Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I went to my appointment yesterday and am really surprised that I LOST weight. I went on 2 vacations and swore I would gain or was at a stand-still. I am back on liquids for 3-4 days.. It'll do me good. I feel so determined now ..Esp with Halloween and the other holidays coming up!

Hmmm,, My Signature isn't changing!! I tried twice.

Anyhow, I am down 70 lbs!!!! And I have another fill.. A total of 7cc's in my big band!

It's hard work but I am really determined this time around! I really laxed on the summer.. but I know how easy it is to gain during the winter. I'm being really controlled and it feels so good.

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that I just had a revision surgery (9th Novemer) because my tube blew off of my port in May.

No one managed to work out what was wrong with me, even though I was on Morphine in Hospital for 3 days, had x-rays, ultra sounds and all kinds of investigations (thats the NHS i guess!) and have suffered serious pain for 6 months. I had posted on here a few times talking about pain and trying to get advice, but no one seemed to know what I was going on about.

I went back to Brugge, Belgium for a fluro fill and well The tubing was hanging loose inside my pelvic cavity and the metal pin that comes off of the port was stabbing me daily for 6 months. That was why I was in pain.

Apparently there was a batch of faulty bands with faulty connections. If I had not stumbled across another person with exact same symptoms as myself I would still be in pain now.

These bands are 10ml bands made by Helioscopie. Its called the Heliogast band. These bands went all around the world, but mine was fitted in Belgium by dr. Dillemans who was great at sorting the problem out and I didnt have to pay anything further.

I am warning others because I was going out of my mind thinking I was goign mad, getting depressed with not losing weight etc. They started using a different connection with this band in March (lucky me!!) so anyone who is not losing weight, has bad pain in the port/pelvic area or anything else, get in touch with your surgeon.

I have obviously lost way less than any of you guys, and thank goodness I now have a reason. I seriously thought it was my fault and that I was a greedy pig and deserved the pain and frustration for some reason - i.e. daring to be thin.

So now I am back on track and although I love reading about you guys (well I kind of hated it too because I was not losing, but you know what I mean!) I am goign to join the november 2007 bandsters link as I will be starting my loss again really.

all the very best to you all, but if you hear of anyone suffereing like I did, then PLEASE put them out of their misery.

Bunny

UK

Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through this! I'm glad they got it taken care of for you, finally!

Look at it this way. The last 6 months, at least you haven't GAINED weight, which is what I'd be doing this very minute without my band!

Look at this now as a brand new fresh start. Welcome back!

Thanks, yeah I am glad about that, and even with the band in place I didnt get any heavier than my original weight.

So yep, I am gonna try and look at it as a fresh start...

Today was my first major choke. Not a PB, but a real choke. Its pretty intense and lasted for 3 hours. I ate 3 crackers and some humous... it went down but got stuck half way through the band. It wouldnt come up, or go down.

When it comes to food time for you all, Chew chew chew!!

I wasnt hungry when I ate this either, which teaches me a lesson. I was just bored and thought "what the heck". Now I know!! Heck is 3 hours of agony constant dribble, pain like having a heart attack etc etc.

I promise to be good good good from now on (or try to be)

bunny

Okay, y'all... It's anniversary time again -- lets get an update!

I'm 9-months out today...how can that be possible? :) Am I really doing my math right? :) I had a check-up at my surgery center Wednesday and am down from my high of 320 on my surgery date to 226 pounds!

:cheer2: 94 POUNDS LOST! :cheer2:

I'm doing really well at embracing the changes in lifestyle that this tool requires and couldn't be happier with my weight loss. I've far exceeded my own expectations, and apparently my surgeon's, too -- he said I was a star patient!

:) I no longer have any co-morbidities, am 1/2 way to goal & no longer would qualify for this surgery! :) Let's hope the upcoming holiday season doesn't derail me in the progress I've made.

:cool:

Personally, my life is in utter turmoil, and I've totally dropped out of my LapBandTalk circles to focus on home... In fact, this is the 1st time I've logged on here in months. I'm still not ready to jump back in, but I really wanted to check in with everyone for our 3/4-year anniversaries.

How is everybody else doing?

i was trying to get on the lap band blog when i click your click but is says "This blog is set to private. This user must add

you as a friend to see his/her blog." How can i get added. I always come on this site but i do not post often

Zannie,

Great check in for our bandiversary. You're doing fabulous.

I'm doing well. I'm down 46lbs. From a 20w to a misses 14. Loss is still real slow, but I wouldn't trade the band for anything. Still no complications or PB's anything. I'm still real careful to chew slowly.

Only weird thing since being banded, after loosing some weight I noticed my outer thigh/hip looked fatter on one leg than the other. Come to find out I had a fatty lipoma. Had it removed so look more even now. Thank God it was benign.

I've still got a ways to goal. But feel great!

