Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone tried Spark for an pre- workout energy boost?

Several girls I work with take Spark for a pre-workout energy boost. i think it may be an Advocare? product. They swear its great stuff but I'm very conscientious about what goes in my sleeve. They said its packed with Vitamins and about two cups of coffee worth if caffeine in it. Anyone tried it?

I have a friend that has not been sleeved and she is a huge advocate of this line of products...She is a health nut! She doesnt put anything in her body at all that is bad for ya....hope this helps a bit.

I have not tried it yet but she did send me a sample of the Protein shake that I have not had yet.

I used Advocare catalyst product before every workout. It is a good chain of amino acids and always helps with giving me the required energetic response for a good workout. It has seven amino acids in it (google or look up catalyst on Amazon). Love this product and it was recommended by my Cross fit PT along with 2-4 g of fish oils daily.

I use creatine (5g) after strength training. Not sure how well or long term this is working so far, but think it helps with harder muscles.

I also use some pre workout drinks like c4 and no-explode (3 week cycles). For me, the pre workout drinks help, but I really think catalyst works well as it feels like a more natural boost during heavy lifting or HIIT exercises.

A good Multivitamin and Protein shake also helps with better performance during workouts. I currently use GNC extreme athlete vitapak in morning and Amplified Wheybolic 60 for recovery shake every day.

Spark has a whole lot of caffeine in it. I believe (if my memory is correct) that it has as much as two cups of coffee in one packet. It's been a while since I've looked it up. I would just worry about dehydration. My Nutritionist and doctor do not recommend that much caffeine. I haven't looked at the sugar content, but I know their Protein shakes have a lot. I have three unused boxed of them that I won't drink b/c of the sugar.

I have friends who swear by it (and sell it) but I never loved the Spark. My husband also said he couldn't sleep at night if he drank it after noon.

obviously I missed your sentence about the caffeine...sorry for repeating!

I love spark and it does have 120mg of caffeine but it also have other Vitamins & minerals in it. I've been drinking this stuff for 5 years w/ breaks of course from time to time. For some reason I can tolerate this better than any other energy drink out on the market.

MD