Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days out cant get enough fluids down help!

All I want to do is sleep. I keep throwing up the pain medication. N when I try to drink it hurts. Don't know what to do.

Just take tiny sips and get as much Fluid as you possibly can. Plain Water hurts more than flavored water, milk and other drinks. Keep with it. It will get better. I am three weeks out and still can't get all my water and Protein in a day and my dr. is fine with that. Do the best you can.

I am 9 days out and can really drink now! I wasn't hungry or thirsty but the more I read the more I saw it was normal. I had to ask if I could keep my I.V a little longer. It's not easy but I hear and see it will get better. I can't even eat yet. I just dip my pinky into something just so my stomach doesn't forget how to work. The pain I feel is like when I was in labor having contractions. But it gets better....RIGHT?

I am 2 days out also.. the gas pain is so bad I feel like im in labor with my kids all over again..I take one sip of anything and im full. if I try another I get nausea and than vomit. I really hope it gets better. ANY SUGGESTIONS. PLUS I CANT sleep

Walking around as much as you can helps dissipate the gas. Try sipping luke warm Decaf tea, broth or I liked Sobe Water which is sweet but has no calories. Don't try to eat anything yet. Just sip Clear liquids slowly all day. The pain meds made me really nauseous too. Ask for some anti-nausea medication. Also try liquid tylenol without the codeine for pain. It's the narcotic pain meds that made me nauseous.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

How long does this gas / spasms in tummy last?

Sobe Water sounds yummy. Ill have to try.

Walking when I drink are .taking Protein helps me the most but if you still keep throwing up you should be calling your doctor uh making sure you're not dehydrated but the walking and drinking help me the most

I'm only 3 days post op but when I was in the hospital they kept trying to give me the liquid pain killers and after picking up the prescriptions I found out you don't want to take it on an empty stomach. I think that's what made me feel nausea and vomited. You may wants to check your prescriptions.

I know that when I came home from the hospital, all I wanted to do is sleep for two days.

For the gas, use gas ex strips and lay on your back with your knees bent, not flat down. The best thing to do when you dont feel like sleeping anymore is: sip Water, sip water, sip water.

Then start to incorporate your protien shakes in, drink 4 ounces shake, drink 4 ounces water, drink 4 ounces shake, etc.

This is something that you have to work at, so dont get all bent if it doesnt happen all at once.

I'm only 3 days post op but when I was in the hospital they kept trying to give me the liquid pain killers and after picking up the prescriptions I found out you don't want to take it on an empty stomach. I think that's what made me feel nausea and vomited. You may wants to check your prescriptions.

U hadn't thought of that. Thx!