:whoo:YAY to everyone...:whoo:

I am down about 100 lbs since Feb 8 07

Thats from a 22/24 jeans to an 8

my bra size..48DDD to 32 C :)

good job everyone keep it up!

Great job Tifferoni,

I want to be a 8 so bad. How did you get there so quick? I'm jealous....

I threw out all my junk food..all of it. if I bought any more, I would only let myself eat it once, then throw away the rest..seriously

aerobics 2 a week

karate 2 a week

and a crap load of prayin!lol

I was banded on Feb. 9, 2007 and weighed 265. I am now under the 200 pound mark!!! That is a huge accomplishment I set for myself. I would like to loose another 10 pounds before my bandiversary. That would put me at a 75 pound loss for the 1st year. I think that is pretty good. I would still like to loose another 40 to 50 pounds. EXERCISE!!!

I love my band and the restriction it gives me. My lifestyle has changed tremendously but I am embracing it every step of the way. Yes, food gets stuck sometimes and I PB or slime but I am glad that my band is working. I don't eat bread anymore and that eliminates pizza, hamburgers and several other foods from my diet that made me fat to begin with. I don't mind that I can't eat those foods anymore. I now think about the foods that I am about to eat. Don't get me wrong, I still have some weaknesses. Ice cream is one but I try to eat this in moderation.

Good luck to you all!!:clap2:

[Warning: whining ahead, and please pardon the cross-post!]

I was really doing very well with my Band -- until the holidays. I was banded Feb 15, 2007, and lost 100 pounds by the end of November – my doc said that was “bypass results” & was very happy with my progress. :lol: I did just fine thru Thanksgiving, but “Christmas” isn’t a single day in my world. It’s an entire season beginning the day after Thanksgiving and ending on the 12th day after Christmas, and one celebrated primarily with food. While I didn’t over-eat at a single meal even once over “the season” it seems a treat or two several days of the week sure added up!!! I gained 6 pounds from Nov 30th to Jan 2nd – SIX POUNDS! (And that 6 feels more like 60 – suddenly I understand where those skinny people complaining that they’ve gotta drop those 5 holiday pounds are coming from!) I went in for my 1st fill since July on Jan 10th and am quite tight, the tightest-feeling fill yet actually. (I had my 2nd ever foamy, slimy spitting up last week -- a homemade turkey meatball. I started to think I might even need an UNfill because my meatballs have never caused me problems before, but I have not had additional stuck/PB incidents since then, so...) Over the last 3 weeks, I have lost 4 of the 6 pounds I gained, but basically I wasted Dec & Jan in terms of loosing the original pre-Band weight!!

Anyhow…my point is that I’d been doing quite well until the holidays – I thought I had this LapBand thing down pat. Pretty cocky of me, eh? :rolleyes2: But now I miss all the yummy, comforting foods & am totally bored with “Band foods” that were my steadfast standbys. And these chalky Protein Shakes :ack2: that were a part of my daily life just can’t compare to my mom’s holiday cooking! Also, I totally dropped my exercise program what with the changes of routine in December, and I just can’t seem to motivate myself to start again!!! (Sheesh, it was hard enough to start in the 1st place when I had threats of post-op blood clots dangling over my head! :angry:) I got to be 320 because I just couldn’t be bothered with doing any “extra” physical activity beyond day-to-day living. And that's where I am again, mentally. I have cut out the “I’ll just have one” snacking since holiday treats are gone anyway, but that alone won’t get the scale tipping in the right direction. I know that I need to get it in gear again, but I can’t seem to force myself on the treadmill!! Any excuse will do not to exercise – the current one is that I have a wicked cold & feel just miserable, but really I think a hangnail would suffice. What I need is a swift kick in the A$$, but I’d settle for a (motivationally intended) lambasting! :lol:

I know participating again at LapBandTalk would be helpful to me. It was very inspiring in the beginning of this journey to be surrounded with people (both in person & on-line) who are traveling the same path. But I’ve had my share of "personal crisis" since my Banding & am working with my therapist thru a fairly big depression resulting from it, and I just haven’t felt the “taking care of me for a change” drive that used to bring me to LBT several times a day. I do appreciate that several of you have noticed my absence & cared enough to check in on me… I feel the love, ladies! :wub: Even if I’ve been in such a funk that replying seemed a monumental task…

Anyhow! I don’t want to hit my Bandiversary in 3 weeks still UP from my 100# loss from November!! And I really was shooting for a loss of 104 pounds by 1-year – that mythical 2 pounds a week! Six pounds between now & Feb 15th -- that's just 21 days...I doubt I'll make it at this rate. :) I don’t know how/what to do to get myself back on the Bandwagon. But I do KNOW I’ve GOT to DO something about my lack of motivation, boredom & general attitude… Thanks for listening to me whine… :bigear: I'm done now! :blush: Perhaps dumping it out here at LBT by way of update & confession to y’all will serve as a purge of sorts!