Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been reviewing my maintenance plan from my NUT and not sure i'm ready.

How many people stick with the shakes after reaching goal...I am having 2 per day now and might stay with that after maintenance starts.

I quit the shakes even before I got to goal. But if you look at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ she is a good example of someone who continues to use the shakes.

Lynda

I quit the shakes even before I got to goal. But if you look at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ she is a good example of someone who continues to use the shakes.

Lynda

Thank you. My doctors plan is very strict...so maintenance isn't that much different except I am allowed whole grains.

I am about 6 weeks post op, and I am getting tired of the shakes already. Just found the spot here under food & nutrition, that might help me with that. I am basically stuck with one shake that works for me. All the flavors I liked before surgery, I did not like after surgery, and only the chocolate Peanut Butter of my brand, is what I can tolerate now. I tried addeing things to it, and plan on trying some of the recipies that I found on here. However, I can tell you, it seems very hard to do just shakes right now. Hopefully the recipes help. Right now I mix mine with milk, yogurt, peanut butter, ice, and banana. That has restarted my like for the shake, but need more variety. It is possible, but you might want to check out that section of the forum. Looks like it might be very helpful to me.

I am about 6 weeks post op' date=' and I am getting tired of the shakes already. Just found the spot here under food & nutrition, that might help me with that. I am basically stuck with one shake that works for me. All the flavors I liked before surgery, I did not like after surgery, and only the chocolate Peanut Butter of my brand, is what I can tolerate now. I tried addeing things to it, and plan on trying some of the recipies that I found on here. However, I can tell you, it seems very hard to do just shakes right now. Hopefully the recipes help. Right now I mix mine with milk, yogurt, Peanut Butter, ice, and banana. That has restarted my like for the shake, but need more variety. It is possible, but you might want to check out that section of the forum. Looks like it might be very helpful to me.[/quote']

Thank you. I love the EAS chocolate fudge and look forward to drinking it. I have been on the shakes for almost 7 months now.

I'm almost 3 years out, so things may have changed, but my doctor and dietitian wanted their patients to be off the shakes or Protein Shots and getting ALL Protein via real food, as soon as possible. I was off all supplemental protein at 2.5 months.

Hi NtvTxn,

I'm a native Texan too! Born in Ft. Worth but we left when I was two. Been a Californian since then. Anyhow, it really varies from program to program on the shakes. My program was like yours, but it took me longer than 2.5 months to get enough Protein without the shake. And that's even with my love of greek yogurt. You really rocked your sleeve!

Lynda

I might do a 8oz shake each day (IsoPure) but the rest of my Protein comes from food as well. I am 20 weeks post-op.

I like shakes every day even though goal was a few months ago. They not only taste good, but help in eating enough Protein to build muscle. Latest favorite is light muscle milk cake batter, but am also a fan of Cookies and cream by nectar and GNC.< /p>

I like shakes every day even though goal was a few months ago. They not only taste good' date=' but help in eating enough Protein to build muscle. Latest favorite is light muscle milk cake batter, but am also a fan of Cookies and cream by nectar and GNC.[/quote']

I couldn't stand the muscle milk chocolate...but will look for the cake batter. Is that under 110 calories? I can't have a shake more than that.

I couldn't stand the muscle milk chocolate...but will look for the cake batter. Is that under 110 calories? I can't have a shake more than that.

It depends if you want 1 or 2 scoops. 2 scoops is 25 g of Protein and 210 calories. This is 2x the calories as, say, nectar Protein which is about 100 calories for 23 g. For those whole can manage an extra 100 calories, this shake is very yummy. To me the extra 100 calories is something I actually need to put on the lean muscle.

Full nutrition information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/muscle-milk-light-protein-powder-cake-batter-58335617