Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent

I need to vent about my sister. She is totally unsupportive about me wanting to have plastic surgery after I reach my goal. I started at 320 lbs and had lost 40 lbs before surgery on my own. I'm down a total of 70+ lbs right now. I want to lose another 50. So I am just talking about having plastic surgery. Not that I may really have it or not. She told me a plastic surgeon will never do a TT and lip on someone who is 200 lbs. At 5'9" I look really good at 200 lbs. It just give me something to look forward to. My husband thinks she is jealous because I am taking care of myself again. I only want to look my best. If holding on the idea of having a TT once I reach my goal makes me stick to my diet then I am better for it. What do you think. Am I being to vane?

Julie,

you have done wonderful. and to be honestly blunt who cares what she thinks? is she going to pay for it?

i think your hubby is on the right track. you are taking care of yourself and losing weight and looking great and she may just be a tad jealous.

dont let her get you down - you are doing great!!

I second that Julie - your goal is whatever you feel comfortable at. If you want a TT at 200 then you go girl and you enjoy every minute of it! And your hubby is right...your sis sounds jealous.

And what's so wrong about being Vain?

Everybody cares about how they look. Why shouldn't you?

Hugs!! Keep your eye on the prize....

:]

ahhhemmmm: that is bs...... my good friend who had the bypass is holding firm at the 200 mark, and she is in a size 10 because she is so dang tall... 5'10".... she just went in for an estiment on the work.......... boobs, arms, tt.... 12K. the most important thing her doc said was that the maintenence of the weight loss is key........ she thinks if she had it all done she would lose another 10-15 lbs.

Your sis is just trying to rain on your weight loss parade......... don't let her!

You need to do what is right for you. If getting the plastic surgery at 200 makes you feel better about you, then go for it.

I think you are doing an amazing job. Keep it up. You inspire the rest of us!!!!

I need to vent about my sister. She is totally unsupportive about me wanting to have plastic surgery after I reach my goal. She told me a plastic surgeon will never do a TT and lip on someone who is 200 lbs. At 5'9" I look really good at 200 lbs. What do you think. Am I being to vane?

First - your sister opinions really doesn't matter, you have done totally AWESOME, so ignore her thoughts, do what you want to do.

I think at 5'9" you WILL look good, and if plastic surgery is what you want, you go for it. The surgeon is the place to get advice, not your sister. So just put her and her opinions on MUTE.

I also agree with your husband. She is probably jealous of your success and all the attention you are now getting.

You are not being Vane. You are wanting something to improve your looks. To me, after losing a lot of weight, you DESERVE this for yourself.

Your sister is being mean spirited and a general downer. Family can be weird at times....:)

Go for the plastic surgery, girl. You won't regret it! When I turned fifty I had a little work done on my jawline even though everyone said that I didn't need it. Afterwards everyone said I looked fabulous and I have never regretted my decision.:D

Thank you all for your posts. Waiting plastic surgeon is so exciting for me. It keeps me totally focused on the remainder weight I have to lose. Thanks again.

Go for it Julie! I've been thinking of having a TT done myself by next summer. I've gotten to goal and I still just don't feel real good about myself because of the excess skin I can't get rid of. Do what is right for you and 200lbs & a TT is OK. I no someone who had a TT done at 235lbs and she looked great!

Sisters are the hardest when it comes to things like this, my sister had gastic bypass surgery and I've been supportive of her from day 1 but she still hasn't given me a compliment and it's going on 2 yrs for me. Just do what is right for YOU!

Do what you want!!!!

She was given her own body to worry about.

You worry about yours!!!