Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why do i want to eat....and eat at night?

Until late afternoon I have good control over food but after 5 or so it's a struggle...with or without the sleeve. I can nibble and nibble.....and that food adds up! Gotta go back to the strict 3 meals and one snack again......why is it the evening though????

Are you bored? I notice if I'm not busy, head hunger and being bored are a bad combo.

That's prob it....more time on my hands and I am coming dinner for the rest of the house too.

That's been my problem my whole life. I can be good all day, as soon as the sun goes down I lose all resolve. If you figure it out, let me know.

It's mostly late night eating that got me here in the first place.

Same here it was my time to "comfort" myself with food....

It's hard to beat even after 7 months its still a daily battle. But I just keep fighting it and if it gets to bad and I feel I need to give in a plain Greek yogurt with a packet of sweetener and frozen blueberries helps fill the "hole"

Until late afternoon I have good control over food but after 5 or so it's a struggle...with or without the sleeve. I can nibble and nibble.....and that food adds up! Gotta go back to the strict 3 meals and one snack again......why is it the evening though????

Add a little work out to your evening :-)

It helps remind me why I don't need to gobble at night, and it keeps me busy!

One thing I do is take one crystal light packet, ice, Water and blend to a smoothie and sip on that :-) its sweet, tastes yummy, and keeps my mouth satisfied :-)

The reward for not eating at night is the scale moving for me- when I eat at night- it stays the same or goes up!

<3

Yep late night quiet, relaxing...just think of how it would be without the sleeve. It would be only NORMAL for you (me) back then to sit on the couch and veg with a bucket of popcorn or chips or Cookies whatever and that is after eating a big meal. And why? Well, probably from boredom, maybe from loneliness but probably because that is what our habits are too. I have horrible head hunger and I battle it especially at night when my husband travels and I am all alone. I know it is a process though, I have stopped having any easy to eat things around the house. If I am going to eat badly, then I will have to put forth lots of effort to start from scratch to do so, I dont have any crackers, Cookies chips etc hanging around. I also read this somewhere and it has stuck with me. It said, if you arent hungry enough to eat an apple, then you are really not hungry. So, in those times, I do try to think about that and I do a good majority of the time choose a few apple slices with a little Peanut Butter. Hope this helps but I know that you will just have to fight this battle within yourself and find what works for you.

Also I have been really diligent in logging all of my food into the My Fitness Pal Ap. I can see how each bite I takes affects me! I even write down when I cheat! Even though no one sees it but me. So if you arent logging your food, you might want to look into it. I just recently started doing it over the past few months and find that it really helps.

(You can also get on the VSG site when you feel this way and try to give your mind something else to think about)

I'm in your boat!

Pre-sleeve:

Breakfast- large cup of coffee

lunch (if any)- salad or wrap

But when I got home, all hell breaks loose. I would make chicken alfredo, steaks, mac and cheese, etc. Then, maybe a couple of hours later, I would have leftovers. This lasted maybe until 11pm. I could not stop shoveling food into my mouth. It was unattractive and borderline ridiculous.

Fast forward to April 1st - the day I got sleeved. Everything seemed to be going great for the first two months maybe. Lately, I've found myself going up to the fridge, opening it, and looking inside, thinking maybe something yummy will catch my eye so I can devour it. Not good. Last week I emptied the whole thing out. I threw away everything that could potentially trigger a food fest. All i have in there is 1% milk, cheese sticks, greek yogurt, grapes, sugar free iced tea, cold cuts, and grapes. The grapes are there as a treat since they do have a lot of natural sugar. I find that even if I do go up to the fridge and "hunt" for something eat, I dont find anything that I want.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny (or healthy) feels :D

The only thing i can suggest is to stay out of the kitchen after7:00pm bc it's totally dangerous.

What I want to know is who doesn't struggle with Snacks after dinner? It's sure not me.

One thing I have done is move back dinner time a bit so there is less time between dinner time and bedtime. And I also do as others have mentioned: Keep the crap out of the house, have some healthy snacking alternatives, find something else to do to occupy myself. Most of the time, the combination of those things works well. Also, I make sure to eat enough earlier in the day that I am not truly hungry.

I do have a snack every night after dinner ,but I try to make it a healthy one that is filling. Last night I had 1 graham cracker and 1/2 cup greek yogurt mixed with a small peach and some Splenda. Yum! ( I am at goal. I didn't start eat many graham crackers till I got to goal.)

Lynda

Lynda

What works for me (for the most part) is having something to do with my hands that requires them to be clean. Right now I am on a crocheting kick--everyone in my family will be getting something. I have also tried drawing (try Zentangle.com) and paper rafting.