Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hello all, I was banded on the 28th at 7:30am and was home by lunch time. Slept mostly the whole day that day. Didn't sleep much that night because I was uncomfortable...not from pain so much but because I'm a side sleeper and thats just not an option right now. Last night I tried to sleep in my bed and didn't sleep at all. Came back downstairs this morning and slept almost 4 hours in my chair. I'm not really in pain but very sore kinda like someone kicked me in the stomach. Having a hard time getting my liquid in...I don't want to make myself sick. I don't think I could handle throwing up right now, so I'm doing everything possible not to let that happen. I'm ready to start feeling better now!! Hopefully it wont be much longer.

Kathy

I'm back too. I had my surgury on the 26th and I'm feeling Ok but I have the shoulder pain and a bad headache. I also feel hungry all the time but I absolutly hate all the food I am allowed to eat. anyone have any suggestions on stage 3 foods to get by with?:hungry:

Now that all of us Feb. folks are done, maybe we should start a chart of our weight loses? I have no idea how to do this. I'm sure one of you are computer smart and knows how to do this. Bonnie

weight.png

hey I did it!:clap2: I only got this ticker thing to work once. But I think I got how to do this. I'm taking classes at a trade school, started this week. Microsoft Work.

I just ate a small prune yogurt (sounds gross but is actually quite DEEELISHag_tongue.gif) and a small sf pudding. I went to Target and bought these cute little plastic toddler spoons and forks plus some classic pooh plates and bowls and though I haven't been able to use the bowls and plates yet, the small spoons have been great. I feel at this point I am actualy taking a turn for the better. Basically I'm just sore, gasey, itchy and restless. Great combo huh?

It will be 3 weeks this tuesday that I was banded. I very rarely am hungry which is great. The only thing i am worried about is my sugar keeps staying in the upper 300's. I was never on insulin and now i am afraid i may have to go on it. The reason I got the band was the fear of going on insulin. Did anyone else have this problem. I am hoping my body is just adjusting to the band and it will be back to normal soon. Cause when I was on Optifast it was great. Thanks

I was banded on the 28th- 2 days ago and have eatin 1/2 can broc cheddar Soup and 1 choc pudding. I feel hungry. I have been belching alot. I'm not sure if I can hold out 6 weeks for a fill.

I was banded on the 28th- 2 days ago and have eatin 1/2 can broc cheddar Soup and 1 choc pudding. I feel hungry. I have been belching alot. I'm not sure if I can hold out 6 weeks for a fill.

Wow....I wish I could say that. I am doing good to get enough clear fluids. I still have gas trapped in my left shoulder and can't even eat a whole SF popsicle. Not really hungry yet, but things do look and smell good. I guess right now Im too scared to try anything with substance.

Kathy

I have gas ( I guess) trapped under my right ribcage. ouch!!! Any suggestions? I hope they didn't hurt something while they were all inside my tummy!!!

Michele

Hi Everyone, I am banded:) My surgery was on 2/28 in Denver with Dr. Kirshenbaum. Everything went well, I can't say enough good about Dr. Kirshenbaum, his staff Robin and Marilyn, and the surgical center, it was all top notch. I live in N.E. WI, so my trip home took forever because of flight delays and snow+ice covered roads. Anyhow I made it home and am getting used to grinding my meds and eating popsicles. Talk more later, Sunnysea

on my third day since i was banded and i finally managed to get my 6oz Protein Shake down and a sf popsicle still sipping on Water but really havent been hungry yet as far as the gas goes everyone says walk walk walk the gas pain is not bothering me much anymre but this itchy feeling i got is driving me nutssssssss!! GOOD LUCK 2 EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was banded on 3/1 and I wish I had restriction! I want to eat the world.

My port is sore as heck and petruding (I hope that is does not stick out like it is doing right now) as a matter of fact that is the only pain I have and it is bad enough to take the pain meds.

Has anybody eleses port petruded or looked like a lump just after surgery?

I know the band is in place because I saw it on the xrays.

it kills me how different doctors are.

Im three weeks out and im JUST now on mushies. My doctor explained that the stages are very important because they want your band to scar firmly in place and the only way to do that is to eat Clear Liquids for a week, then slowly introduce creamy Soups, then slowly introduce mushies about a week after that.

the day before my two week check up i sliced an apple into very thin strips and chewed on those till i got them down and they were HEAVEN..but he then explained that you gotta give the incisions and stiches time to heal and the scar tissue to form so that you will have proper fit later.

I know that sounds like it sucks but broiled fish is fantastic and all in all its really not so bad.

it just kills me to read about people a day or two or even a week out of surgery and eating solids! theres no way you could have healed in that kind of time?

I am still supposed to be on pureed foods, (surgery 2/14), and have also had some very soft foods. Still hungry...my only problem is that if I try to swallow too big of a bite, it can get stuck, then there is the pain, and possibly vomiting. Did that twice, hate to reapeat it!

I had a bruise at my port area, and felt like I was kicked by a few mules post-op, but everything is healing up nicely.

At least I am not alone in the hungry part!

I just ate a small prune yogurt (sounds gross but is actually quite DEEELISHag_tongue.gif) and a small sf pudding. I went to Target and bought these cute little plastic toddler spoons and forks plus some classic pooh plates and bowls and though I haven't been able to use the bowls and plates yet, the small spoons have been great. I feel at this point I am actualy taking a turn for the better. Basically I'm just sore, gasey, itchy and restless. Great combo huh?

I love prunes; where did you find prune yogurt?? Yummy!

Tonight we had rotissierie (sp) chicken.....IT WAS DELISH!!! I just bought it at the local grocery store and could only eat 1/2 breast and was stuffed! Who'd of thunk it???? 1/2 breast??? ME???? Yea band!!!!

weight.png