Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member Looking for help

Hi everyone, my name is Tammy. My surgery date is November 18th- 2013 ( it's coming fast) - I've done a lot of research but am finding that although some books touch on gastric sleeve, I haven't found one specific book that just focuses on gastric sleeve. I'm looking for a book that has it all, surgery info, stages after surgery! Basically, i'm looking for a bible like book on the gastric sleeve. Anyone have any thoughts or info to point me in the right direction. Please let me know... I'm looking forward to chatting and having support as well as offering support to anyone. Thanks :)

The absolute best resource I've found is the FREE MU guide http://www.muhealth....Booklet VSG.pdf I read it many many times before and after my surgery. It may not follow your doctor's recommendations exactly, but it will give you a very good idea of what eating will be like after surgery. All doctors give different advice so there's no one "bible" of what you must or must not do.. some docs say no soda ever, other's say diet soda is fine, some say no NSAIDs ever, others say taking them with food is fine.. some say chewable Vitamins only, other's say pills are fine.. some make you be on liquids for weeks after surgeries and others have patients eating soft foods within days...

And of course hang out here and learn from those who have had the surgery.. I started coming to this forum four months prior to my surgery and learned soooo much just from the members here during that time.

The big book on the gastric sleeve- love it I got it on my kindle after a few others that included every surgery and not much info it tells you a lot specifically about sleeve it's actually where I found this site:)--good luck to you!!!

I also got "The Big Book on the Gastric Sleeve" by Alex Brecher. I'm on page 300/438! I also read a quick little personal account called "Losing It" by Anne Andrews. It's only 61 pages. Good luck to you and Welcome!

Dr Guillermo Alvarez's book is wonderful also.

Thanks everyone for the information. :)

Here are some links to guides that I have saved from this forum over the years:

The Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Program: Dietary Guidelines for Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy

http://www.cornellwe...gastrectomy.pdf

Institute for Advanced Bariatric Surgery: Preparatory Surgery Guide

http://www.laplose.c...urgeryGuide.pdf

Institute for Advanced Bariatric Surgery: Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery Diet Guide

http://www.laplose.c...veDietGuide.pdf

Northwest Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery: Laproscopic Gastric Sleeve Diet

http://www.northwest...ectomy-diet.pdf

Kaiser Fremont Bariatric Program Guide (this is my program's guide and it covers VSG and other WLS)

http://mydoctor.kais...rics/binder.jsp

Not sure this will work, but if it does, the first link is an guide from Dr. Criangle that was provided by another poster and the second is the Cornell guide, which I've also provided a weblink for above.

www.sleeveguide.com/new-post-op.html

post-204819-1381313243213_thumb.jpg

post-204819-13813132433206_thumb.jpg

I was hoping to find some more suggestions for my liquid diet, because frankly I'm dying of boredom with this Soup and Jello crap, so I googled "what to eat after VSG" and this link came up. At the end of the article (which had great info for pre-op candidates too) there were two links for some resources guides which I thought were pretty good, and I wanted to share them with my VSG family.

Lynda

Thanks Iserena, greatly appreciated! :)