Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I am soooo happy to find this forum. The other night I was feeling very down and pretty lonely.

A little bit of history of myself. I am a 44(yikes when did that happen ) year old women:confused: I am a mother: daughter 25.5 yrs and son 5.5 yrs :D , a grandmother : 9 month old little guy : a wife, a sister 9 brothers and sisters, well my life is full.

My weight began as I hit the dreaded puberty ages, lost weight when I was in the second year of high school and kept it off until the birth of my daughter. Thats when the fight began, up down and back up again, more and more each time. Then 20 years later I had my son (my little miracle) but I suffered from what I thought was terrible post partum depression , as my son turned almost 2 I knew it had to be more. After speaking with my doctor on several occassion he finally sent me for a sleep study and as it turns out I have severe sleep apnea and am now on a machine.

Ofcourse the numbers on the scale just kept climbing (threw 5 scales out at this time , they just had to be wrong :) )

3 years ago I started my search on weight loose and came across gastric bypass, was very unsure of that but knew I needed something to help in my fight, then I read about Lap Band and knew I had found what I was looking for. Ofcourse I live in a very small town (nothing available here ) but I am 2 hours from the big city of Chicago.

I was Banded 12/12/02 the very first ever at Northwestern Hospital. It took 2 years from the first time seeing the surgeon until my date.

Until this forum I didn't know what was going on. I was depressed because I was not losing the weight I saw on other people (all were RNY) I have lost 68 pounds . I couldn't ask others about fills or my port. Even my surgeon ,whom I adore, was unsure how to answer, as #1 he has never had the surgery and #2 we both are learning this one together.

Then I found you :banana

I came in the other day and just started reading . I found myself saying , yeah yeah me too me too, I have experienced that also, and oh thank you wonderful advise I think I will try that, and oh that's what those crazy hiccups are. I have the found the people to be very helpful , informative and funny.

Alexandra you are amazing

Wednesday : kudos to you for sticking around after your wonderful success and helping others

Everyone seems so very real and down to earth here. So after this long page I say to all.......THANK YOU :laugh

Welcome!

68 pounds since December is AWESOME!! You are doing great!

I love how you just "knew" that the band was for you and you fought to get it! It really helps being around others that are in the same situation that you are!

I didn't find a lapband support group until I was almost 10 months post-op. I felt like a failure because I was comparing myself to people who had the RNY despite having lost 95lbs in 10 months.

Support groups are the best!

So glad you found us. We all have to thank Alex for creating this new board. Before this most of us went to SPOTLIGHT HEALTH, as did Alex, but he saw a need for more and he created this about 2 weeks ago.

I am 5 weeks post op, I don't have a scale (thank God), and I am having my first fill next monday (thank God, thank God, thank God). I can't wait. I don't think I lost a lot of weight so far and it's so nice to know (thank to this board) that this is normal.

Keep up the good work and keep posting!

Lori

My heart is warm and fuzzy reading your post, onemoment! Wednesday's right--68 lbs is a fantastic loss, congratulations!!And just think, your band will be with you permanently to help keep the learning going.

Keep posting! You have a lot to share for us newbies and we need your voice of successful experience! :)

WOW!

It was all worth the effort putting this forum together just to read your post!

68 Pounds is nothing to laugh at! You lost a little over 2 pounds each week which is very normal. According to what I've read, you should be loosing 1-2 pounds every week.

How many fills have you had so far ?

Let us know how things go!