Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date changed from the 12th to tomorrow 06-05

I received a call from my doctor's office telling me my date has changed and surgery is tomorrow at 3:00 pm. I am in shock, happy but in shock. I know my doctor told me to go on Clear Liquids 24 hours prior to surgery but since they changed the time I was having lunch when I received the call. I feel a knot in my stomach because I am worried that because I ate (chicken breast and cucumber salad) I will not be able to have surgery tomorrow. I don't know what to do now

when did you eat the chicken and cucumber salad? my advice is to tell the nurses/anesthesiologist when you check in to the hospital exactly what and when you last ate and let them decide if it is safe for you to have the surgery

when did you eat the chicken and cucumber salad? my advice is to tell the nurses/anesthesiologist when you check in to the hospital exactly what and when you last ate and let them decide if it is safe for you to have the surgery

It was around 2:30 when I received the call, the assistant said it should be fine because my surgery would be 24 hours later, but with all due respect she is not the surgeon and I called my doctor and no call back yet. I spoke to the anesthesiologist and he said he was concerned with what happens after midnight. So no liquids after midnight tonight.

It was around 2:30 when I received the call' date=' the assistant said it should be fine because my surgery would be 24 hours later, but with all due respect she is not the surgeon and I called my doctor and no call back yet. I spoke to the anesthesiologist and he said he was concerned with what happens after midnight. So no liquids after midnight tonight.[/quote']

I (and a lot of other people) had no pre op diet and I am fine. All they tell you is no food or liquids after midnight the night before.

to be honest, the person whose advice I would most trust is the anesthesiologist...they are truly the experts, and that is what they do each and every day

I (and a lot of other people) had no pre op diet and I am fine. All they tell you is no food or liquids after midnight the night before.

That gives me peace of mind! I was blindsided by the change it was either tomorrow or wait another 6 weeks which was not the option I wanted.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

to be honest' date=' the person whose advice I would most trust is the anesthesiologist...they are truly the experts, and that is what they do each and every day[/quote']

Thank you ! That is what I thought the anesthesiologist knows what he is talking about. I will just stick to clear plain Water until midnight and wait for my 3:00 pm surgery.

This is good, now you have less time to worry and obsess!

You are fine. Nothing after midnight. The pre-op is supposed to shrink your liver, making working on your stomach a little easier. That's the theory anyway. Clear liquids the day before helps you with cleaning out your intestines. It will be just fine. The doctor would not have offered the earlier date if it was not okay. Good luck!!!

This is good' date=' now you have less time to worry and obsess![/quote']

That's the positive side :)

You are fine. Nothing after midnight. The pre-op is supposed to shrink your liver' date=' making working on your stomach a little easier. That's the theory anyway. Clear liquids the day before helps you with cleaning out your intestines. It will be just fine. The doctor would not have offered the earlier date if it was not okay. Good luck!!![/quote']

Thank you! I will let you all know tomorrow.

You are fine. Nothing after midnight. The pre-op is supposed to shrink your liver' date=' making working on your stomach a little easier. That's the theory anyway. Clear liquids the day before helps you with cleaning out your intestines. It will be just fine. The doctor would not have offered the earlier date if it was not okay. Good luck!!![/quote']

Judy!!!! I know you!!! I'm so glad to have found someone I know on here! Lol... I bet you'd never guess who this is! We can talk on fb... I'll message you soon! Oh and my date is almost one month after yours. I can't wait to talk to you and maybe we can meet for lunch before your surgery!