Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

keep having feelings of regrets

Out of everything I've read and learned over the million years I've been trying to lose weight I still think that losing weight and exercising will only add years to my life.

But will check this out with my Dr next time I talk to him.

Granted there are plenty of "healthy"people who have maintained a normal weight and exercised for their whole life who drop dead but there is usually an underlying issue that they were not aware of or not public about.

I'm guessing the 60+ sleevers on the forum should be getting their wills in order cause they'll probably be croakin' soon?

*sigh*

It was nice knowing you! :P

I'm guessing the 60+ sleevers on the forum should be getting their wills in order cause they'll probably be croakin' soon?

*sigh*

Well, if they were destined to live to age 110, they can wait to settle their affairs till they hit 92. ;)

From someone's ***

Lol. That's the craziest thing I have ever heard.

Luckysmomma.. I sure as heck hope you didnt have surgery from one of those three quack drs who told you that.

toy27 - SO sorry. I just meant to post something to let you know you are not alone & that there's those who do regret the surgery...and understand. It does get better & easier. Most get over the regret phase.I am sure you will! A few do not. I am just one of those. Just give it time and hang in there. Everybody is on their own journey, on their own time table...I am sure you will do fine.

To all else - I didn't mean to open a can of worms, but anytime I post on a thread - even remotely about regret - it happens...I know what three very different doctors in different parts of my state told me, I know what I read & posted the authors names as I had them scribbled down, and I know all I meant to do was give a supportive response to toy27, nothing more, nothing less.

From what I was told it would make u healthier & better than losing and gaining over & over again that's y I did it & u can't take all our Vitamins at 1 time they say that's how u get deficiency because we can't absorb things the same because of 75 to 80% of our stomach was removed I think I need 2 go 2 one of these meetings because I'm really feeling some kind of way after she said we took 18years off our life if so we should've been told that I just pray 4 every1 & hope that I could b as happy as others on this forum I was only 215 pounds 5feet 4 when I got this done at the age of 35 I did this 2 b able 2. C my kids grow up not 4 them 2 plan my funeral

I can't imagine it taking 18 years off our lives. I have my monthly checkup on Friday and plan on asking my doctor. I know his response is going to tell me to stop reading these types of posts and forums.

From what I was told it would make u healthier & better than losing and gaining over & over again that's y I did it & u can't take all our Vitamins at 1 time they say that's how u get deficiency because we can't absorb things the same because of 75 to 80% of our stomach was removed I think I need 2 go 2 one of these meetings because I'm really feeling some kind of way after she said we took 18years off our life if so we should've been told that I just pray 4 every1 & hope that I could b as happy as others on this forum I was only 215 pounds 5feet 4 when I got this done at the age of 35 I did this 2 b able 2. C my kids grow up not 4 them 2 plan my funeral

Please go to one of the meetings you just spoke of. They are often run by really knowledgable people.

The Vitamins are a pain as far as timing them but compared to being on high blood pressure meds?

I'll take them.

I am 47 in a couple of weeks and was 235 and stand 5'4

I did it for my children so they DONT have to bury their mom. And I did it for me so I can go out and LIVE life again.

All I can say is don't believe that nonsense about 18 years. It's just not true.

Oh and it gets easier everyday I promise.

To all else - I didn't mean to open a can of worms, but anytime I post on a thread - even remotely about regret - it happens...I know what three very different doctors in different parts of my state told me, I know what I read & posted the authors names as I had them scribbled down, and I know all I meant to do was give a supportive response to toy27, nothing more, nothing less.

Luckysmomma, I don't feel like you opened any cans of worms. I'm a naturally-curious person; when I hear something (or, more accurately here--read something) that startles me or makes me wonder "why", I ask. Then I research for answers. Your data was startling, at least it was to me, and it's made me want to know more. There's no judgement in my curiosity, just a need-to-know-more feeling.

Yes... Please, those of you researching this new information let us know what you come up with.

Luckysmomma, anyway you'd share the drs names so we can settle our Curiosity/nerves?

I've researched for over a year & I never came across that info! I am scheduled to have surgery this Friday & if my surgeon tells me that WLS will or can shorten my life....... I will cancel in a heartbeat!!! I am a ball of nerves & have been so stressed out today...... This just might be the fricken' icing!

I've researched for over a year & I never came across that info! I am scheduled to have surgery this Friday & if my surgeon tells me that WLS will or can shorten my life....... I will cancel in a heartbeat!!! I am a ball of nerves & have been so stressed out today...... This just might be the fricken' icing!

:(

Look at the unicorn.... It is a soothing unicorn..

Breath...in........ And.......out.