Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Freetobe: My port is hard to access as well (apparently it's twisted which may require another surgery to fix--yikes!. My 1st fill took 2 stabs and my

2nd fill took 5 trys and 2 different needles!!

I went to the April challenge thread and signed up...Let's do this y'all!!!

Lise...you are not alone. I felt like crying at the scale this morning....same weight for weeks....up or down 1-2 pounds every day...but basically the exact same thing. It is really sad to see how little we eat and still don't lose. I'm actually becoming scared that my body is not going to lose weight ever....been big for too long. Today I'm going to try to exercise and drink even more Water. I feel like I'm working so hard at this and to no avail.

tears in eyes....

Are you getting enough Protein? I just bought some New liquid whey Protein. In one tube you get 43 grams. I sort of slowed down on the weight loss. It looks like you are doing great.

I was banded in Jan.2007 and you all are doing wonderful.

Freetobe - I just had my first fill Monday, April 4th after my 6 weeks post-op. 2cc's. The surgeon had an ultrasound done to locate the port and then the tech marked the port site. She (my surgeon) hit the port the first time in. It took just a few minutes for the whole procedure. I was on Clear Liquids for 24 hours...then mushies...now full foods. Everything seems to be going as planned. I am sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hopefully the next time will be a breeze! Good luck on your loss!

i just had my 1st fill this tuesday, 4/3. :) it went smoothly. the dr. used a floroscope to locate the port & filling it only took a few minutes. i really don't feel much difference tho'. he said if i really want to get the weight moving to come in for another fill in 4 weeks, so that's my plan unless things change. have any of you gone tanning since your surgery ? i just started . i put stickers over my incisions so they don't turn purple so now i have 6 hearts on my belly. the dr just laughed when he saw it tues. oh well it's not like anyone is gonna see them anyway. no belly shirts for me - not yet anyway:D . i hope everyone has a great holiday week-end. we plan on it even tho' the weather has changed drastically this week from 80's to mid-40's - crazy.

.....that I've PBed. It was so stupid; I went into the kitchen to make some dinner and found that I didn't have what I wanted. I ended up eating some small cold sausages. Half way through the second I got the awful pain in my chest and started sliming. Then I PBed the lot up.

Horrible, horrible experience! Note to self: do not eat anything that isn't planned and carefully thought out! :):o:o

Forgive me for being stupid, but exactly what does Protein do for you? I;ve been asked,"are you getting enough protein?" and told about the liquid shots of protein....but WHY? Do I need that protein to lose weight? Is it for health reasons and if so, what? Somebody please help.

thanks

In order not tobe malnourished you must get Protein. to keep up energy and not loose hair and all those things. Keeps your muscle mass up. You have to do this as our calorie intake is so low whcih is why they tell you to eat it first...

Protein builds up, maintains, and replaces the tissues in your body ie; muscles, organs and your immune system which are made up mostly of protein. Adults need about 60 grams of protein a day. Protein will help satisfy your hunger and maintain you until your next meal. Hope this helps.