Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

I did enjoy my vacation and all the awesome meals yes! And though today is a holiday we are laying low. The whole family is exhausted from the trip.

I had my first meal of Greek yogurt and it feels good to be back to routine so far.

I must say I'm very emotional today though...

overeating of carbs??

I love Point Reyes by the way, it sounded like a wonderful time!

Ha, fiddle that's what I did with the damn trail mix!

I actually ate it through dinner time I never actually had a meal for dinner because I just kept eating the trail mix.... It tasted so good and went down so easy no restriction just "comfort eating" at it's best.

Me too! Luckily I quit after I eat all the M&M's :D

Happy 4th to everyone!! Its a hard day to fast. Everyone is BBQing and it smells so gooood, and all thoughs Desserts. I think Im gaining just by smelling and seeing them lol. Good luck everyone keep us updated how well it went today.

Hey!

I'm back from my trip to Spain with the school... 5 adults and 44 kids! It has been a long week but very enjoyable - the journey was by bus (coach) and took over 26 hours... that was really hard work!

I didn't manage any fast days - as I predicted.. and the way my belly is feeling I have defo gained. I won't weigh til the morning... but I am scared...lol.

I didn't go made with the food, but I did eat more than normal and also had a few glasses of wine each night which I don't normally do.

Although it is Friday tomo, I will do a fast day gotta get rid of this horrible feeling of being bloated to the verge of discomfort... that is also down to not being able to go to the toilet! I suffer terrible with Constipation - but on holiday it is always worse and I think this is half the reason I am feeling so bloated!

Wish me luck for the morning...lol

Hey!

I'm back from my trip to Spain with the school... 5 adults and 44 kids! It has been a long week but very enjoyable - the journey was by bus (coach) and took over 26 hours... that was really hard work!

I didn't manage any fast days - as I predicted.. and the way my belly is feeling I have defo gained. I won't weigh til the morning... but I am scared...lol.

I didn't go made with the food' date=' but I did eat more than normal and also had a few glasses of wine each night which I don't normally do.

Although it is Friday tomo, I will do a fast day gotta get rid of this horrible feeling of being bloated to the verge of discomfort... that is also down to not being able to go to the toilet! I suffer terrible with Constipation - but on holiday it is always worse and I think this is half the reason I am feeling so bloated!

Wish me luck for the morning...lol[/quote']

We must share intestines! Constant constipation has always been a problem for me too, even before surgery. And vacations? Forget it I never go! I'll I can say is its nice to be home ;)

Oh! happy 3rd anniversary coops!!!

We must share intestines! Consent Constipation has always been a problem for me too even before surgery. And vacations? Forget it I never go! I'll I can say is its nice to be home ;)

Oh! happy 3rd anniversary coops!!!

Does anyone know if our pooping problems ever go away? I take Miralax everyday and I go maybe once a week. That is something I miss. I could always count on going and after the surgery it has never been the same.

Does anyone know if our pooping problems ever go away? I take Miralax everyday and I go maybe once a week. That is something I miss. I could always count on going and after the surgery it has never been the same.

I'm not a good one to answer because its always been an issue..

But I would imagine if it weren't a problem before that if you adjust your diet accordingly, it will work itself out. I know butter takes a small bowl of Fiber one (original cereal) everyday and swears by it!

I'm thinking of adding it to my daily Greek yogurt.

Thats a great idea. Im gonna have to try it. I think I read somewhere about taking some kind of Probiotics or diegestive enzimes(sp?).

Thats a great idea. Im gonna have to try it. I think I read somewhere about taking some kind of Probiotics or diegestive enzimes(sp?).

Do you mean this thread?

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/85905-digestive-enzymes-are-a-miracle/page__fromsearch__1

It sounded so good that I almost stopped at GNC today but they also sell those evil Quest bars that I keep reading about and that I would be powerless over should I be in the same room with them I'm sure!

Yes that is the one. I am going tomorrow and get some and see how it does. Protien bars are the devils candy, with the chocolate and peanut butter.lol

I eat a cup of bran flakes, like potato chips, on my way to work.. I've never had a poopin issue, but it's worth a mention if it's an idea for others.

Also ground flax seeds in yogurt is really yummy too.. Makes it crunchy

I've just started on a probiotic because I have had the opposite of Constipation since surgery. It seems to already be helping and I am only on day 5 of taking it. I've hardly ever in my life been constipated but have had periodic attacks of the other thing throughout my life. My nutritionist said to get the probiotic with the most different strains that I could find (mine has 4) and to take it for a month, then go off it for a couple weeks and if I feel like I'm going backward, take another month's worth. She said I may need a "tune up" once or twice a year. She did say it can help for other bowel issues than diarrhea too.

It comes in capsules and needs to be kept in the fridge.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I normally add flax seeds to my food to help with no 2s! I also use benefibre in Hot Drinks. But whilst I was away I didn't have them with me and boy, am I suffering for it!

Although I don't 'go' every day, I know that they do help as before I used them I would be lucky if I went once a week!

Try the flax seeds... can't do any harm!

Flax seeds actually just go right through if they are whole. Your body can't get to the Fiber. Ground ones will work better, as does psyllium husk. I like to add a teaspoon of psyllium husk to foods it will disappear into (chili, stews, Breakfast cereal). Psyllium husk is the generic of Metamucil.