Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think it's time

Hello all.

I'm Tim from NE ohio, married and the father of 2 great kids. I'm 37, and as the years have passed, I've gotten bigger than I thought I ever would. Most people know I'm a big guy, but are surprised to hear I am in the 350lb. range. And at 6', I'm past a quick diet helping.

I also have a bad left ankle, asthma, and high cholesterol. I've been feeling terrible about myself, and my health for along time.

I've been researching the lapband because I don't feel I need to go as drastic as the other options out there. Just need a kick in the butt, I guess.

I just wanted to say Hello. I'll spend more time reading all the great info here, than posting. I appreciate the help.

Also, if anyone in the NE Ohio area knows of a good Doctor to recommed, that'd be great.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

Tim

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing the information about yourself. Unfortunately I do not know of any doctors in Ohio, but I have a follow up apt. with my doctor this coming Monday and I can ask. I'll let you know what I find out.

I would agree that going with the lap band is less drastic plus it is also a non invassive procedure as well as reversible in the event you would need to. But keep in mind that, after you find a qualified doctor in your area, with a lot of experience in bariatric surgeries, he or she will be able to evaluate your situation and suggest what might be more beneficial for you.

One suggestion would be to contact the American Association of Bariatric Surgery, at 100 SW 75th Street, Suite 201, Gainesville, FL 32607

p. 352-331-4900

f. 352-331-4975

info@asbs.org

and see if they can recommend a board certified surgeon in your area.

Best of luck

Athina

Hi Tim

Welcome! I just wanted to tell you that there is a Doctor on this board who goes by the screen name of DR.C, you can usually find him in the complications section of this board. He is from Ohio and seems like a fantastic doctor and guy. I wish I lived near him so I could be his patient!! Good luck!

Missy

Hi, and welcome to LBT!

This board has lots of info and support, and I wish you well as you continue to investigate your options. I am extremely pleased with my choice to take my health seriously, and it has been the best decision I have ever made!

Happy reading!