Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda yuck- smelly urine?

Not that urine ever smelled great before surgery, but since my surgery on Tuesday my urine smells disgusting!!! Is this because I am not getting enough liquid? I am terrified of being dehydrated. Any insight would be appreciated!!

in other good news I have lost 10 pounds!!!

From what I've heard, it's a combination of dehydration and the calorie reduction. If you've been focusing on Protein, your body is going in a carb-starved state called "ketosis" which results in halitosis and smelly urine...lol!

Yep..it does smell. LOL (I had mine on Monday)

Possibly, is the urine dark? It can also be medication, or something in the Protein Shakes you are drinking. I have an allergy medication that makes my urine smell, Anything with Guaifenesin makes my urine smell. Asparagus makes my urine smell, I am very sensitive to urine smell apparently he he. Shoot for your 64oz the best you can, watch your urine color and plug your nose for now :-)

dehydration+ketosis+bvitamins= super smelly pee....

BUT, on the plus side if you are taking a LOT of b-Vitamins, your pee will be a fun neon yellow!

Just wait until you start eating Protein all the time. Only then will you find the true meaning of smelly from gas filled rooms. Lol! Hope you have a of to blame it on. :)

Eeek I feel guilty.... I haven't had a Protein shake yet and nowhere near 64oz of anything.

But tomorrow I will shoot for both.

And today was my first day taking B12.< /p>

Eeek I feel guilty.... I haven't had a Protein shake yet and nowhere near 64oz of anything.

But tomorrow I will shoot for both.

And today was my first day taking B12.< /p>

No Protein shakes yet?? Sacrilege!!

:(

Do you need any suggestions on good Protein shakes?

Do you need any suggestions on good Protein shakes?

I don't know if she does, but I'll be glad to hear your suggestions!

I have one that I liked preop and will see if I feel the same tomorrow, but if not ill take suggestions.

It's because you are in ketosis... Burning fat... It's a good thing. Google it.

I had to hold my breath in the bathroom for 2 weeks following surgery! Once I was home, it reminded me of being in the hospital (which I did NOT like, lol)!