Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved May 9...depressed, regretting having they surgery!

I was sleeved may 1st and its been a rough road. I didn't like any Protein Shakes I tried a bunch and have plain Protein Powder added it to cream Soup and choked it down. Now I'm on puréed so I try to eat tuna eggs and cottage cheese and drink sugar free carnation Breakfast. I am hoping to come across a Protein Shake that I like. I can only eat 3-4 bites at a time then am full for hrs. I did miss food at first and was miserable but now I'm use to it. I don't even crave chocolate for some reason I am craving a big fat turkey sub lol I'm nervous to eat regular food again Idk how my stomach will handle it. In the beginning I the puréed stage and even now every now and then I puke. I don't regret it though I've lost 30 lbs and look forward to keep loosing I also started walking I really want this weight off and feel good being 30 lbs lighter!!

I was sleeved may 1st and its been a rough road. I didn't like any Protein shakes I tried a bunch and have plain Protein powder added it to cream Soup and choked it down. Now I'm on puréed so I try to eat tuna eggs and cottage cheese and drink sugar free carnation breakfast. I am hoping to come across a protein shake that I like. I can only eat 3-4 bites at a time then am full for hrs. I did miss food at first and was miserable but now I'm use to it. I don't even crave chocolate for some reason I am craving a big fat turkey sub lol I'm nervous to eat regular food again Idk how my stomach will handle it. In the beginning I the puréed stage and even now every now and then I puke. I don't regret it though I've lost 30 lbs and look forward to keep loosing I also started walking I really want this weight off and feel good being 30 lbs lighter!!

I went through a period of wanting a sandwich so bad! You just want to bite into something, huh? When you're on liquids and soft food you just want some "real" food! Have you tried Premier Protein ready made Protein drinks? I love the chocolate one! I've tried several and this one was the best fit for me. I get mine at Sam's and they come in vanilla and chocolate. Walmart may have them too and in a smaller thing to try...not sure.

No laura I haven't tried those but I'm willing to try anything that will help me out

If you go to GNC they will have a variety of drinks that are not milk based..

http://m.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2612796

Grape is my favorite. Alpine Punch isn't too bad either.

Grape is my favorite. Alpine Punch isn't too bad either.

Ah good! I've never had a problem with the milky shakes, I still drink the premiers 6 months out!

But some people just can't stomach those.

So sorry you are having a time of it. As people said above, try the Isopure. Best source of Protein. I second the grape. I lived on it for several weeks.

It will get better.

Hang in there.

I drink GNC premade Total Lean shakes. If you put these in the freezer for a little bit they taste just like a chocolate shakes. Take it from me you will have up times and down times. You are not alone please find someone on here to lean on and you will get passed this.