Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cross fit WOD and other info

I want to start a fitness thread where people who cross fit can post their WOD or ask questions cross fit related. I am a fairly new cross fitter at around 3 months. It does not matter how long you have been cross fitting. Please share your experiences.

I will start. Today, my workout:

Warmup:

1 mile run at 6 minutes

15 air squats

15 pushups

15 lunges

15 pull ups

lots of stretching, especially hamstring.

WOD:

For 7 sets

235 lb DL at 10 rep

Pushups at 7 rep

Ght sit ups at 7 rep

Box jumps at 7 rep

dumbbell s*n*a*t*c*h*e*s at 7 rep and 45 lb

Toe to bar at 7 rep

Vups at 7 reps

Kettle ball swing at 7 rep and 45 lb

400 m run (sprint)

Time: 19 min and 45 seconds

Preworkout: c4 and catalyst

Postworkout: AMRAP bar

I felt good today about this workout as finished it and did not feel like on verge of passing out. Felt great! Also I did everything raw today, no bands or modifications. That made me feel good about progress.

Please feel free to post all things cross fit to share with others.

I love this!! I worked yesterday and today but I will post my last WOD so they others can see what I do at my Crossfit box.

Warm-up:

All of the following x2:

- 250m row

- 20m toy soldier

- 15 air squats

- 1 minute shoulder opener

- 15 push-ups

- 1 minute banded squat stretch

WOD:

- 600m farmer carry (15# dumbells)

- 20 butterfly sit-ups

- 15 ball slams (16# ball)

- man makers (15# Dumbells)

- 400m farmer carry

- 20 sit-ups

- 15 ball slams

- 5 man makers

- 200m farmer carry

- 20 sit-ups

- 15 ball slams

- 5 man makers

Bonus:

- 60 second hollow body hold

Cool-down:

- 200m row

- 20m duck walk

- quad wall stretch

- split stretch

- forearm wall stretch.

I drank a Protein shake with extra glutamine for recovery post workout.

That is quite a nice Cross fit session. I hope others follow your lead and we can create a thread that helps everyone out with ideas or helps solve individual blocking issues.

Another great tool that I have is the WODzilla app.it lets you record the WODs and pick WODs to complete. It has a complete list of the Crossfit designated ones and has details of what exercises they're comprised of. Well worth the money.

Tally - thanks for that app tip. I don't know if it is just me or what, but -for the life of me - I cannot do a workout using aps on my phone or IPad. I need to use a DVD, a trainer, my own plan, but I find the idea of playing with a mobile app during a workout really distracting. Maybe I am just not in the habit of it. Don't know. That being said, I did download the "be your own gym" app and even paid for it. I have yet to use it, along with a few other fitness apps I have downloaded. :( need to get better at using those. I am more of a DVD person when it comes to interacting with a non live human being for my workouts.

Here is what I am doing every week:

Monday: push strength dumbbells (12-10-8-8x using 35-50 lb Per dumbbell)

Tuesday: morning- Ab workout with PT roller and DVD training DVD. Afternoon - cross fit with my personal trainer

Wednesday: leg strength dumbbells (12-10-8-8x using 40-55 lb per dumbbell)

Thursday: morning - Ab workout with PT roller and DVD training DVD. Afternoon - cross fit with my personal trainer

Friday: pull strength dumbbells (12-10-8-8x using 20-35 lb per dumbbell)

Saturday: bob Harper " inside out " DVD. Good circuit exercises for full body @ 10-12 lb per dumbbell

Sunday: wii fitness ( going to add - just picked up balance board and fitness games for cheap a gsale)

I increase my weights by 5 lb almost every week.

I did just get the "be your own gym" DVD set yesterday and am super psyched about working this into my fitness during the week, perhaps cycling on/off with my dumbbell strength training I do now.

How can I integrate the "be your own gym" program? I need 3 x a week. Need some advice from others on this!!! I am going to master the " be your own gym" programs starting with beginner and moving up to advanced. These will really help my over all fitness for competing in cross fit. I am super excited about achieving elite fitness with this program as the instructor trained special ops for most of his career and this program is the same type of workout they use.

Notice I am not doing cardio per say I stopped cardio about a month ago as it is a muscle eater. If i am going to do cardio, i am going to run 5 k or 10 k. i have some races coming up in the summer time which i want to do and am very well trained at running a 22 minute 5 k or 45 minute 10 k from lots and lots of daily running earlier in this year. now with cross fit, I try and bust out 6 minute miles and do run 1-2 miles before every workout at a slower speed to warmup before strength training. Besides the cross fit and circuit training give my target and max heart rate a good friendly hello for 30-60 minutes at a time. Cross fit WOD averages 30 minutes a session ( other 30 minutes is warmup, stretching and improving technique and trying 1-2 rep heavy weights) where circuit training is 1 hour.

I do abide by the 1 hour rule per day. I just do not have much more time given a demanding job and family life.

Now that it is summer, I am going for hikes on the weekend in my area and am thinking about participating in a hiking meet up group this year. Good chance to hike a lot and make some friends in the process.

Tally- I keep looking at your cross fit session every day and am always super impressed by it!! Thanks for motivating me!

