Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First of all it sucks typing on an iPhone. Second this may be really long.

Well after missing my flight I was able to get everything adjusted by one day. So the next morning I was two hours early for the flight lol. Flight was uneventful but it was a cool 63 degrees when I arrived, I am used to 100 or more. Samuel was waiting for me around the corner and pulled up shortly in a very discreet white mini van. He's super friendly and we chatted the whole way. He pointed out a few interesting things and soon we were crossing the border. Not scary at all. A little run down and dirty but not scary. When we pulled up its not a huge hospital. More like a medical annex. Very modern and pretty. As soon as I walked in the lobby even the receptionist was asking about my flight. They were expecting me the day before so everything was ready. I got my allergy Bracelet and was taken to my room. Ana the coordinator was so nice, also asking about my flight. I felt bad that they had to run around and change everything to get me in next day surgery, but she said not to worry. I signed far less paperwork than I ever did for a hospital stay. Less than 10 minutes later I was given a gown to change into and taken to blood draw. I am a hard stick so I expected a lot of pain, but she looked all over both arms for a good 15 mins before trying only twice. Because I hadn't drank since midnight on Sunday I was pretty dehydrated. Next was chest X-ray right down the hall. Then back to my room. They tried to look for a vein for the i but no luck. Dr. C said they would inly try twice because they could always do it once i was under, they didn't need to cause pain. but they got it on the second try. vI was given a pill and a sip of liquid to relax. Dr. C came in to tell me about anesthesia and to take a medical history, Dr. V came to discuss nutrition and post op care, then Dr. G came to discuss the surgery. It all seemed so fast and so sudden! I went for my height and weight. I lost 15lbs!! Wow.

I went back to my room and was told I would be operated on shortly. Well three hours later and a much needed nap I was woken up and told to get ready. They brought in the gurney and I hopped on, put on my "sexy cap". Rolled down the hallway to the OR. It's very small. Not like the huge US OR. But everything looked modern and clean. I have quite a few tattoos and everyone seemed very impressed and asked me about them and my job. That must have been a distraction because next thing I knew, i was fighting the oxygen mask and I was back in my room lol.

Now for the part everyone is waiting for... NO PAIN. I was prepared for so much pain and soreness I kind of freaked myself out. I had a very sore raw throat. I almost thought I didn't have the surgery! But the doctor said everything went smoothly. I slept through the night and the nurses came in with meds every few hours. Again I was shocked at the lack of pain. I even refused meds a few times just to make sure lol. One thing I had severe nausea. Every time I stood up I vomited. So there was no walking for me. But I had no gas. I guess the vomiting pushed it out. I was given a few extra bags of electrolyte because of dehydration and nebulizer treatments every 8 hours. Nausea and pain meds kept up the entire time. The first leak test, hard to describe the taste. Yucky but it goes away fast. Dr. V came in again and scolded me about walking, but since I have no gas pain or overall pain she wasn't too hard on me. I slept most of the day away until they brought the blue dye. It's a huge cup! But I was worried for nothing. It just tasted like... Blue dye. No leaks in my drain. So that's my story. Very simple, very easy. And I leave for the hotel today. Oh every nurse I had spoke English. And I speak a little Spanish so communication was great.

If you have any questions about the small details, just ask away.

Congrats on what seems like such a successful surgery!! I only hope mine goes as well. I go in Aug for the single incision sleeve in TJ Mexico. Was yours the SILS? I wish you a quick and easy recovery. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! Glad you did so well.