Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Tres, are you sure? Thats what i THOUGHT i had, only to find that NO..i had a 10 CM band and that it only held 4cc's ...

He said the 10cc band is the largest band they make, holding eleven cc's functionally.

Im looking for open dialog about this, since it changes things dramaticly. I THOUGHT i had several more fills to go, turns out im more than halfway filled at 2.5cc's! Anyone else?

Hello All,

I really don't post alot, but I read alot of posts on this thread. So many of your guys really up lifts me, encourage me, make me laugh, make me think and sometimes make me so hmmmm...I read so much inspiration on this thread & by reading daily it makes me work harder, enjoy life, enjoy going to the gym and know its a light at the end of this tunnel. I was banded on 02/27/2007 and lost 31lbs as of today. I'm currently at 220 & it feels great. What a lovely feeling to fit in pair of jeans/pants thats been hanging in your closet for a while.

(You say to yourself "I'm going to get in those jeans again one day") You finally get the guts & try them on & I BE DAMN,:clap2: they fit, not only do they fit they are a little lose at the waist. So now you are stareing in the mirror pop shaking (pop shaking is a old dance ) and bootie bouncing because you know you look fierce/fine. When you get that feeling(oh! what a wonderful feeling)it keeps you going..Just think how you will feel when that goal is meet. So thats where i'm at this moment & can't wait to see what my future weight lost hold.

(Pardon the cross-post, but I'm running late...)

Well, I just weighed-in for my "official" 1-month post-fill check. I'm down TEN pounds since the 1st fill (min. goal had been 8.5#, 2 lbs. a week), so that is good! I've lost 38.5 lbs since my surgery!:high5:

But I'm also in a real funk. :tired I'm bored with the foods (no carbs), not wanting to exercise, and not getting in all my fluids either. :D I tend to have a great track record of effort for about 3-months on most diets I've tried, and then the weight loss stalls & I eventually go off the plan. Um..er..uh..my surgery was 11 weeks ago today. Even though I'm still loosing weight, I am apparently still "mentally" ready to quit. (And here's where the LapBand comes in handy, eh? :D)

I'm not regretting this decision at all or anything like that. It's just that I've hit a mental wall & don't know quite how to get past it. :frusty: This has been going on for a bit over a week, and I just can't shake it. :noidea: But I did get my 1st cycle since January at about the same time, so maybe this is just a wicked case of PMS? :) Perhaps when Aunt Flo leaves, she'll take my funk with her! Whaaaa! Would you like some cheese (but no crackers) with that whine?

In quasi-related news, the Queen has come to town. I live in Virginia and this year marks the 400th anniversary of the landing at Jamestown in 1607. Her majesty will take a carriage ride in Colonial Williamsburg early this evening to The Inn. I plan to be there with my kiddies & a zillion other people for this historic ride. I figure A) neither the kids nor I will ever get another chance to see the Queen of England, and :) a walk in C.W. to see the Queen will be a great way to force in today's 30 minutes of exercise. :drama: Maybe all I really need is a jumpstart...

Zannie, does your surgeon require a "zero carb" diet? I'd be going nuts.....

No, it's not ZERO CARB at all -- more like 60-70g of carbs a day.

(Atkins, for example, is 30g max.)

BUT, but, but... The clinic strongly advises the avoidance of:

* sticky cards (soft bread, potatoes, Pasta, rice -- "the whites")

* crumbly carbs (crackers, chips, Cookies, cake, candy & Cereal

with the exception of Kashi -- "the 6 Cs")

And I do have 200# to loose, so I'm doing my best to follow along!

Suzanne

Oh, WHEW! At least you can have veggies, then....

Have you ever tried WASA bread? (crispbread, very crunchy...) It's only 9 carbs, and 2 Fiber, so it's 7 net carbs.... really good with tuna for lunch, or with lean deli meat & cheese.... Just a thought. Something to change it up...

Travel Girl:

Glad to have a twin out there!!!!!!

Everything here is going great, I'm very satisfied.

Can eat about anything I want (but I don't:scared: )

Still get stuck on meats though.

about how much do u eat?

I drink Protein shake in morning

continue to drink liquids throughout day

lunch - either Protein shake or about 1- 2oz of meat

dinner - sensible (less then one hamburger or 3 - 4 oz of Protein

Snacks ( sunchips, or Jello, or no sugar added rice pudding)

I wonder if everyone else does the same............or even if it is realistic to think that this could be done lifetime. (I'm still content, just wondering how everyone else feels.

I can pretty much eat whatever I want, too, and I do eat whatever I want, to a degree. If it's something I know isn't all that good for me, I limit my portion to an extremely small amount.

For Breakfast, I'll do a low fat or fat free yogurt (I like the Light Activia, and it's only 70 calories) and a light string cheese (50 calories).

lunch is usually leftovers from the night before or tuna salad (1/3 of a cup or so) on a wasa cracker.

supper is pretty varied, and like I said, if it's something not particularly good for me, I limit myself to a very small portion, and then if I'm hungry (not head hungry, but HUNGRY) later, I'll have a few triscuit thin crisps with low fat cottage cheese or a string cheese or something similar.

I think I can totally do this the rest of my life. I'm not deprived of anything that I really really want, and I'm satisfied with a little bit.

I have an appointment to have a fill next Friday (May 11) but I think I'm going to cancel it. I don't have many problems (been stuck a few times OWWW!! and I've PB'd twice), and I feel like I have pretty good restriction, and even if it's not my "sweet spot", I am still losing around 2 lbs a week (AVERAGE, that's not EVERY week...) so I just don't feel like I need one. I'm afraid that I might just end up having to go get an unfill, and I'd rather wait to have a fill until I really feel like I need to have one.

Travelgirl I second you on the wasa bread!!!!! I eat it every day at lunch with some tuna fish. One piece and half a can of tuna with a little mayo and I am stuffed. So delicious.

Travelgirl I second you on the wasa bread!!!!! I eat it every day at lunch with some tuna fish. One piece and half a can of tuna with a little mayo and I am stuffed. So delicious.

Yep, and the crunch of the wasa takes away any need I might be feeling for that "sandwich and chips" lunch I might have been dreaming about....

Yep, and the crunch of the wasa takes away any need I might be feeling for that "sandwich and chips" lunch I might have been dreaming about....

Okay, so I went to wasa.com to check out this bread/cracker. Which flavors do y'all recommend? :hungry:

Suzanne

Okay, so I went to wasa.com to check out this bread/cracker. Which flavors do y'all recommend? :hungry:

Suzanne

I like the light rye and sourdough flavors, but they really don't have a lot of flavor, just a whole lotta CRUNCH! They compliment about any flavor you want to put with it.

I haven't posted in a while, haven't had much time. I'm doing well! I have lost 41 lbs..... I haven't weighed what I weigh now since like 1999. I'm so glad I did this! It's an adjustment and a big mental adjustment. The bands is helping me. I still have hills to overcome but at least it's not Mountians and I see getting somewhere. Everyone keep you head up, and if you get stumped figure out where your problem is and work on it.... like last week I saw myself eating too many sweets, resorting to easy food.... I've done better this week.....

i ate too much last night. i shouldnt be able to eat all this. i just had a second fill and im more than half way through.

last night i ate a hotdog (just the frank)

a FULL BOX of Dots at the theater (five servings)

a sb chicken box thing

a big full salad!

and this was AFTER a full day of regular food, Isopure shake for Breakfast awith a cup of frozen strawberries, a cup of sausage and two eggs later for lunch...

good lord.