Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I've never had a problem with reflux (pre or post banding) until my last fill in June 05. I have a total of 1.2 cc in my band. My restriction seems comfortable and I am pretty much maintaining my weight.

Around June 05, I began having reflux about 2 nights a week. You know the waking up coughing in-the-middle of the night.

Now, the reflux is most nights. Maybe 5-7 nights a week. I try not to eat too close to bedtime. I sleep propped up with my pillows. I've done the Tums or Nexium...they don't seem to do much.

The problem is I sleep on my stomach and it is pretty much the way I prefer and get the most rest.

I don't, of course, want to get unfilled but I feel that may end up happening. All sorts of fears are surfacing as I don't want to gain any weight.

Has anyone gone through this and if so do you have any comments/suggestions.

I get reflux from hell if I am too tight. Even the best case scenario for me means taking Nexium daily and nothing except Water after about 8 PM.

If this came on suddenly and is not associated with a new fill you may need to get it checked out via a swallow test under fluoro. You could have a mild slip.

Thanks Carlene for the response! Thankfully, the reflux has come on gradually. However, I still will ask for a swallow test in January. Frankly, the waking up at night is exhausting. I feel I never get a chance for REM sleep.

I will try to not eat too close to bedtime (within 2 hours) and see if I can control. However, most days I don't. Soooo, kinda hit and miss.

Shawn

Shawn, please keep me updated on what you find out. I have not had any changes in fill since Mar 2006. I have the right restriction for here - Lilongwe is higher altitude and that affects me.

I started having reflux in Sept. It increased alot since then. But last week when I was on vacation, it pretty much went away. I am thinking its stress. Unfortunately, for me to see a dr for this, I would have to fly to Europe or US.

The strange thing is, when I do everything right (eat early, no alcohol, prop up, etc) and still get reflux, its at about 3:30-4 am. That is why I think its stress.

Any words of wisdom will help. Thanks. Celeste

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches