Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Butterflies and Rainbows with our American Drs.

it's posts like this that make this place less than comfortable' date=' or useful. I'm new to this forum, but was on www.lapbandtalk.com for years. we had some of the bitchyness, but it seems to be more negative here than useful. I'm not sure I even want to stick around here. I joined 3 sleeve forums, and this one seems to be the most nitpicky, snarky and the people here seem quick to judge others on everything from their food choices, to their choice of their doctor. it's sad, really.

I'd like to think the negative is more the exception than the rule, however, it does stand out more.

Stick around. There is a lot of support here and more often than not we are a great group. We're human. Flawed. Works in progress inside and out.

it's posts like this that make this place less than comfortable' date=' or useful. I'm new to this forum, but was on www.lapbandtalk.com for years. we had some of the bitchyness, but it seems to be more negative here than useful. I'm not sure I even want to stick around here. I joined 3 sleeve forums, and this one seems to be the most nitpicky, snarky and the people here seem quick to judge others on everything from their food choices, to their choice of their doctor. it's sad, really.

It's very high schoolish. There is good support you eventually recognize the mean girls and the wannabes and learn to avoid them.

WoW! All I can say is that this forum helped me decide to go forward with my surgery. My insurance company does not cover any kind of WLS so I thought I would never be able to get it. For me, I believe this is a life-saving measure. I have high blood pressure, diabetes, back pain, asthma, etc. It is hard to perform daily tasks including working for a living. I do not want to go into debt to finance my surgery and finding out about Mexico was a true blessing. All I can say is my sincere thanks to all those who have shared their Mexican experiences on this board. It has made me feel more comfortable with my choice. And remember...if you don't have something nice to say....don't say anything! :)

What other forums do you use? This was the only one I came across, but that could be because I just searched the apps on my iPhone. I'm interested in joining others for the same reasons you have mentioned.

It's very high schoolish. There is good support you eventually recognize the mean girls and the wannabes and learn to avoid them.

You think this is bad? You should have seen my pregnancy forum! Imagine 10,000 pregnant woman with raging hormones! This is nothing ;) lol

What other forums do you use? This was the only one I came across' date=' but that could be because I just searched the apps on my iPhone. I'm interested in joining others for the same reasons you have mentioned.[/quote']

I am also on Gastricsleeve.com. It is a good one, I think.

I was trying so hard not to post - but ahhhh - made me sad and a bit ashamed. I had to go outside for many many reasons and it's the best decision for me. I really don't understand the goal of the OP? If this is a support board how is this supportive at all? I often scroll past stuff I don't get, am interested in, or want to be a part of- why are long Mexico posts so threatening ??? Anyway, I hope we all try to get along and support each other on our journeys whether we left out stomachs outside the border in the grand USA!!! I need support and answers, not to feel like I do this morning. Oh well. Good luck everyone !!!

To those offput by this post, please allow me to offer my apologies. We are working very hard to stop the negativity and make VST a friendly, supportive community. I feel things have gotten better recently, and we are continuing to work at eliminating the "nastiness and venom" as some of you have put it. However, we can only do this with your help. VST is a large community, and Alex and I manage it basically with just the two of us. Therefore, please report posts that you feel are inappropriate or a violation of forum rules, and we will respond.

Thank you.

OP, I am very new here and I have actually found some good advice over the past few months from you. However, something has changed of late, including this post and the other offensive "cant fix stupid" post.

Not sure what's changed or what's going on with you but your tone has really changed in the past couple weeks. You are 3 years+ out, why the heck are you going onto a friendly forum and stirring the pot now? You should be blissfully enjoying your success and not even giving a thought to this forum at 3+ successful years.

Enjoy your success as you have, but the negativity and name calling aren't welcome here. I respected you as a poster I always read, but you have completely changed that in the past couple weeks with your venomous posts.

Do you need some support too on an issue that's driving all this pot stirring??

it's posts like this that make this place less than comfortable, or useful. I'm new to this forum, but was on www.lapbandtalk.com for years. we had some of the bitchyness, but it seems to be more negative here than useful. I'm not sure I even want to stick around here. I joined 3 sleeve forums, and this one seems to be the most nitpicky, snarky and the people here seem quick to judge others on everything from their food choices, to their choice of their doctor. it's sad, really.

No, don't leave and don't think it's always like this. It is not. Welcome to the VGS forum!! I was on it for seven months prior to surgery and I got a lot of valuable information.

OP, I am very new here and I have actually found some good advice over the past few months from you. However, something has changed of late, including this post and the other offensive "cant fix stupid" post.

Not sure what's changed or what's going on with you but your tone has really changed in the past couple weeks. You are 3 years+ out, why the heck are you going onto a friendly forum and stirring the pot now? You should be blissfully enjoying your success and not even giving a thought to this forum at 3+ successful years.

Enjoy your success as you have, but the negativity and name calling aren't welcome here. I respected you as a poster I always read, but you have completely changed that in the past couple weeks with your venomous posts.

Do you need some support too on an issue that's driving all this pot stirring??

Today is THREE years for me, and thank you! Actually it's only been less than a week ago that all the nastiness began, I THINK - although it may seem like longer. Nothing is wrong, but all the Mexico posts just kept on and on and on....when I saw one post praising some doc down there and acting like it's the best medical care they'd EVER had, basically putting down the U.S. doctors, I had just had enough. After a few posts, it was like a free for all. Forgive me, the 'filter' is in place again! :) Have a great day!

What other forums do you use? This was the only one I came across, but that could be because I just searched the apps on my iPhone. I'm interested in joining others for the same reasons you have mentioned.

There is also http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/ I like it, but I didn't find it as useful as this one.

You think this is bad? You should have seen my pregnancy forum! Imagine 10,000 pregnant woman with raging hormones! This is nothing ;) lol

Jessica - I am referring to the forum as a whole not just this thread. As I pointed out earlier there was almost an identical thread and some of the same users here participated in it - but did not attack the OP as they did on this one.....

Today is THREE years for me' date=' and thank you! Actually it's only been less than a week ago that all the nastiness began, I THINK - although it may seem like longer. Nothing is wrong, but all the Mexico posts just kept on and on and on....when I saw one post praising some doc down there and acting like it's the best medical care they'd EVER had, basically putting down the U.S. doctors, I had just had enough. After a few posts, it was like a free for all. Forgive me, the 'filter' is in place again! :) Have a great day![/quote']

I think a lot of times people rave about Mexico because its surprising. There's a stigma that your going to some third world country being cut with rusty blades lol. I'm sure they are just pleasantly surprised and want to share, since its cheaper then self pay in the US. I'm lucky enough where my insurance covers 100% because I know I couldn't afford it. People almost expect US doctors to be good. That's why you don't hear so much. But I'll brag about my doctor! Dr. Angstadt from NY is amazing!! It may not be Texas, but it's just as good :)

And I agree with the previous poster, I've seen from very nice posts from you in the past! And congrats on your 3 year surgiversary!