Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

First of all, thank you to Susannah for the congrats! I actually called my sister and told her after the surgery and her only comment was, "Oh. Are you going to take a day off of work?" So...not too much support there. Anyway, I had a bit more trouble today than yesterday and wanted to know does anyone know if trouble with burping resolves over time?

Thank you so much,

Tina_D

Hi Tina,

Regarding the burping and gas..take lots of gas x (i like the chewable) and walk walk walk...the more you move the better that stuff goes out. I try to walk thirty minutes a day, twice a day. rest the other times. It does get better!

The countdown has begun! I am leaving on Monday and am having my surgery Tuesday 2/20! Can someone add me to the main list?

I am getting more excited and nervous as the date gets closer! Looking forward to just getting it done already!

:)

Does anybody think that bean Soup ( I could put it in the blender) counts as part of the liquid diet? I am just trying to come up with a food list for post op.

I am REALLY tired of shakes and at this point can't wait to put something with substance in my mouth.

I have been mainly eating strained cream Soups I take and puree them in my magic bullet then strain.So it may work with bean just blend well and strain it. Some of the caned soups are good but I Had to make some home made cream of potato with bacon soup that is my favorite. I was on Carnation instant Breakfast for 4 weeks so i don't really want more. I still add natural whey Protein to my soup. For the first couple of days post op I could hardly get Water and liquid pain meds down but day 3 started eating soup sipping slowly.

Good luck with your surgery

Terry

I'm 5 days post op now and really low I just have no energy at all and the thought of any Protein Shakes is enough to start me heaving. I'm surviving on warm milk and thin Soup. I know I've made the right choice to have this surgery but right now I can't stop crying.

I can relate to the shake thing the first two days all I could get down was Water and pain meds but that was hard.But now strained creamed Soups and Protein Powder are my diet I was starting to feel a little better but tonight started getting bad pains in my shoulder. I didn't think It would start 5 days post-op.

I hope your spirits lift soon :clap2: it is a major body change. I asked my DW what did I do to myself and did I make the right choice but she reassures me I did and I guess she is right.So I been trying to tell myself to take it one day at a time and it will get better.

Best Wishes :)

Terry

Well after my wonderful two week vacation (okay one week of pain and one week of vacation) I am back to work tomorrow. Dang I was really hoping to win the lottery or something so I never had to go back.

Hello all, I was banded on Valentine's Day. What a great present to myself, huh? I'm still in alot of pain and wondering how long to expect this. The pain at the port is the worst. Also, I can't get the yellow betadine off my stomach. Any suggestions??

Teacher

Banded 2-14-07

283/266

I had surgery yesterday and just got home a few hours ago. I am feeling really good. Of course, my stomach is sore but I haven't had any gas pains yet. You never realize how many stomach muscles you have until they hurt like hell.

I am so glad to have found this forum. I felt completely prepared and everything went as I expected it to from reading everyone's post.

The worst part of the whole deal was trying to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. That really hurt my stomach.

But all in all, not too bad. Good luck to the future bandsters this month.

Sharon

WELCOME BACK Sharon! I've been waiting for you to post... Welcome to Bandland, glad you are feeling good.

Pam,

I was banded 2/8 This has been what I have been eating from day one out of hospital -

The items I will list that I am eating are all lite or low sugar - Jello, popsicles, pudding, fudgsicles, cream of wheat w/little butter, campbells tomatoe Soup at hand, Protein Shakes, spaghetti sauce heated with a little ground beef (tiny meat), sucked on couple candy kisses, dannon yogurt smoothies, garlic mashed potatoes - premade country crock whipped with a little milk to make thinner and I added sour cream and melted cheese (it came out to a nice whipped consistency), onion soup, miso soup (from the powdered packets), rice crispies dry (great to snack on when you want a little crunch, eat like popcorn but make sure you are nibbling on a few at a time..it dissolves pretty much before it goes down). I can have any cream or milk based soup too. I just have only had a few kinds. If it is a little too thick, I use my hand blender to thin it out. These are just some ideas. Oh, I didn't have any clear liquid diet after surgery. So I have been doin this all week. I only had a 2 day clear liquid before surgery which was started with 10 ounces of magnesium citrate to clean out the bowels.

Oh, I just found I can eat spaghettio's (those little o's in tomatoe sauce). I was making it for my daughter and I ate some and it was mushy in my mouth and had no problems from it. So I again at a little for dinner last night and had no problems. Those little 0's are so soft and it was a tasty alternative.

:)

Howdy, Y'all! I just thought I would post an update. I've been on my pre-op liquid diet since last Friday (10 days) and have lost 11 pounds so far. My MD's pre-op diet consist of 3 slim fast ultima drinks daily, at least 64 oz Water, and crystal light, sugar free popsickles, clear broth as desired. The first couple of days were hard for me but now I'm not even very hungry and have only been averaging 1-2 slim fast and 1 bowl of broth a day. My surgery is set for Friday, the 23rd and I am so excited! My good friend is doing this with me and we have been together every step of the way and are both scheduled for Friday morning so that has been fun having her go through everything with me! I am trying to get up my nerve to tell my parents- I intended to tell them afterwards to save them from being nervous beforehand but have been convinced that I need to go ahead and tell them before the surgery. I know that they will be supportive in the end but they are both going to be against any unnecessary surgery and probably will feel that I could lose the weight without the surgery if I tried hard enough. I am definately not going to tell them that my insurance didn't cover it and I paid for it out of my 401K!! Best wishes to everyone joining bandland this week! This is our start for a new beginning for us!

Hi, mcwms! About your parents, I felt the same way you did, I really thought it would take them a while to realize that this is for the best, and that they would eventually support me, but they were thrilled when I told them what I was doing, and they are so excited for me to begin my new journey. You might be pleasantly surprised by your parent's reaction. They only want what's best for you! Make sure that you give them the link to obesityhelp.com or some other reputable lap-band website so they can do their own research, and that will help with the questions that they'll have. Good luck!!