I've been so interested in starting cross fit , can you guys point me in the starting line? What exercises to do how many reps what's your resource ?

Aaron - I think you just need to do it, as the 'Nike' ads say. My starting position was very much like you - ground zero.

One day I just decided to put my foot in a cross fit box and just do it. Now I took the more expensive route of hiring the gym owner as my personal trainer. We do our own WOD that is different from the WOD that everyone else does for open gym. However, it is still just as awesome. See my last cross fit session above. I look forward to an hour of focused full body workouts 2 x a week. It is so much fun and she does a super job at cheering me on when I am fading and in training me about all the technical lifts.

I am planning on participating in open gym by end of the summer (October), once I get technique rock solid and can actually bust out the WOD with the best cross fitters in the gym. I have a long ways to get to that point, but so far have been on a really good progression in the last few months, being able to do all these bodyweight and weight exercises without bands or other assistance. A trainer might really help you get started if you are brand new like I was a few months ago.

I just walked into my local box and haven't looked back. Best decision I made. Here are two more WODs that I did the last couple of days.

Saturday:

Warm-up:

- 400m row

*all the following twice:

- 10m E2IT (elbows to inner thigh lunge)

- 10m Samson stretch

- 10m stripper bent knee

- 10 sit-ups

- 10 each arm stretch

Last:

- Banded hip opener stretch.

WOD: time 17:58

2 rounds of the following for time:

- 15 heavy back squat (35#)

- 20 DB Push Press (15#)

- 15 atomic sit-ups (10#)

- 20 Tire Flips

- 15 Hand Release push ups

- 100m sled push (I did a 200m row instead because of my knee)

- 15 dips

Bonus:

50 RWBS (10#) - these are sit-ups that you use a medicineball. When you come up you toss the ball up and go back down when you catch it.

Cool Down:

- 20m lunges (slow)

- reverse banded scorpion

- banded split stretch.

Monday:

Warm-up:

- 400m row

- 10m stripper pose

- 1 min split stretch

- 10m inch worm

- 1 min shoulder opener

WOD:

*skill/strength training: Deadlifts 5 sets of 3 (#: 55, 85, 105, 105, 105)

**15 min OTM (on the minute):

- 3 HSPU (Handstand push ups. I kneeled off of a 20" box to do a modified handstand push up).

- 6 burpees

- cashout: 1200m row. You row the distance as hard and fast as you can. I finished in 5:29.

Bonus:

Tabata sit-ups with a 15# weight. Go for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds.

Cool down:

- reverse arm circles

- 10 scorpions

- 10 good morning holds (30 sec x 4)

- 200m jog.

Those were my last two sessions. I'm looking forward to my box adding a 7:30 pm outlaw class that I can do after work. I love this stuff!!

Talley - you are so bad-ass, if you don't mind me saying so. Your cross fit sessions are awe inspiring. Thanks for continuing to share. I had a good cross fit session, although not nearly as bad ass. Someday !!

Warmup:

1 mile run

Two sets of

15 sit-ups

15 push ups

15 pull ups

15 lunges

15 air squats

Strength technique ( not timed):

Alternating back squats with burpees

10 squats at 100 and 1 burpee

9 squats at 120 and 2 burpee

8 squats at 140 and 3 burpee

7 squats at 160 and 4 burpee

6 squats at 180 and 5 burpee

5 squats at 200 and 6 burpee

4 squats at 220 and 7 burpee

3 squats at 240 and 8 burpee

2 squats at 260 and 9 burpee

1 squats at 280 and 10 burpee

Spotted on 4-1 squat sets. Almost did not get up on 2 and 1 set. :)

WOD (timed):

50 sit-ups w 20 lb ball and 50 jump ropes

40 sit-ups w 20 lb ball and 40 jump ropes

30 sit-ups w 20 lb ball and 30 jump ropes

20 sit-ups w 20 lb ball and 20 jump ropes

10 sit-ups w 20 lb ball and 10 jump ropes

Completed in 6 min and 5 seconds.

Cool down(2 set):

2 min plank

Elevated plank 10 rep ( not sure what to call this. I hold in high push-up for 5 seconds, low up push- up for 5 seconds, repeat)

2 min wall sit

anyone - I am new to cross fit and do not know yet how I fit in with "good times" for the above WOD, as I do one on one WOD with PT. Is this a "good" time? I was going as humanly fast as I could on the sit-ups with 20 lb ball from floor behind head to toes. My abs will feel this one tomorrow. :)

anyone - I am new to cross fit and do not know yet how I fit in with "good times" for the above WOD' date=' as I do one on one WOD with PT. Is this a "good" time? I was going as humanly fast as I could on the sit-ups with 20 lb ball from floor behind head to toes. My abs will feel this one tomorrow. :)[/quote']

The best thing about Crossfit is that you are ALWAYS competing against yourself no matter who else is around. So I use WODzilla to track my WODs. This way I can look back and see how I did on the same WOD at a different time. I strive for better time, heavier weights or more reps. Any form of progress is positive. I worry more about good technique than time though. Time and reps and increased weights will come if I keep my technique up to snuff. And you're doing great too! I say that no matter how bad of a day we have, we are always lapping everyone on the couch.