Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leatha Before, during and after

Leatha. you are making awesome progress! You do look like a different person. I can't wait till you can see a difference on me.

Now that my fill is working, hopefully I too can be in the line up!

I love pictures too, it puts a face to the name, and inspires me to make the right food choices.

Leatha you look great. Keep it up.

Not to revive skeletons, but I made a discovery this past week in getting ready to meet everyone in Galveston. I thought I'd share.

To preface this photo, I'd like to say that I cried when I was able to look at this again. You see, my mom took these photos on the morning of my surgery and within minutes of my returning from recovery. I had asked her to take them for me as I had seen other bandsters photos on other forums and I had been truly inspired and encouraged by their tragic beginnings and their transformations and somewhere inside myself I longed for such a chance to change.

As it happens, my mom did take the photos for me and she had them developed and even mailed them to me, along with the negatives, so that only I would ever have them. Once I received them, I was eager to take them on a trip for work and share with my co-workers where I had been and where I hoped to be going. Somewhere between the hotel and the rental car, I lost my pictures. :) Someone, somewhere in LA probably had a few laughs at my expense. :D I thought I'd never see them again. (I had forgotten that I had the negatives.)

So, the other night, in preparing to leave for Galveston this weekend. I was going through some things in an organizer that I keep 'junk' in. Things that don't have a home, but seem to have some value, so I don't get rid of them and lo and behold, there are these negatives. I didn't know right away that's what it was, but I as I held them up to the light, I could see ME, in all my glory with my new bandster badges of courage and my drug induced smile and a 'thumbs up' for those to follow behind me, as if to say 'come on in, the Water is fine'. So, to you, my fellow bandsters and those who may be lurking and seeking that solace of a kindred spirit who has known your pain and suffering and self-disgust, I share two photos that I am both appalled and deeply saddened by, but I hope that in some way can help to tell my story and possibly encourage just one person to take back their lives and their health and the love of themselves.

On this day, I have lost 67lbs (I'm back to 183- woohoo!) and it has been a slow loss, compared to some, but to me it has not been a loss at all, but a gain. I have gained my spirit back and my health back and my desire to shout YES in the light of the silvery moon.. and THAT my friends is something to share.

Leatha, Congratulations on a job very well done!!! And I'm here to tell everyone this gal has the cutest little figure now! She's truly a doll inside and out!

Leatha,

Your our poster child.

What a great job you have done...

That beauty you have alway had on the inside has snuck out and is covering your whole being now.

Keep up the good work

You go girl! I sure hope I look younger... like the transformation you have taken. Good luck and thanks for sharing the pics we all know that takes guts and now you have the glory to go with it.

Leatha..I love the long hair in the first pic you posted. Unbelieveable how far you have come in this journey by looking at all of the pictures you have posted

You look great Leatha, you have done so well with your band. Very proud to know you :)

Isint Leatha the sweetest? I just love her.

Any one that has a chance to meet Leatha should do it. She is the sweetest. I got to spend a lot of time with her since we rode together, and she is one great person. :)

I see the head lines now: Leathal Woman, not so leathal after all!

Leatha, yes deary you are a sweet heart and we love you! You look like a new person, I can't wail till I get my pics developed and am able to share how you look now.I hope I got some good ones.

Leatha, Greg said it perfectly. You have always been beautiful -- now you are even more beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your story and your photos. You inspire me. Thanks again for all you sharing of information, yourself, your story, photos, guidance, and support. You are an amazing woman and such a success story. I am so very proud of you and happy for you. Wow, truly amazing!!!!

Isint Leatha the sweetest? I just love her.

IMHO - Leatha is everyone's big sister. She has "been there and done it".... NOTHING surprises her! You could walk in the room nude and she wouldnt flinch!

Her genuiness and down-to-earth personality is sooooo uncommen these days, which makes you feel so comfortable to be around her!

Thanks Leatha... I love you!