Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holiday Nightmare

Am I the only one with this holiday nightmare, I have gained back 5 pounds in the past 3 weeks. :help:

There is food :hungry: everywhere here at work, at home and everywhere I go, and I seem to have no self-control. Is anyone in the same boat??? How can I get back on track, I am trying to lose to 165 by April and this way I think I will be going up before I go down. I will definitely need a fill next month because I have been eating stuff that normally I can’t eat (bread and tortillas) and I should also start going to the monthly support meeting that I use to go to until I got pregnant.

<O:p></O:p>

I need your support big time :think !!!!

Thank you,

DONT WORRIE DONT THINK YOUR THE ONLY ONE .. SO DONT BE SAD . YOU JUST LOOK AT THE PAST AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU LOST COMPARE TO HOW MUCH YOU JUST GAIN . AND START THINKING ABOUT YOU AND ONLY YOU food IS AROUND NOW BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS BUT COMING JAN EVERYONE WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY AND REMEMBER OF WHEN YOU STARTED AND WHAT YOUR GOAL IS . YOU BE OK . JUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .

CLAU:clap2:

Boy, do I feel your pain! I too have been guilty of pinching and sneaking a piece of candy here and there. The good news is post-band its just a pinch!! :) Hopefully we can all support each other through this holiday time:girl_hug: . I am slowly taking the kids stuff to work to get rid of it. My mother in law brought over a huge basket of nothing but candy:faint: ; I could have killed her:mad: . I had purposely only put a few small items in their stockings I knew were their favorates. I have only had my 2cnd fill recently, so thankfully I cannot eat too much of it. But I swear, a piece of chocolate goes down a lot easier than any type of meat right now. We need to invent a band that rejects chocolate and sugary treats :hungry: . Well, just know I'm pulling for you! Get your hand out of the cookie jar and back to work!!

Turner24

389 starting wt/377post op/384 1&2 fill

I would get rid of the junk at home. That helps. On the stuff at work, you have to use willpower. Yea, I know that sucks. But what else can you do? I miss the junk stuff, but I keep thinking, "I had rather it go on their hips than mine." I want to lose weight before our cruise in March. So I have a goal. That might help you. Come up with a goal to shoot for.

Good luck!!

Esmerelda, remember....you are the one in control. I know it's tough but we all had the band done for a specific reason. Remember those reason's you chose the band. And if you slip, don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the bandwagon...set a goal...and go for it! What you have gained will disappear and then some!

Don't be upset. That's what is soooo good about the band. It is always there ready to help you with your weightloss. Don't even dwell on it. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. Good luck, you'll be fine.

hi,

sorry to hear that you are gaining... are you moving at all? even a 15 - 20 minute walk will burn some of those calories.

you can do this!! look how far you have come! you are doing awesome!

Yes I gained a little over the holidays as well---but unlike Turner, I didn't just pinch a bite here and there--I just relaxed, and let 'er rip!!! I have good restriction, so I did not eat huge amounts of anything, but I ate what I wanted! Too much fudge, and eggnog for me!!! But it is all slowly going away...one more holiday this week, and then life resumes it's normal flow. I have loved my band...it has allowed me to enjoy the holidays, not feel deprived, not feel defeated, and I know what I gained will be lost again, and the family time together, and the cooking with my daughters, and daughters in law, as well as my Mom and MIL...the grandkids, feeding me olives off of their little fingers...it was all worth it. and I have my band to help me back on track in the coming weeks and months, to finish getting the weight off, then it will be there to help me maintain.

In my opinion, if you had good fellowship, and did not eat in extremes to hurt your band---then nothing was lost....that is one of the big advantages of the band....it will be ready to behave when we are!!!

Bring on the resolutions!!!

Kat

Everyones response made me feel so much better and about the willpower I don't seem to have any lately. I do need a fill which makes it worse because I feel like I don't have a band right know and my choices are really bad let me give you an example:

Yesterday:

Monrning chocolate chip cookie from AM PM

Break Potatoes with beef and 1 corn tortilla

lunch Groud beef enchiladas (2 corn tortillas and cheese)

Break strawberry cheesecake pound cake (only had 1/2 because I saw it had 520 calories). 1 bag hot cheetoes

dinner Steak with refried Beans with 2 corn tortillas

Isnt that bad and I know it!!! I seem to mess with my band when I know I am not restricted I see what I can eat so that's why I'm going for a fill next month I am due.

Thank you ladies your replies made me feel so much better.

Soon, it will be easier, anyway.

Already, the leftover dips and cakes and pies are disappearing...

Soon, all that fabulous holiday food will be just a memory until next November... and we won't even have to think about chocolate until Valentine's Day.

:]

Just think - you are like every other person in America... you gained a little weight over the holidays. The good news is - you will lose it again quickly once you get your fill.

Hugs!