Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello guys. No intent on being stereotypical.....but hey, most men love a cold beer. Problem is...good old American lager is way on the fizzy side and bloats our new stomachs. I know some people with a sleeve can drink lager beer or soda pop just fine post-op...but I cannot. It painfully bloats me and I have to drink ridiculously slow/small sips of beer or soda. I've never been a huge soda pop fan anyway....but I do enjoy an occasional beer. So, I've discovered the joy of English Ales/Stouts when I was on vacation in London last month. "Cream" style some call it. The bonus....no fizz...very little to no carbonation=no bloat. A few I can recommend we can buy here in the states: Tetley's Ale, Guinness Draught, London Pride Ale, and Boddingtons. I'm sure there are lots of other beers in this style...these are just a few I've had lately. These come in cans with a "Nitro" tab inside that makes froth...not fizz. Also, for you calorie conscious types....Guinness Draught (not the Stout version) has only 126 calories in a 15 oz can...for comparison a Bud Light has 110 calories in a 12 oz can.

Cheers and drink in good health/moderation.

I crave very little of my old diet, but man, do I miss having a Guiness from time to time. I was actually wondering about how it might be compared to regular beer.

I had a half glass of wine last week, my first alcohol in five months (my postoperative period), and only the second drink in eight months, and hoooolyyyy god, did I feel it.

Also take a look at some of the barleywines that are out there. I just picked up some Sierra Nevada Big Foot Ale. No bubbles, really get ale taste. One bottle is a bit up there calorie wise, AND alcohol wise, but a half of a bottle poured Italian style (small juice style glass) does a really good job.

I am almost two months out since my surgery. Anyone know when I can start drinking (in moderation of course)? <_<

My surgeon told me no carbonated beverage of any kind and that means beer.

I am almost two months out since my surgery. Anyone know when I can start drinking (in moderation of course)? <_<

I started drinking at 6 weeks out. Try a small sip first to see how it feels. Don't go crazy or anything the first time as tolerance changes post op. and, keep in mind that alcohol is liquid calories and adjust your day accordingly.

Sorry! Didnt realize this was in the men's room!!!