Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am newly banded-Dec 21, 2006 (Merry Christmas). I am very excited about starting the new year with a brighter outlook. I lost 9lbs. in the preop 2wk liquid diet phase:biggrin1:. I have a great support network which helps me to stay on track.

However, I had some grits yesterday and by the time I got the 4th spoon down I felt like I was stuffed up to my breast. I have this really stuffed feeling and I have tried tea, Water, gasX, u name it. It hurts when I walk, but it feels fine when I lay down. Should I be concerned?----STUFFED!

I was banded 12/13/06 and havent experienced the stuffed feeling yet. But Ihave the big band and no restriction. Maybe your band is smaller and you already have restriction. 4 bites? That is pretty good to feel full after only 4 bites. But I thought that grits were more of a pureed consistency so should go down easier. Hope someone that had a similar experience responds. Good luck.

Welcome to both new bandsters! How exciting to be at the beginning stage of your new lifestyle! Good luck to you both!!

Forgiven, bless your heart...4 bites and you are uncomfortable. I know this sounds and feels bad, but on the other hand at least you know the surgery is working! Remember you are still swollen and in a healing stage so treat yourself kindly, ok?

One of the best suggestions I could offer you is to see not how much food you can consume before reaching this "stuffed" stage, but to see how little you can consume and not be hungry. It's a learning process and what works for one will not work for another. Our body sends us signals, it is our resonsibility to interpret them and act accordingly (and even then-we'll still make some mistakes along the way on our new journey).

It sounds to me as if you may have over-fed your small stomach. And it is uncomfortable until you PB, or until which time it slowly passes into the larger stomach. Some foods compact for me, such as rice, potatoes of any kind, eggs and chicken. No matter how long I chew it! So honey, start slow and take notes on how you react to each food as it is introduced back into your diet. My doctor is very strict about no liquids with my meals. This is one of the harder obstacles I have had to overcome.

God bless you both and let Him be your guide on the new and incredible journey! Keep us posted!

Dreamer

Welcome forgivenbygod2 (love the name) Congrats on your surgery. Best advice I can give you at this stage is take it easy...dont try and push solids on yourself too quickly bring it on ever so gradually...The lapband sounds as if it is working fine...now is the time to give your body time to heal...Best wishes and keep us posted.

:bananapartyhat: becky

It's a little early IMO to be trying something like grits. You might try backing up to the liquids for a day or so.....you are still healing. And yes you will feel stuffed for several days.....but it won't last - it's just the swelling from the surgery. Don't rush the foods....take it easy and slow and let yourself get well. You've had major surgery!

Thanks everyone for your advice. I feel better today. Still not hungry but drinking my supplements and Water. Hopefully this feeling will fade soon. I go to the doctor on Tuesday and I'll let u know what the dr. says. Once again Thank You Soooooo Much.

You shouldn't be too concerned, you are still healing. You are swollen. If you are on mushies then try and stay on them. If you feel you get stuck too much taper back to liquids for a couple days. It will get a lot easier, trust me. Good luck.