Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out - gallbladder surgery

I'm3 weeks post op and now I'm back in the hospital to have my gallbladder out tomorrow. I started getting really nauseous when I ate, or drank, had diarrhea. Dr told me to go to the ER - I knew I was getting dehydrated. Got some iv fluids, they did cat scans and ultrasound and my sleeve looked good. But my gallbladder is "sludgy" so surgeon recommends taking it out. I really don't want to have another surgery so soon, but I need to be able to eat and drink, which I can't do now without getting sick. I really hope this fixes my issues.

I just had mine out Friday night. I feel great now! Like I didn't even have surgery and I'm not scared to eat anymore! It's worth it to just get rid of it. Good luck!

Sludge will ultimately turn into stones. That's what happened with me. I didn't want to remove it in hopes of saving it with juice cleanses. That didn't happen, so a few stone attacks later I decided to get it removed - my surgery is next week.

If you're having trouble with it now - you may as well get it removed than suffer through it for months. I still vomit and get nauseous for no reason and I'm six months out.

Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the replies. I thought I had a stomach virus but I'm better when I don't eat. I've eaten very little for the last few days. But I still have back pain where my gallbladder is. I hope recovery is easy.

Had my surgery today and home this evening. I'm in a lot of pain! maybe because I'm still recovering from my sleeve. I thought about staying one more day at the hospital, but they were giving me crushed Percocet which wasn't helping at all. I still have lortab at home which works better. don't know why they wouldn't give me morphine like after the sleeve.

I hope the pain goes away soon honey! Sorry to hear!

It is strange they didn't give you the strong stuff to keep you comfortable at least the first night.

My surgery is next week - I need to make sure to have that talk with my surgeon and pain meds.

right after surgery they gave me dalaudid (sp?) which I asked them not to give me. it's awesome for pain but it makes me feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. that's just how I react to it. morphine works for me. They gave me a morphine pump after the sleeve, guess I just assumed I would have the same. Never assume! I'm in as much pain as I was with the sleeve. I really think it's because my surgeries were so close together.

Hang in there! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I hope it helps you feel better!

Hi Jen, if you are still in pain you may need to call your doctor. There is no surgery without some kind of pain, but if the pain is not going away or getting worse I think your dr should know.

Dilated is synthetic drug, I read somewhere it is about 8 times stronger than morphine. You want to stay away from these drugs as much as possible - they are highly addictive. In my opinion they should only be used in extreme cases where morphine and similar narcotics aren't enough.

Hope you feel better soon!!