Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ohio, let's get this started

Hi Paige, are you going to the Bob Evans right by the 75 exit? And it's going to be Feb 5th at noon, right? I may join you girls just so I can meet some of you. Thanks for the invite.

Debbie

Hi Debbie:

Yes, that's Monday, 2/5 at 12noon. Bob Evans right there at the Miamisburg/Centerville exit at 75. Hope you come. So far we have 3 and hopefully more will surprise us and come. Bob Evans is great for being able to find something for whatever phase you on with the food. See you there!

All I can say is WOW Paige, 20#, that's great. I'm glad to here that things are going better after the gall bladder surgery. I bet you are still swollen like you said, I was for about a month after just having the band surgery and you had both so it will probably take a few more weeks for the swelling to go down.

I was in a blah mood today, don't really know why just was, kinda ate to much this evening but I still was ok for the day.

My goal for myself this week is to get 10,000 steps in a day, I almost get 9,000 in on the days that I work but on the weekend I'm lucky to get 2,500 so that will be my goal. I'll let you know next Sunday if I was able to achieve it or not.

I can't wait to meet everyone that's going out to lunch on the 5th. The more the merrier. I feel this is the beginning of a great support group. And we all can use the advice that others can give us, especially since we are going through the same thing.

Hey Paige I just noticed that you and I have the same amount to lose to get to our goal, we can be goal buddies, hehehe:clap2:

Hello! Its nice to see Ohio represented! I meet with the surgeon on Feb. 6. I am already approved (Anthem) and hope to get my surgery date.

My surgery will be at Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati. I can't wait:clap2: I am a little concerned about the pre-op liquid diet and if my surgeon will require it. I have cut my food intake down in preparation.

Jane

Right now I'm doing the 6 mos. mandatory diet. What a laugh!! If I could successfully stay on a diet 6 months during a 12 month period, I wouldn't need this surgery! Anyway, I'm on month 3 of 6, hopefully I'll get banded this summer (2007) I hope to go to St. Luke's in Toledo with Dr. Oweis. Where did you go, and what kind of experience have you had? -Lisa

Hi everyone, I would like for all of us in Ohio to start talking and getting to know how we are doing with our Lapband or if your are thinking about having the surgery, how things are going for you.

I had my surgery Oct. 18, 2006 and I have lost 30# so far. I wish it would be more but hey at least I'm losing and not gaining. I really haven't had any problems with my lapband. I have had two fills so far and I think I might need another one when I go back to my Dr. in January. I chose not to tell anyone about getting the band except for my parent's, not even my two grown sons. You see I have failed at so many attempts in losing weight that I didn't want the pressure of everyone watching me and feeling that I would be under a microscope. For the first time in many years I do feel in control and I know that I can make it happen and finally win this battle that I have been fighting for so many years. Don't get me wrong I know that it's not going to be easy but at least now I have a tool that I know will help me get there because it has already started me on my way.

I hope to here from some of my Ohio bandster family, because I really do care how you all are doing, I feel that we could be such a help to each other.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and I am looking forward to a fantastic New Year.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hello!

Has anyone been banded at Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati?

I would love to hear about your experience. I meet with the surgeon on Feb. 6. :clap2: I can't wait!

Jane

Hello Ohio,

I was hoping to meet some of you at the bob evans get-together, but I have a meeting to attend. It could be classified as a NSV. I will be a docent (tour leader, for field trips mostly) at the Art Institute in Dayton. The training lasts through spring and into fall so come Dec., I will be ready to lead my own tours. As volunteer jobs go, it will take a lot of time, but Art has always been my first love so I am psyched! Not to mention that I should be nearly at my goal weight by then and I will have a good reason to buy nice clothes to wear for my "job". Cool, huh?

For any of you that live in the area and haven't been to the Art institute, do plan to go. It is very user friendly. It's free, other than special exhibitions. It is arrainged so it's very hard to get lost, and it has a great hands-on area for the kids. (and a really cool gift shop and a cafe)

So, I won't be at bob evans, but next time (not on mondays) I'll be there.

Hi Paige, I will have to meet you ladies another time:cry We have our work up at the hospital that day and I will have to be back to the hospital by 12:30. My daughter and I still might try to run up to Bob Evans if we have enought time between our appointments. Blood work and then some type of class that last until 3:00. Good luck to all of you.

