Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

strictures anyone?

JennyBeth - did the stent hurt when they put it in and is that why you wanted it gone from day one? I just wonder b/c the gastroenterologist said to us today that he knows the dilation procedures may only be temporary and would require multiple tries. I'm just wondering if worse-case scenario happens and the stricture comes back after this next dilation if the stent is something worth considering. Did the stent require them to open you back up for surgery or was it done through the endoscopy scope? If I'm prying too much, feel free to tell me to bug off. I'm just wondering what to prepare for. Thanks!!

The stent was just very uncomfortable from day one. I had a lot of pressure in my chest and it radiated down my back. I thought it would help with being able to eat/drink, but it really didn't and I still threw up all the time. I also suffered really bad nausea all the time and always had a bloody-tingy taste in my mouth. The surgeon said the main purpose of the stent was to hold the stomach open long enough that the scar tissue heals around it and once the stent is removed it can remain open. He said most patients can last 2-6 weeks before they can't take it any longer. Although I couldn't wait to get it out my surgeon wanted me to make it to the 6 weeks so he was sure it would correct the stricture. It ended up being almost 7 long weeks, and I felt like it would never end, but thankfully it did the trick! They don't cut you open they put the stent in and take it out by endoscopy. You just have a sore throat for a few days. It was rough having it in, but well worth it since it fixed the issue.

Thanks so much for sharing the information with me. I hope you are doing better now and that those tough days are over for you. Say a little prayer for the hubs that this procedure will work and that we won't have to go through additional procedures. Have a good evening!

Hoping you feel better soon!

I had a sent too. For my stricture. They put it in and removed it he same day as it migrated. Strictureplasty worked for me.

Hello

I was sleeved on September 9th...and I have already been endoscopic dilated twice due to a stricture close to my pyloric valve.....Im still having a hard time eating and drinking so my surgeon wants to put a stent on to try to fix the stricture....

Im terrified....but I don't know what to do, to try to ride it out and see if the stricture dilates with time, which is possible or get the stent put on.....

Any comments of anybody who has had a stent after the gastric sleeve are very welcome!

Thanks!