Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Christmas PB

I probably would too but it seems like a good way to eat smaller portions. I have a tendency to get stuck.

Pbs can happen at the strangest times. I was Christmas shopping in Sears. I was at the perfume counter waiting for the clerk to wrap the gifts I bought, I was feeling rather unconfortable when suddenly I knew it was going to happen. I asked the clerk if I could have a bag, that I was going to be ill. She promptly handed me a bag. I told her that I would be right back to get purchases. I walked as fast as I could to find a place that I could be somewhere to do it in private. I was in the ladies' clothing department when it happened. I ducked behind a rack of clothes when it happened. I'm pretty sure no one saw me. I found a garbage can to get rid of the evidence then I went back to the perfume counter, the clerk said " false alarm?". I said yeah.

Omigawd, Wheezy! That is one of those stories that seems kinda funny in retrospect but awful at the time. Thanks for sharing.

I've PB'd in my car a few times... always into cups or empty Water bottles that happen to be on the floor in the backseat. I stopped eating in the car. hahaha.

On my 2nd anniversary me and hubby went to dinner at a nice resturant and I got shrimp stuck. I went to the bathroom three times and pb'd and the waiter came over and asked if the food was bad. I was SOOOO embarrassed. My hubby told him I had lapband surgery and food gets stuck sometimes so then the waiter was hovering over us asking me constantly if I needed anything. I hate that!!!

Thanks for sharing. I have to tell you that there were certain bits of information about the band that I withheld from my mate. I never told him about sliming and the PBs. I figured that the $16Gs and the operation would be shock enough. :speechles

And if any of you remember my earliest posts, the dude did spend the time while I was being operated on drinking big beers at a nearby restaurant. Such was dh's stress! :tired

Anyhow, I only came clean about the PB problem on the drive home from his parents' house after my first ever PB. He was kinda fascinated and has been talking about them ever since. Seems that they are up there with farts, eh. Men are so gross. And Green is so amused! :) (Sometimes she suspects that she is part woman, part frat boy............:faint: )

I had my second PB on the morning of the 31st. I lost my morning meds and Vitamin D while I was at the computer. Good thing that I have a garbage basket in the vicinity! bleh!!! And to add to this annoyance I lost all restriction by dinner time and ate too much food at the Chinese restaurant. Damn!

I am still not clear on what pb is. Is that just throwing up from eating too much or is it something to do with getting food caught in the band? I am confused! Also, I have not threw up or anything; but I did eat too much for the first time at a New Year's Party yesterday and felt ill as a result. Nothing happened. I just stopped eating and sat down for a while and felt better a couple of hours later.

A PB or Productive Burp happens when what you have just swallowed gets stuck in your upper G.I. tract and will not budge. At first you feel as though you have just swallowed a golf ball. The object hurts and it simply will not move. Then you begin to drool or "slime" and sometimes you find that you are unable to swallow this drool because everything feels so tight. Then you sick up what you have swallowed and everything is more or less okay. It is different from puking. The offending object simply bounces up and out. This happens when the band is tight or when you have swallowed a big bit of something. Lap bands are often much tighter in the morning or when you are feeling some degree of stress.

Green.....I think I met your husband in the waiting room at TLBC. I'm pretty sure, during a fill appointment. I remember a husband waiting for his wife, came back twice from drinking beer to see if it was time to visit his wife yet.....LOL. What was the date of surgery?

Carol