that exercise equipment we have in the basement. I did 5 minutes on the circuit the 1st time, 10 on the 2nd attempt and am about to go down again - whew! am I ever out of shape. :cry I also hate sweating! "Working out is a good thing" (my new mantra)

Ok everyone I will fess up I didn't get out of bed this morning to go to the gym. My sister phoned me on her lunch hour and I really thought i was going to get a blast. But she asked me if I had missed her, she hadn't gone either.

Ok so I think that I will just wander over there on my own. And meet with a trainer. As i haven't been doing anything for so long and my knee is a wreck i will really have to be careful what I do. Also i am wondering if they would have a nutritionist, what are the chances?????

Once again i am having trouble getting all my food in. But i did make myself eat some oatmeal (4 tbsp w/2 tbsp of milk). Now i should drink a glass of milk. And maybe make a Protein shake to take with me. Did i hear from someone that it's ok to add egg beaters to the shake to beef up the Protein?

Uncooked egg beaters? Hmmm.... interesting. I'm sure it's fine if you can stomach it!!

Don't feel too bad about the gym thing. I haven't gone in 2 weeks, and maaaaan, it's hard to get back into it after taking so long off!! I go again tomorrow though. :omg:

Good luck!

ahubar,

If you can stomach the egg beaters in the Protein drink I think it would just add to it - but I found it GROSS. Then again I can't stomach cottage cheese either.

I made it back to the pool but not the gym. The weights and machines were calling me but the pool was so much better and the hot tub was fantastic. Just take babysteps to get to the gym. You'll do great!!

Argon,

Ya know it wasn't that bad. I wrapped a towel around and this time my daughter had tied a string around the straps - no nude swimming today for me!! Mostly kids in the pools so I didn't feel quite OUT there.

AHEM.....tied a string around the straps??????????????????

*KICKS Roxanne in the butt* time to go bathing suit shopping my friend!!!! YEEEEEESH!!!!!!