Debbie

Hi lisa0522, I know the mandatory 6 mo. diet would be like torture to me so I'm feeling for you, just try and hang there. I had my banding done at Sycamore Hosp. and I don't regret it one bit. To date I have lost 41# since Oct. 18th and I haven't had any real problems. I am able to eat whatever I want but just in smaller portions, alot smaller portions. Don't get me wrong I have overeated and not felt the greatet afterwards and I have also burped things back up (yuck) but that was because I ate to fast or took to big of bites not because of the band not working for me it was me working against the band. I will say that overall I make better food choices, yes I sometimes still have my choclate, sometimes alittle to much but I can honestly say that I haven't counted a calorie or frobidden any food from my eating. I do try and stay on a lower carb plan just because bread can give me some problems at times because I swallow to big of a bite and it doesn't want to go down the greatest.

Carolyn I hope everythings went good with your banding today and I'm thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Paige where are you I miss you here. Hope to see you Monday at Bob Evans along with everyone else who would like to meet for lunch.

Wow, 41 lbs. in 3 mos. That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear you feel getting the band is worthwhile. Did you ask before you had the surgery about slippage or erosion? I've had a hard time finding much information on these, or any other possible complications. The only surgery I've ever had was having my tonsils out in 2nd grade- about 30 years ago. I think I have a pretty low tolerance for pain, so I'm a little afraid of the pain after surgery. Thanks for the message! -Lisa

Dear Group:

I'm so sorry I haven't posted. Somehow my "notifications" got messed up. I had set my PC to notify me whenever anyone posted and I wasn't getting any so I made the assumption that no one had been posting this week. Anyway, imagine my surprise when I saw that several had along with some new people.

Anyway, first off, welcome to the new people I've seen. I hope you stay a part of the group and join us today for lunch at Bob Evans.

Lisann and Barbara: I'll see you later this afternoon for lunch.

Invite to ALL: Bob Evans, 12:00 noon (or anytime within the hour), location is the one at the exit off I-75N at Miamisburg-Centerville Road.

OH Rain Tree: I hope you are feeling well. I know you were banded on 1/31. So, I'm thinking (unless you had some minor complications) that you are feeling better by now. Please let us know how you are doing. I'm thinking about you.

DiscoDiva and Daughter: Have FUN today at your testing. The class you go to is VERY informative and the instructor is as nice as can be. They do give you a break from about 11:30-12:30 so feel free to join us is you can.

As for me, doing okay. No more complications. My weight loss has slowed a bit. I'm losing about 2 pounds per week. I have my first follow up today (hence, the lunch meeting in Dayton). My dietician asked me NOT to get a fill yet. She thinks I'm losing just fine so I doubt Dr. Shu will give me one. I don't know my weight currently because my scale is on the fritz but I have dropped below the 200 mark - YEAH!!!

I haven't really started exercising much yet. My energy level is below zero, like the weather. I've gotten a little anemic and until I see my primary doc to check the hemoglobin level again, I still can't exercise. But, if Dr. Shu gives me the okay today, I'll be starting my PT for my back this week.

I've been able to eat around 1300 kcals per day. I'm not getting the fluids like I need yet but I'm working on it. Well, to each of you: Have a wonderful day. If you are considering the band, feel free to ask any of us anything. I love my band and it's really doing the job so far, even without a fill~

Blessings!!!

Paige

I have had some minor complications, all my fault. Forgot about Gas-X for shoulder gas pain ! Withdrawals have about killed me from caffeine,nicotine & food. ;) So preoccupied with staying on a clear liquid diet that I totally forgot to arrange in advance how to take my slew of daily prescribed meds, so, have gone cold turkey from them and have certainly felt the effects. :sick Finally figured out why I am so unbelievably weak :faint:and Tues. will do something about it with a few phone calls. duh ! Can't believe I am that stupid !! :)

I am about to lose my happy home if I don't "fix" things ASAP. Hope to have things back in order shortly and will let you know. I hope everyone is doing okay and the lunch meeting went good. Wish I could have been there.

Until later.......Best wishes to All..........

Hey All!

Well, got a 1cc fill yesterday. Really feel it today. Ate half as much as yesterday. Only about 750kcals total and most of it came from the milk I drank. I also got my clearance to exercise so I'll be starting with physical therapy and go from there.

We had fun at Bob Evans yesterday. We are planning now to meet on March 5th for lunch, restaurant pending still. I hope more of you will join us.

OH Rain Tree: How's it going? I'm glad you are on the mend but I still want to check on you - keep us posted.

Anyone out there struggle with isolating? Would love to hear more. Oh, yeah - for those enquiring minds. I joined e-Harmony today - we'll see..........

Have a great evening :clap2: