Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 7/23/04

Guest LucyM

Guest LucyM

Hi,

I was banded 7/23/04 by Dr Rodriquez in Acuna. All went perfect. Dr Rod was the best dr that I have been to in a long time. He also answers his cel phone (which he gives you the number at his office and cel) I had called him and asked questions and e-mailed him both before surgery. He responded with a reply right away. He has an excellent bed side manner. He is kind and caring. I would go to him again in a heart beat. As for the hospital and the nurses and care I got there, I could have not asked for any better. Barbara ia an Angel. She is right there by your side if you need anything and walks you through everything. In a whole I had an excellent experience and I am home doing great.

I am now on my journey to a new life and a new me.

Thank you all for your posts, I read them all and have learned alot from you.

LucyM

7/23/04

Dr Rod Acuna

265/260/150

Congratulations Lucy!

I'm so glad to hear everything went well and you are home recooperating. I'm getting banded this Friday, so it's nice to hear that people are doing well. I can't wait! Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

How bad do those incisions feel? :ermm

Hi Lucy!

I was banded on the 19th and we are at the same weight right now! How tall are you? I'm 5'51/2". It's amazing how everyday we feel so much better, isn't it! I too had a great surgeon, and a great hospital experience!

Tina, a heating pad and some liquid tylenol take care of those incisions!

Take care ladies!

Hi Lucy,

Having a doctor THAT available is almost unheard of. You are very blessed to have found him. Where in Texas is he located?

Good luck with you new journey!

Hi Lucy

Congratulations to you. Being banded is the best decision I have ever made for myself. You are one of the lucky ones to have a doctor who answers his cell phone..I have the same thing in my doctor, once I called him and he was at dinner with his family in a Mexican restaraunt where I could here the mariachis playing in the background and he was kind enough to take my call and answer my questions. You don't get that here in the US with the doctors that is for sure! This is a great support board, everyone here is so friendly and supportive you will enjoy it here!

Good Luck to you

Guest LucyM

Tina good luck on you banding on Friday. You will do fine. I was scared but now I look back and there was nothing to be scared of.

Debra I am 5'6 about the same height. The sugar free Jello is not that bad. I have gotten use to it. The only problem I have is keeping the boys out of the stuff I am suppose to be drinking/eating..lol they want it.

Paula Yes I am blessed to have such a good Dr. I e-mailed him this morning and asked him one question and under 10 min he had answered me. I know this won't be this quick all the time he will be in surgery etc.

Michelle and you all thank you for the kind words. This is a great board with friendly people.

Thanks

LucyM

Welcome Lucy!! Congratulations on your great experience!! Good luck with your liquids phase!! I'm doing liquids right now too - for the second time around. :cool:

CONGRATS LUCY

GOOD LUCK TINA

Glad that this board is a good resource for you as well as for me. I am so happy that Darcy suggested I come and check it out.

Congratulations on your band surgery Lucy. Sounds like you have a great surgeon. Good luck!

Guest LucyM

Hi,

I want to thank you all for the wonderful replies to my post. Today is day 9 and I am on liquids still and doing great. I did weigh this morning and have lost a considerable amount of weight which most was Water. I was swollen and full of it but not now sence surgery.

I feel great and am excired about losing the inches and the weight. I have a long way to go and I will take it one step at a time. But I AM EXCITED. Thanks to all of you for your posts and encouragement. You all are wonderful. I would not have had the band surgery if it were not for you all. I read the posts everyday.

Thank you ALL

Lucy

Dr Rodriques Acuna

7/23/2004

265/248/150

Wonderful!!! Glad you're doing well!! Keep it up girl!!:banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny :banana