Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved May 30 2013, can eat anything! Uh oh

Wow! I can't believe these harsh responses' date=' though I guess you mean well... I am not concerned or looking for advice, just sharing my story for anyone looking for info as I did before I had the surgery. I have tried lots of foods but junk food is not my staple, I am just curious. My surgeon told me just to do what works for me, and if something doesn't agree I will know it! Also he and I are both happy with my weight loss so far. All I wanted to put out there was my experience- I can apparently eat whatever but of course that doesn't mean that I will or should keep doing so. How can you not be curious? Anyway this is my last post, you can all keep preaching to each other if it helps.[/quote']

I'm sorry you feel that way... We are not being mean spirited.

Two things.

As for your surgeon to tell you to "do what works for you" I don't know, that sounds off to say the least. Especially so early out! what "works for us" is what got us all into this mess!

And what was that saying about curiosity and the cat??

But really we all are in the same boat and some of us are a bit further out and have experience in what the sleeve can and cannot do. It will not fix the head issues we have with food, and it gets tougher a lot tougher the further out your are. Tackling these issues needs to start right away.

How can you not be curious?

What's to be curious about? I ate a lot of bad food, I got fat. I tried everything to lose it and when I did lose weight, I ended up gaining it all back. I went through a major surgery to help myself lose weight and get to a healthy weight knowing I would have to make good choices and stick to my doctor's orders. Why would I be curious if I could eat the very food that got me here in the first place against the recommendation of my doctor?

Also, I find it odd that your doctor told you to do liquids for two weeks but also told you to "do what works for you". Very mixed messages and very confusing.

Truthfully, I think the OP posted in the first place so that some one would tell her NO - none of these posts were snarky or mean, I did not give my opinion because although I know that OP needs a mental health professional. I guess I may have been meaner than you guys

I am all about sharing experiences and even if the OP doesn't want the feedback, it's necessary to give IMO. Think of the people who are reading, learning, absorbing. They need to know that this is not only atypical but dangerous, destructive behavior.

Have to agree with Lipstick Lady. BTW, I went through Kaiser and we got a very firm full liquids for two weeks, no alcohol for at least 6 months.

Lynda

Wow I'm shocked!! What is there to be curious about? Im sure you already know what pizza, wine etc... taste like cause that's probably what got you to the operating room in the first place. I was sleeved on June 11th and I'm just now on 2oz of liquid. My Dr was very firm with me about not moving to fast or I would end up with a leak that could be fatal. That alone was enough to make me follow instructions. I don't think anyone is trying to be harsh but instead looking out for our fellow sleeve friends. The fact your Dr told you these things is a bit on the scary side IMO. I know you said you are pleased with your results but just think what they may have been if you had not tried all those calorie and fat containing things. I am 8 days post op and have lost 24 pounds already. Good luck in the future and I pray you find the strength to fight these curosities.

Lipsticklady is correct! you were not given the rules to follow NOT for them to be broken they were there because even tho you feel great and "CAN" eat all these foods' date=' that is not a good thing. You could very much be damaging your staple line. and could def be in danger of a leak! You need to get back to basics and measure measure measure and DO NOT go over 2-3 oz at a time. You paid for a tool not a miracle...

sorry if this seems harsh...but I would hate that you do damage to yourself and see the results that you were expecting.[/quote']

Totally agree. You should really reconsider your food choices.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for your honesty, but please be kind to your new tummy.