Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are chicken bouillon cubes okay if I can't find Kosher chicken broth?

I've noticed that with most broths/bases/stocks/cubes the Protein per 1 cup serving is very low, like with the knorr cubes and the pacific naturals chicken broth the protien is 1gms. And the protein to carb ratio is 1/1 nonetheless. I was just wondering how I might get my protein in in the beginning so I don't start a trend towards losing all my hair.....and since protein is absolutely necessary no matter what stage post/pre-op are there tasteless protein powders out there I could add to my stock/broths? Or supplements I would be able to stomach on either stage?

I use natural unflavored Protein Powder but you can't overheat it or it gels. BARF! I have no idea about the kosherness (is that a word?) of Protein powder at all! I don't do broth for protein, I do it for savory. I can't take all the sweet. Unjury makes a chicken flavored protein powder that people like, I just can't justify the cost since this phase is so short.

Oh, and my Kroger carries that brand as well as food lion. I don't know what groceries you have but it's not an uncommon brand. Kroger has a large Kosher section, but I am completely ignorant about how all that works for you. :) Where do you live? If you like it, I am sure I could stuff a whole priority box full of them for $5 in shipping and save you a ton of $$.

You know what that isn't a bad idea at all! I'll go to my local krogers and check out the kosher section again and see if I can find it there. Do you know how much it costs at yours?

Thanks so much for the offer! That is super nice of you! :D

I use natural unflavored Protein powder but you can't overheat it or it gels. BARF! I have no idea about the kosherness (is that a word?) of Protein powder at all! I don't do broth for protein, I do it for savory. I can't take all the sweet. unjury makes a chicken flavored protein powder that people like, I just can't justify the cost since this phase is so short.

hmmm...that has me worried too. I don't see any solution short of calling each unflavored protein powder company and asking them directly. Ugh....I'd rather not. Just got through doing the same to make a list of kosher/halal boxed cereals........which ended with my list completely blank lol. Most of them have pork, and the ones that don't have non-kosher beef in some form or another. Either way. I'm just going to have to make do with what I have. Already bought two boxes of the premium Protein shakes in chocolate and despite liking them or disliking them....they will be my main source for protein come the next stage post-op. No worries! Was just hoping to get more protein so I don't give my body an excuse not to "lose" anything but my hair lol.

You know what that isn't a bad idea at all! I'll go to my local krogers and check out the Kosher section again and see if I can find it there. Do you know how much it costs at yours?

Thanks so much for the offer! That is super nice of you! :D

$4 maybe?

$4 maybe?

Well, that settles it. Once I get the order and taste test it I'd love to take you up on that offer. :D Do you have paypal?

Btw...do you have a favored way to make just plain savory broth to sip out of the stuff? Or should I just stick with what the instructions on the jar say?

Oh, and did I mention. You're awesome!!!! :D

LOL