Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my EGD Tuesday. Everything went well. I guess I was a feisty un cooperative patient under anesthesia. Oops. No ulcers, or hernia. I am cleared for surgery!

Today is the first day of my pre op diet. So far, it's going ok. The Protein drink my Dr.'s office doesn't taste too bad. But I do not suggest smelling the actual powder....Not pleasent!!! I got the vanilla flavor because they were out of the chocolate. vanilla was good too, but they suggested to mix it with light chocolate soy milk for a chocolate flavor. That's good as well. Besides 3 shakes a day I can have light yogurt, sugar free Jello, a lettuce salad with 1 tbsp. of fat free dressing. At least I get to have some crunch. All liquids might have been rough for 2 weeks. The weekend may be hard for me, especially with family gatherings for fathers day.

I can't believe that 2 weeks from today I'll be sleeved. I know that this is the best decision for me and my health. But anytime I have any doubts reading all of the posts immediately makes me feel better about my decision and makes me excited to start my new life. I'm thankful to have found this blog and for everyone sharing their stories, questions and answers along the way, and success. Great motivation!!!

Whoo! Yeah, the start of the preop diet has been rough for me, but the forums are making it better. Two weeks is gonna go by in no time :]

Lucky ducks...im stuck on the pre-op diet for the next 3.5 months...i was only supposed to be on it for two weeks prior to durgery but my blood tests came back showing high lipids in the body and forced me onto a Dr. Prescribed diet till surgery :( I made it 1 day and then failed today....I dont know how i am going to survive for 3.5 months???? So looooong

Oh nooo! It will get easier, I promise! Especially if you can eat some real foods, not just liquids. I went vegetarian for two years; I started because I wanted to impress a boyfriend (lolol) and so it was initially really hard to start and ignore all the delicious foods I was used to eating. Eventually as I got rid of all the stuff I couldn't eat in my house and only bought the right foods/frequented the right restaurants, it got so easy I never had to think about it. Even smelling meat didn't make me want it, and I bet it gets like that with non-doctor-diet foods for you. It's gonna be okay!