Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been a bad girl...BUT....!

Ok, so for some odd reason, the whole week out of surgery has had me sleeping most of the time. I feel drunk. So I didn't get all my liquids in. Oops. Had my follow-up appt this morning, and I thought I was going to pass out. They couldn't even get my blood pressure. The doc came in and then immediately sent me to the ER for a bag of fluids. Lesson learned: SIP SIP SIP!!! I was so dehydrated that the nurses blew two veins trying to get the IV in. I did not know that veins go flat when you are dehydrated, but they do!

BUT...at my weigh in, I have hit Onederland! WOOHOO!! Started at 220, lost 7 during pre-op diet, then 19 more just this week. Sadly though, some of that loss is muscle mass. :( No liquids in, means no Protein went in either.

I am feeling so much better since the IV, and I promise that I am determined to get my 64 in today and from now on. I do not want to go back to the ER.

BOOO HIIIIISSSSSSS!!! on the ER trip. WOOOOT!!! on the weight loss. Sip, sip, sip and seriously, drink regular gatorade if you can't get the Water in. It's helped me tremendously and I'm not getting enough calories anyways, so my NUT approved it.

dehydrated

hi newbie

good for you that you realized the "error of your ways" :huh:

you realize you MUST drink

early PO its most important to drink as many fluids as possible

and after your early stages - you must continue drinking more and more - at least 64 oz a day

but......drink more if possible/which it is :)

it is common to get dehydrated PO(not good, but it does happen to some)

i "thought" i was getting in my Water - but 2 months PO - i had to go to the ER to be hydrated :angry:

no fun as you found out :(

i'll never forget the date - it was valentines' day -_- )

my dh brought me flowers

what a smart guy he is - after all he married me!! :lol:

even though its a hard lesson to learn - you are now aware that you must drink lotsssss of water

i can see B) in your lovely face and smile you will be a success

congrats on your weight loss so far - and hitting onederland too!!!!

good luck

kathy

BOOO HIIIIISSSSSSS!!! on the ER trip. WOOOOT!!! on the weight loss. Sip' date=' sip, sip and seriously, drink regular gatorade if you can't get the Water in. It's helped me tremendously and I'm not getting enough calories anyways, so my NUT approved it.[/quote']

I've been drinking regular Gatorade since the beginning to get in calories and liquid.

My doc and Nut are both strict about sports drinks being sugar free. I had a Powerade zero, a big bottle, and I sipped on it for three days. I got sick of it. lol

I picked up some Syntax nectar so that I can stay on top of the Protein and the liquid.

Im still so tired though. Not like before, but I do nap for about 5-10 mins to feel better.

My doc and Nut are both strict about sports drinks being sugar free. I had a Powerade zero' date=' a big bottle, and I sipped on it for three days. I got sick of it. lol

I picked up some Syntax nectar so that I can stay on top of the Protein and the liquid.

Im still so tired though. Not like before, but I do nap for about 5-10 mins to feel better.[/quote']

I have to switch to sugar free after I get to eat.

Do you get to count your Protein as liquid too? I drink Isopure (like Gatorade-ish not a shake) and I count the 15 Proteins plus the 8 oz as liquid.

Yes I do. I cannot STAND Isopure. It makes me gag. Absolutely hate the stuff. I do better with the nectar mixes.

LipstickLady, I will ask about the regular Gatorade.

I did better today. about to finish my last bottle to make 64ozs. I did weigh again, and gained 6 lbs from all the liquid intake. I knew my weight loss couldn't have been right. It was sooooo much. Im not disappointed. Just glad that I am no longer loopy! lol.