Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That everyone loses differently but I was curious to how much people lost the first month and what their diet consisted off.

During first month, my diet was primarily Protein Powder shakes for first few weeks with some Tomato Protein Soups. During last week I added canned salmon to munch on for 2 ounces at a time. The wild canned salmon from Trader Joe's was such a treat after eating Protein Shakes day after day after day. I lost 45 lbs first month on this type of diet. Did more of the same for second month and lost an additional 45 lbs. my calories ended up being between 100-300 for first 3 weeks and then advanced to 300-600 during second month.

My first month i lost 33 lbs and i was eating tuna salad hot dogs bologna meatballs eggs. I was (and still am since i am only 5 weeks out) doing soft foods that are not dry or I have a sauce with then. If they are dry i throw up.

During my first full month after being sleeved I lost 14 pounds.. ALL of it being in the first two weeks. Even prior to being sleeved I was a slow loser, losing at a much MUCH slower rate than predicted by my dietician (I worked with a dietician for nearly a year prior to deciding to do the sleeve)

I was on Clear liquids the first week, full liquids the second week, purees the third week and soft foods including deli meats the fourth week. I ate around 600-800 calories a day and got 70+ grams of Protein in daily. I definitely ate a lot more than most people this early out. Also, during the first six weeks I was careful to follow the diet progression and incorporate the food items into my diet even if they weren't something that I planned on making a habit.. so when it was time to add Beans, I added beans.. when it was time to add grains, I added them. I just wanted to make sure that I COULD eat everything .... after I progressed all the way through all the phases (7 phases for me in all) I went back to strictly low carb eating.

During my first full month after being sleeved I lost 14 pounds.. ALL of it being in the first two weeks. Even prior to being sleeved I was a slow loser' date=' losing at a much MUCH slower rate than predicted by my dietician (I worked with a dietician for nearly a year prior to deciding to do the sleeve)

I was on Clear Liquids the first week, full liquids the second week, purees the third week and soft foods including deli meats the fourth week. I ate around 600-800 calories a day and got 70+ grams of Protein in daily. I definitely ate a lot more than most people this early out. Also, during the first six weeks I was careful to follow the diet progression and incorporate the food items into my diet even if they weren't something that I planned on making a habit.. so when it was time to add Beans, I added beans.. when it was time to add grains, I added them. I just wanted to make sure that I COULD eat everything .... after I progressed all the way through all the phases (7 phases for me in all) I went back to strictly low carb eating.[/quote']

When were you sleeved? 14 in a month is not bad?

I too am about 14 pounds down, sleeved 5/1 so not quite a month. I've been stalled for the last week - actually gaining 2 pounds :/ I'm not getting (too) discouraged. I lost almost 50 pre surgery so really I'm almost half way to goal! I know for sure i don't eat enough to maintain or gain, so I just need my body to catch up and the scale to start moving again and I will be a happier camper.

I am 3 weeks out today and have lost about 13 pounds. I was on clear liquids for 5 days, whole liquids for 7 days and pureed/soft since 12 days. I eat Greek Yogurt, egg white omelette with Spinach and lowfat chedder cheese, tuna or chicken salad, weight control oatmeal, and have been trying regular food in very small amounts if it is soft. Have had no problems thus far.

I'm on fluids only for the entire first month post op. 2 weeks clear fluids (4 more days left) Then 2 weeks 'full' fluids. ( Protein Shakes, watered down creamed Soups, milk, etc.) Then 2 weeks puréed foods and 2 weeks mushy/soft foods. No 'real' food until week 9. I'm down 17 lbs since surgery 12 days ago. I know others eat foods sooner, but even Jello and Popsicles are giving me reflux, so I'm good with slowly reintroducing foods.