Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

All of you are awesome! Or ALSOME as my husband says! Lol. The way I look at it is don't worry about the bounce up on normal day because by the end of week I am usually Down below the lowest low and lost a pound or so. It all comes out over the week'd time. So you can't judge if it will "hold",or at least I can't, by one or two days.

This is the first time since wls that I am not going to weigh myself that I will only be weighing once a week. It will frustrate me too much to lose on the fast days and gain it right back on a regular day. I think if I don't weigh myself , I'll actually do better because I will be afraid to eat.

I am not sure of my calories for yesterday. I ate a string cheese

deli meat and 1 slice swiss

3 baby back ribs. I took off most of the sauce

then I had a terrible Headache, so I had some greek yogurt because I didn't want to take aspirin on an empty stomach. So I think I may have been 600 calories not 500 because the yogurt was 100 calories.

Well, had my "3 year" surgiversary appt. this morning. All TEN minutes of it! lol How are you? Doing fine. Looks like you have kept your weight down and followed the guidelines. (I shake my head up and down. Not telling him otherwise! :) Let me see incisions to check for hernia. Wow, Can't hardly see them! See you next year!

And I have to pay for this. :) My bloodwork was good, though, except for Vitamin D low (as usual)

AND I weighed less today than I did LAST year! Yaay! Now, back to normal. I'm off track and feel like I need to fast today because it is my regular fast day but I fasted yesterday! Not particularly hungry either.

Anyway, hard to believe 3+ years have come and gone so quickly! Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Well' date=' had my "3 year" surgiversary appt. this morning. All TEN minutes of it! lol How are you? Doing fine. Looks like you have kept your weight down and followed the guidelines. (I shake my head up and down. Not telling him otherwise! :) Let me see incisions to check for hernia. Wow, Can't hardly see them! See you next year!

And I have to pay for this. :) My bloodwork was good, though, except for Vitamin D low (as usual)

AND I weighed less today than I did LAST year! Yaay! Now, back to normal. I'm off track and feel like I need to fast today because it is my regular fast day but I fasted yesterday! Not particularly hungry either.

Anyway, hard to believe 3+ years have come and gone so quickly! Happy Tuesday, Everyone![/quote']

Haha! No party? Well if I were there I would of sung happy 3 year surgiversary (off key of course)

Good job on being down from last year! :)

Ok fasting today wish me luck. And the husband asked me if I want to go to the gym o_o

Last night was a a fail for sure.

Hoping to turn it around today.

I am working with my trainer on tues and thurs. so I didn't want to do both my fast days on the days I work out with him. Yesterday I didn't eat until noon. Today I had a Protein Shake at 10 am. . This 12 hour thing is really helping with my night time snacking.

Does everyone else weigh once a week or every day?

How is it going today, Tuesday fasters? Week 5 fast day 1, up about 6lbs this week. Gained all the weight I lost in like 24 hrs ugh!!! Was in ER all day Sunday with bad kidney stone and dehydration. I finally passed the stone Sunday night, I had 4 IV bags of saline and pain medication. Some reason body doesnt want to let go of some of the Fluid. Hopefully with the fast today maybe the scale will move. Drinking pleanty of Water I sure dont want anymore stones or the dehydration. Good luck to everyone.

How is it going today, Tuesday fasters? Week 5 fast day 1, up about 6lbs this week. Gained all the weight I lost in like 24 hrs ugh!!! Was in ER all day Sunday with bad kidney stone and dehydration. I finally passed the stone Sunday night, I had 4 IV bags of saline and pain medication. Some reason body doesnt want to let go of some of the Fluid. Hopefully with the fast today maybe the scale will move. Drinking pleanty of Water I sure dont want anymore stones or the dehydration. Good luck to everyone.

Yep, that weight is IV! It will come off now that you are feeling better. I haven't not experienced the pleasure of kidney stones but I hear they are EXTREMELY painful!

I am working with my trainer on tues and thurs. so I didn't want to do both my fast days on the days I work out with him. Yesterday I didn't eat until noon. Today I had a Protein Shake at 10 am. . This 12 hour thing is really helping with my night time snacking.

I weigh usually everyday but I know now (after several weeks of fasting) how my weight is going to fluctuate pretty much based on fast/norm and by the end of the week (from Fri morning to next Fri. morning) I am usually down a pound or so.

How is it going today' date=' Tuesday fasters? Week 5 fast day 1, up about 6lbs this week. Gained all the weight I lost in like 24 hrs ugh!!! Was in ER all day Sunday with bad kidney stone and dehydration. I finally passed the stone Sunday night, I had 4 IV bags of saline and pain medication. Some reason body doesnt want to let go of some of the Fluid. Hopefully with the fast today maybe the scale will move. Drinking pleanty of Water I sure dont want anymore stones or the dehydration. Good luck to everyone.[/quote']

Leeann !!

