Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow, and get sleeved on Monday.

I realized today is my last day to enjoy any food of any kind I want. I know that's sounds silly...and bad LOL But, it's true. So, while I was food shopping for my liquid stuff, I'm walking down the aisle's and thinking to myself how I probably won't be eating many of those things again. Then I started to get depressed :( Is that bad? I'm mourning my food already! LOL When I think about it logically it sounds silly to me, but I can't help how I feel.

Is anyone else going through this too?

It's normal, but don't think about what you can't have.. Think about what you're going to have. A new healthier you and a lot thinner and happy you. Look around and you can see yourself as one of those happy healthy thin people. It's a natural high or me

No, it's not silly. You will eventually be able to enjoy your favorites again, in moderation, at a later date. For now try and concentrate on doing the best you can pre-op, so that you will have the best outcome!

Best of luck to you!

Actually you will either chose not to have those foods or you will have them in smaller portion sizes. This is not a diet that's all or nothing, there are in between portion sizes. This is a new journey that helps us get back on track to healthier eating habits and Portion Control. I myself have chosen to eat Proteins and veggies and some carbs. I do not eat bread, Pasta, rice, etc because I don't really want them. I love my Protein and am beginning to enjoy my veggies now. i use to hate them. Oh and I really love my nuts.... I totally enjoy my good health too......That's a bonus..... :)

Do not judge how you act pre-op compared to post op there's no comparisons and how you will do later and you won't miss the food is much as you think and after time especially after you reach goal you be able to eat those words again, just not as much. GOD BLESS PRAYERS!!!

They actually discussed food mourning with my class. It is real but has to be dealt with rationally

I start liquids Monday and I'm going through the same thing like a food and alcohol funeral :( I know I will be happy when all done but its a weird feeling to have . Good luck on your journey to thinness :)

I began my liquid diet today and the hardest part for me isn't the hunger it's chewing. I believe the pre op diet shows how we relate to food on an individual basis. It will be a change but not everything will be off limits. Portion Control is what I keep hearing from fellow sleeved coworkers. It'll be worth it!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! I'm glad I'm not alone with this :) Yes, once the weight starts coming off I'm sure my whole mentality will change. But, of course, it's new...and it's scary. Maybe chewing gum will help with the "need to chew"? I'm in that boat too LOL

I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow' date=' and get sleeved on Monday.

I realized today is my last day to enjoy any food of any kind I want. I know that's sounds silly...and bad LOL But, it's true. So, while I was food shopping for my liquid stuff, I'm walking down the aisle's and thinking to myself how I probably won't be eating many of those things again. Then I started to get depressed :( Is that bad? I'm mourning my food already! LOL When I think about it logically it sounds silly to me, but I can't help how I feel.

Is anyone else going through this too?[/quote']

I will be sleeved come July 16th. I also began to count down the days until I have to start my preop diet. I kept thinking of all the foods I will not be able to enjoy any longer and thought I should take advantage of the days I have left. However, I then thought ....why? I have made the choice to consume healthier foods as a kick start to my new life choices. :)