Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 cc feels really tight.

I waited 2 months to get any kind of fill.

I have a 9.75 size band.

Doc said most people get 2cc's the first fill. But I could feel that

thing when he injected only 1. I said that's plenty!

I'm having a hard time with just this 1cc. I've had a few times with

the nasty chest pains and the spitting. I thought I'd learn a lesson

with the first one, but it seems to be inconsistent.

The fatigue and energy problems are back, too. I am assuming they're

associated with another caloric intake adjustment, just like

it was after surgery when calorie intake drastically reduced. It did

adjust after a while. I also assume this one will adjust.

I was losing slowly even with no fill at all and am thinkin'

that that will be the way to go!

This seems to contradict everything everyone else goes through.

Guess it's just the differences in body types.

My .02.

Im Replying To You Because We Are Approximately The Same Weight And Our Surgeries Were Both In October.

My Surgery Was October 30, 2006

Operated On By Dr Edward Pucci

At St Clares Hospital In Dover, New Jersey

My Weight On Day Of Surgery Was 212.8

Weight On Today At My Appt For First Fill Of 3 Cc Was 196.2

Total Loss To Date Is 16.6 Lbs. I Am 5"1 Inch So My Goal Is Approximately 145

Lbs To Go = 50

No Restriction Felt After Fill Today. As Far As I Can Tell. I Hope I Feel Some So That My Weightloss Continiues Before My Next Appointment On January 30. Look Forward To Hearing From You

If my doc put 2cc in my 4cc (9.75cm) band at my first fill, I would be totally blocked off. I have 1.5cc right now, and am borderline too tight. One size does NOT fit all!

Tami

i also have 1.5cc in a 4cc band. i don't know if I'm just right or not. i got real light headed during my fill so he removed some. he told me to come back this week if i wanted him to put some back... i haven't called and think i'll ride it out for a few months. i haven't had any pain but spitting goo over the weekend. just don' know... we definietley have to get to know our new tools very very well, don't we!

I have so much trouble with fills. Mine don't kick in until 6-10 later. I have learned that I can't tolerate big fills, but small ones of .3 work the best. Even this last time when my saline had leaked out and they refilled me with omnapaque, I still had problems. Why? Because I had leaked down to 1.4 and they put me back to 2.0, which was still .3 less than before the leaking began. I'm convinced its the amount they put in at any given time, not the total in the band.

Take it easy after a fill. If you are sliming and PBing you are too tight and the best thing to do is get a slight unfill. You might try having hot tea or hot Water to reduce the amount of slime. You may be having nasal congestion as well. Many drink something warm before eating to remove the mucus and to open the stoma.

Good luck