I'm sorry to hear about that.. I'm glad your feeling better though. And you know that that weight gain is from IV fluids and such.

Ok I'm going to try and get 100oz of Water today so should you :D

Ok rough morning!! I was about to take a couple of family members down because I was so flipping hungry!

Just had lunch (chicken) and feel much better.

My sons friend just stopped by and said I looked "skinny" that didn't hurt :P

My sons friend just stopped by and said I looked "skinny" that didn't hurt :P

Love it, Laura! You are always good for a "pick me up" laugh or too!

I gotta 'fess... I'm a daily weigher! It is a right 'mare to see the scale jump around... but I only take 'real' notice of it on a Saturday (that was the day I was sleeved). I try not to let it affect my mood; sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't!

Not a fast day today, but I have really aware of what I am eating... I am realising that I need this awareness everyday - and that can only be good, right? There were Snacks available in work but I didn't bother... also made the hubby to a healthy tea of turkey and roast veggies... totally delish! Also went to Curves, and the trainers there told me that I had made huge improvements; that I had cracked the techniques and that I looked better. I was also told in work that I looked smaller and what a lovely flat tummy I had...lol... that lady doesn't know about my TT and she never will... I think she was fishing but I just told her that I am awesome at crunches and how wonderful Curves is for toning...heheheeeee!

I am also pushing the Water as much as I can and although I am peeing like a race horse it does seem to curb hunger and the urge to nibble!

I'm thankful for this thread... and I think Oregon's idea of creating a group is good idea... how do we do it?

Fast day tomo ... kinda looking forward to it! But, I have prom night Thursday where there will be a lot of goodies, no alcohol as I am driving... and then Friday we have a works night out and I am gonna be honest, I am gonna sink a few ciders and enjoy them... I might fast Sat to try and balance things out... see how the hang over goes...lol

Well done coops for getting it all under control again. I have lost the plot a bit as M I L ( who lives local) has been in and out of hospital for the past 10 days and it has caused a bit of stress. Unfortunately I am an emotional eater. I also claimed my previous 4lb total too early as I was so excited at seeing the lowest number on the scale and I should have waited a couple of days to see if it was real loss. It is now 2lb total and I have a fast day tomorrow. It will be interesting as S I L is staying and she does not know about the op.

Also wanted to ask you if you wanted to meet up for a coffee 1 day, we could both travel half way and meet in the middle. I have not spoken in person to another person who has had the op since I had mine, spoke on forums etc but it is not quite the same. I am in education to and we have a nice long holiday coming up.

Sorry to hear about your MIL, that does sound stressful! Horrible when family members are poorly... I hope she gets better soon. Don't worry about the SIL - I haven't told many peeps too... I rarely get comments and if I do I shrug if off!

What a great idea... I would love to meet up! Take advantage of the summer hols... where do you think would be the best place? :rolleyes:

Thanks Laura and Georgia for the pick me up. I think I have got all my Water in today, about 20oz more and Ill hit the 110oz for today. I have learned a really big lesson on dehydration I dont ever want to go there again lol. With this hot weather here in Texas it can zap all the Fluid out of you in no time. It hit 104 today.

Every day. I decided I needed to use it as a tool, to remain conscience to the facts every day... even if they don't make a lick of sense at times! I don't let it push me around to much emotionally, I have worked hard at getting to be able to see it more as the facts, and not a reflection of my worth.

Take it easy, Leann - that IV will get you but it'll all fall off shortly and I'm sure you'll be back to where you were or even lower.

Oregondaisy, I weigh daily but I only record my loss once a week. After that last week where I was down ten pounds and then back up nine I decided it's too heartbreaking to record a weight and have to make it bigger again. So I do weigh daily, only once a day, and I try not to let it discourage me if it shows a bounce. In fact, I expect a bounce so when I don't see one I'm extra thrilled.

I'm in my third week and I'm down 3.5 pounds (official...I'm actually down nearly 5 but won't count it 'till Sunday) so that average of about a pound a week seems right to me. Also, I find that even on my regular days I'm not eating as much as I was before starting 5:2 - I'm landing right around 1,200 calories and that alone is several hundred calories less than my usual.

Dare I hope that I could exceed my past goal of 135 pounds? We'll see. I'm definitely shooting for my old window of 137-141, but I'm reluctant to kill myself or make myself unhappy by intentionally choosing an unattainable goal, or one that's difficult to maintain. I had real problems staying at 135 before - just a few pounds heavier and it was easy. Maybe it's another happy weight or a set point weight thing. Who knows? We'll see how this goes, I guess.

I hope everyone that did a fast Tuesday had a good day. I was well within my calorie window and clocked in at less than 1,200 calories and got in both a formal workout (short but sweet) and ran errands for four hours this morning. I'm low enough that I think a glass of wine (or two?) is in order!

~Cheri